When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Design - new release

piratedzeus

My guess is that it uses an ETA 251.262 movement.

The same one that is in the Tag Heuer F1 and like the one in the Breitling Chrono Avenger M1 (although that is Thermoline).

There are both a centre seconds and minute hands.

Gen retails for $2-2.5K

A really good looking watch, personally I actually like it even better than the 7750 version.

It most likely has the same quartz movement as the Tag Heuer Indy and Breitling Chrono Colt replicas, with a 1/10 seconds totalizer@2 o'clock. 27 jewels, according to the movement picture on Kings site!

The price seems weird as the Indy replica cost less that 150 USD... But I remember the Indy was available both with ETA quartz and Japanese quartz. Maybe genuine ETA quartz have been more expensive.

Edited by chrgod

I have usually nothing against quartz... But for the price, it's indeed sick !

Besides, but that's a question of taste, this chrono looks "standard" against the original subdials design on the auto version.

Not worth more than 200-250 dollars, but just because the case and strap are very good. Quartz (even Swiss quartz >> most often Ronda and not ETA) are cheap.

Is it me or are all the new reps increasing in price?

Consider this example:

Last year (this day), A USD $298 rep is worth about 2,304 Yuan.

Today, A USD $298 rep is worth about 2,089 Yuan.

In order for the seller to sell his product for the same price as he did last year, his price would increase by $30 USD. Thus, what would normally cost $298 in 2007 costs $328 today.

Where are you guys seeing a $340 price for this quartz rep? Neither PC nor King's site have a price listed.

I don't see how this could cost much more than $150. The street price of the gen seems to be about $1,295.

The major flaw in this one, as Andreww pointed out, appears to be the inner bezel. The gen slopes at two different angles, while the rep seems to slope at just one angle.

The first thing I noticed was the date font. The gen uses a custom font, just like the 7750 version. However, I also found some photos of the gen with standard font, just like the rep. My guess is the early gens used the standard ETA quartz font.

Edited by jj69

why is S-p-a-s-t-i-c censored ?

Must have been they way you said it. :D

Everyone needs to call their own shots but if a rep even approaches $200 it better have a mechanical movement in it for me.

Ken

Where are you guys seeing a $340 price for this quartz rep? Neither PC nor King's site have a price listed.

I don't see how this could cost much more than $150. The street price of the gen seems to be about $1,295.

post-4381-1206782679_thumb.jpg

I think the rep manufacturers might read the time on a Quartz Porsche Design for the next few years... (if the battery doesn't leak) ^_^

Make it 200 USD, maybe it will raise buyers interest...

I don't see anyone choosing the Quartz for the same price (or more) as the auto movement. Sillix has the A7750 for 310 and Watchmark for 325...

The price of the movement is about $75 from ETA.. Since most Quartz at $120 and less use a $10 movement...

Anyway, $340 is way too expensive for a Quartz Rep. (I think the most expensive was the Chanel at that price, but it was full ceramic !)