When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recommend Me A Nice Dressy Watch

fkhill33

Hi guys, I have a (very) small collection of gen and rep watches at the moment. Speedy Pro, speedy date, IWC GST Ti, FM Conquistador. I have had a 40mm PAM and Rolex EXPII in the past. As you can see, they are mainly sporty, chrono type watches. I thought the FM would dress up my collection a bit but it is way too bling, not that it is a bad thing. I love it to death but I want a dressy alternative!

Now I am looking for a nice dressy watch, something classy but will not draw too much attendion under a suit, something on leather... I was thinking PAM183 or a rose gold FA Jones BUT are they too big for me? I have a 6.5" wrist.

So what do you guys think? Whats dressy watch do you wear? Entertain me! =)

Cheers everyone.

Edited by fkhill33

Or again, this:

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=573

Nothing more elegant and understated than a Calatrava.

Other dealers offer an 'Officer's' Calatrava model which is also lovely. Very much like this:

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=253

For the price, you can always have it replated in thick micron yellow or rose gold. The case will probably even take a Swiss ETA if you want to upgrade.

Interesting link to the real deals w/prices:

http://www.tic-tock.com/wingates/watch-sea...Philippe/0/150/

Being an Omega fan, I would recommend two-tone Constellation; Aqua Terra or De Ville.

Or chuck the lot out the window and get a PAM187..........!

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :lol:

Edited by Chronus

Thats for everyones' posts, certainly added some ideas to my head. Some of the recommended watches are just a little too old/classic looking for me, I am 23.

I quite like the gold FM actually, can any body add any comments on the accuracy of this piece? Is the blue hands an instand giveaway?

Also, surprising that no one is backing the FA Jones or the 183?

if you don't want to go too far to the deep end i'd say the following

tt santos 100 (never fails to catch eyes and compliments)

183/231 (radiomir is pure class)

overseas (sporty, yet refined)

jlc rdm (more like a patek but a bit more believeable)

montbrillant on strap (think about it, it's amazing)

ap ro (too bad there aren't too many good reps of this line)

Being 23, I wouldn't recommend a watch too expensive, unless your a very well off 23 and can pull it off fine.

Pateks are nice, but I think too 'classic' looking for even me (at 45).

The FMs are very nice, but the solid gold will be at least a $10-20k watch, maybe one in stainless steel would suit.

I think the Santos TT would suit and so would a nice SS JLC dress... or a nice ss radiomir would be very nice under the cuff!

Personally I think the Explorer I pretty much works for any occasion. At 36mm it's certainly understated and dressy by modern standards.

I have the TT Santos 100 rep and wouldn't really recommend it . . . it's very blingy and will probably distract your coworkers and clients and the cheap ass strap is hard to replace. I almost never wear it although I like the quality of the piece. Just my 2 cents . . .