When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of Boston GTG - (modem melter)

stevie7s

Well I just returned from the Boston GTG and what a great time. A few guys could not make it up due to the inclement weather. One was actually at the bar looking for us but did not bother to check reservations under "Stevie7s" and a few others actually came and enjoyed, what was a great night!

Plenty of great conversation, food, drinks and oh yeah...plenty of great watches. Take a peek at these photos I took. I will try and post more tomorrow. Matt, Bruce, Roland, it was a pleasure meeting you all and I can't wait to do it again, soon!!

Just getting on the road to the restaurant. Mind as well start of with a wristie in the car.

DSC00261.jpg

Here is the place...it was pretty busy tonight.

DSC00263.jpg

It took us a while to decide what to get to eat but, boy was it good!

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

Then the reps came barreling out...

DSC00268.jpg

Roland brought the most amazing looking watch box with several surprises inside.

DSC00271.jpg

Papa bear and baby bear:cheesy:

DSC00264.jpg

MReynolds (Matt) and Bdel (Bruce) brought along some heavy hitters as well. Matt's strap collection is 'CRAZY' and Bruce has great taste in dressy reps. Check out the skeleton piece.

DSC00287.jpg

He might have also persuaded me to think about a B&R.

DSC00272.jpg

The waiters were flocking to us like bees to honey. They wanted to try some stuff on so we let them. They enjoyed some of these...

DSC00274.jpg

Panerai was well represented. We were all amazed that there was not one duplicate in the bunch.

DSC00278.jpg

This was one of Matt's straps. A beautiful vintage leather Simona Strap from Firenze. The leather fragrance from this amazing work of art was overpowering all of the aromas in this open kitchen Italian restaurant.(and it was in his travel case not even on the table) Get a Simona if you can. You will not regret it.

DSC00279.jpg

Did someone say "straps?"

DSC00281.jpg

Roland is a very big shopper on the forums. Not only does he have a rep for every day of the month. He has a great Armani coat from Kenberg and also this amazingly authentic mens Hermes briefcase.

DSC00289.jpg

So overall, it was a great night. We stuck around and talked S H I T about all of you that weren't there. (just kidding) But we really did have fun and I hope that more of you can join us at our next one. I will keep you posted. Thanks and enjoy

Steve

So great to hear about the GTGs!

Thanks for sharing, it looks like you had a nice time toghether.

I would have love to see the waiters faces when the watches poped out :)

One of the waiters came right over and asked to see some of them. First thing he asked was "You have any Rolexes in there?" I'm sure he was satisfied when I pulled out my BK Yachtmaster. He looked all starry-eyed. Another waiter asked to try on Matt's Hublot Big Bang. He was a big guy so it looked great on him. We also let him try on my 217.

We had a great time. I can't wait to see everyone, again.

Stevie7s,

Thanks again for organizing this, I had a great time.

Hours flew by chatting ; look forward to doing it again sometime again in '08!

Amazing experience to see, touch, try on many watches that you see on the forum pictures all the time.

Nice summary story and pics too, the restaurant andthe staff were very friendly to our table without a doubt.

Cheers,

M

GTG's are always a great time :) Looks as though there was quite the variety there in terms of watches. It's nice to see the diverse nature from one collector to another, and it's also nice to see some watches that one might not have seen or considered prior. It's one thing to see these things in pictures, but quite a different story to see a watch in the metal.

Nice write up and pics!

Stevie7s,

Thanks again for organizing this, I had a great time.

Hours flew by chatting ; look forward to doing it again sometime again in '08!

Amazing experience to see, touch, try on many watches that you see on the forum pictures all the time.

Nice summary story and pics too, the restaurant andthe staff were very friendly to our table without a doubt.

Cheers,

M

It would not have been as great without you, Matt. Thanks for the datewheel and strap. I am going to put a call into Cousins for the Day Wheel and send it off to get AR'ed and lumed along with the datewheels and then sell her off like a cheap lady of the night!! ;)

Let get together again, soon. Maybe next time near "Pilmoth" :D

0_21_030608_Plimoth_sign.jpg

Stevie7s:

I had a really good time. Thanks for organizing it and the write-up. I am looking forward to the next meeting.

The watch box is out of stock. I would buy another one if I could get my hands on one. It's the only box I have ever seen where you can have Panerais next to each other, even the 47mm ones. If you wnat more info look in this posting:

Carbon Fiber Watch Box

Roland

One of the waiters came right over and asked to see some of them. First thing he asked was "You have any Rolexes in there?" I'm sure he was satisfied when I pulled out my BK Yachtmaster. He looked all starry-eyed. Another waiter asked to try on Matt's Hublot Big Bang. He was a big guy so it looked great on him. We also let him try on my 217.

We had a great time. I can't wait to see everyone, again.

Ugh, how BIG of an idiot am I....?? I will answer that one. I work in downtown Boston, commuter using my own vehicle, and live 60 miles south outside the city. Friday my wife planned to go out for dinner with an old business associate. I stopped by the golf club, had a couple of drinks and went home (by 8 pm). I could have gone, would have met some wonderful people, would have eaten great Italian (my favorite) food, and several drinks and B/S about watches all evening..... my Ex-wife was right.......

I am such an idiot.....

Next time!

Sounds like you guy had a great time. So sorry that missed this time due to my cold (lost my voice from thrusday til now). I'll sure going to be the next time. Summer is comming, i hope we can do one in the summer. Thank you Stevie7s.

Wow, that looks like good times! I have always wondered if the waiters are thinking "Who are these watch nerds" or "Damn, check out all these awesome watches!"

I was thinking the same thing... other patrons must have assumed it was some kind of millionaire's convention going on...

I can't say for everyone here, but I tend to believe that most rep buyers tend to dress flashy, and drive flashy too...

I can't say for everyone here, but I tend to believe that most rep buyers tend to dress flashy, and drive flashy too...

Hey...you're in Ottawa...low key city. I'm more of the Nanuq style...and my friends who are into both gens and reps are pretty low key on most things except their toys. Clothes...tasteful but conservative...sometimes really low key (jeans and t-shirts)...nothing flashy...but they're really into a few things whether that's sports equipment, time-off and travelling, etc...none are really into cars.