When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I did my first serious Mod

EuroTimez

bought a new toy, yesterday, ----BLACK AND DeCKER----DREMEL

Fine machine goes up to 15.000 rmp.

Went practising on modding some "cheap bezels" for practise, filling them down, etc. That went pretty smooth, then I went to do a CG mod. Got an old and rusted Submariner Rolex case "swiss eta 2836-2" from 2-3 years ago.

Also practised some polishing, wow went so fast!

Practised on old one, like theirs a saying in dutch ----op een oude fiets moet je het leren--- translated (may not sound so funny) " on a old bike you must learn (how to bicycle) " they also use this saying in regards to women (when men talk with each other, commenting on some women) hahah Dutchies.

So soon must try it on some expensive bezel inserts so I can install it for my future watches for sale -pre-modded and inspected-- ;)

Not sure I'm gonna offer the CG mod, as it is a bit tricky (can't F-up here), perphaps after much experience --only thing is I dont have too many crapped up reps to practise with--.

What do you guys think???

web_DSC07206.jpg

web_DSC07205.jpg

web_DSC07208.jpg

A word of advice, don't go the path of dealer/modder by all means mod your own watches but offering them to members will only end in tears.

Ken

Wot..............the watch or the service?

:cry:

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I think Ken is right and some other ppl adviced me as well.

The CG is just for me own fun, prob won't be offering it coz its kind a tricky business.

@ Edwin, I dont wanna spend hours doing something that can be done in minutes ;) Yes, I'm from Netherland too, but I'm not exactly around the corner...

How about the the bezel inserts, that one seems pretty safe to offer right?

Like ken & shundi said, I have enough on my hands just being a collector let alone be a full-time modder. I wasn't exactly planning on doing it myself, as I'm far too busy. But I wanted to experience it, and if I know how to do it, I can recruit my watchmaker (which is far more skilled) to let him do it.

Problem with providing top quality service = that most ppl don't want to make it pay, but at the same time are complaining when they get a dropshipped/rusted/screwed watch. Because providing a top quality service demands alot of time / energy / resources and also cost money. When Ppl work for me, I consider them assets and I treat them as such, meaning I give them a very fair share/payment, and I also give alittle extra when they do very good jobs, I could of course pay them the bare minimum and treat them like labours just to offer "cheap services to my customers" but that is not my style.

Anyways, any comments on my first timer? ---is it done well or so-so, or plain louzy, give it to me, I'm a big boy ;)

Edited by EuroTimez

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I think Ken is right and some other ppl adviced me as well.

The CG is just for me own fun, prob won't be offering it coz its kind a tricky business.

@ Edwin, I dont wanna spend hours doing something that can be done in minutes ;) Yes, I'm from Netherland too, but I'm not exactly around the corner...

How about the the bezel inserts, that one seems pretty safe to offer right?

Like ken & shundi said, I have enough on my hands just being a collector let alone be a full-time modder. I wasn't exactly planning on doing it myself, as I'm far too busy. But I wanted to experience it, and if I know how to do it, I can recruit my watchmaker (which is far more skilled) to let him do it.

Problem with providing top quality service = that most ppl don't want to make it pay, but at the same time are complaining when they get a dropshipped/rusted/screwed watch. Because providing a top quality service demands alot of time / energy / resources and also cost money. When Ppl work for me, I consider them assets and I treat them as such, meaning I give them a very fair share/payment, and I also give alittle extra when they do very good jobs, I could of course pay them the bare minimum and treat them like labours just to offer "cheap services to my customers" but that is not my style.

Anyways, any comments on my first timer? ---is it done well or so-so, or plain louzy, give it to me, I'm a big boy ;)

Well said Chris, but I don't agree on all of it. As we talked about it before, I know a bunch of members who send their watches to The Zigmeister for servicing and are happy to pay for it. The Zigmeister is known for a professional job on watches and he has proved himself numerous times.

Enjoy your holiday/work in Bkk m8