When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cheapest collector?

trademark2k6

I'm new to the forum as well and have done some buying from dealers. My first instinct was to go with the recommendation of the people on this site. They have been at this a lot longer so it was easy to make a decision after doing some research. Although it does appear that 'getting what you pay for' does apply with the dealers that appear on this site my main concern was that I not only get a half decent watch but that my well earned cash wasn't going to go off in to 'the great internet fraud bank in the sky'

I recently became a 'paid member' and as has been mentioned a whole new world of information has become available. Have i been here for years? nope - neither have I accumulated a vast collection of rep's (yet) but somewhere here I read.

Pick your dealer - then pick your watch. I maybe wrong but it seems to have worked well for me given my short exposure to this 'hobby'

title says it all. who is the cheapest collector in general?

If you talk about the cheapest for the same watch, Silix is always a bit under the others. Otherwise you can't compare.

I must say I'm not so comfortable with him, don't know why. That's an other story, as Silix is usually appreciated here.

But you'll see that depending on your relationship with some dealers you can negociate prices...

if it's "cheapest collectors / dealers" i'm going with tony and mark --- never had the pleasure of dealing with any of silix's sites.

if it's individual collector like forum member ... then it's me hands down - i won't rebuttal any flame remarks ... because i am naturally cheap except for clothes, golf attire and equipment and shoes (you have to be comfortable if you do allot of walking) :lol::lol:

so who's the cheapest collector .. that is ME MYSELF and I :lol:B)

If you talk about the cheapest for the same watch, Silix is always a bit under the others. Otherwise you can't compare.

I must say I'm not so comfortable with him, don't know why. That's an other story, as Silix is usually appreciated here.

I've had good experiences with Silix. He takes a bit longer to communicate, and sometimes to get stuff out to you...but, his "water resistance" testing is "included" take that for what it's worth...but the CHRONOS I've received from him that were supposedly tested, both came sound past 50m by a Bergeon tester in Canada.

He is helpful...just slower.