When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Avatar

lanikai

Im a big Porschephile, mostly aircooled, although Im warming up to the 997, cos it looks a bit like the 993. The 356 is my "holy grail", hence my name. Steve is the ultimate definition of coolness, and also a porsche aficionado. (the tao of steve). So I put the two together.

Heres Steve's 57 speedster :wub:

porsche_1957_01.jpg

Beautiful Cabriolet..... I had a 356B coupe.. zenith carbs .. wish i had it today..

when the Boxsters came out I told a friend who at the time was driving a 911.. that I thought it was really cool the Porsche was bringing back the style of the 50's and 60's ... he thought I was talking through the side of my throat... I still believe that the Boxster has the styling lines of the 356 series .. I miss the whine of the air cooled engines..

Porsche just couldn't keep up with the other European makes with out going to water cooled.. they have been working with Harley Davidson... they helped design the new V block that Harley uses now.. HD couldn't get any more HP from the old V-twin.. so Porsche helped design the new engine.. in simple terms the V has been widened..but to me that has made the thumping of the engine that was signature HD different... aahhhh "change we must"

Raijor Posted Today, 07:09 AM

Design perfection - no automobile will ever reach this zenith of design ....

So true Raijor... Dr. Ferdinand Porsche... designed the 356 for total functionality,... the faster you travel the more control you gain ... the nose of the car is pushed down by the stream of air flowing over it.... and the flow continues over the roof down the engine back and folds towards the bumper giving more of a push ... Brilliant... no need for rear spoilers ... and such Power for a 4 cylinder engine... it is still an engineering marvel...... it's nice to see Porsche coming back with the smooth flowing lines in today's models..

after readily recognizing the cool avatar's on the board i am curious to find out what the theme is for you ? .. I see you as not a face but an image or theme .. so what is yours..

I'll start.. mine is of energy.. pure energy moving half way across the world and landing on the shores of the Islands in the form of waves..

my avatar is the "Banzai Pipeline".. at Ehukai beach park on the North shore of Oahu..

these waves are made from the energy and power of the storms in the Artic.. the waves on the south shore are from storms in the Antartic.. the continental shelves have a lot to do with the power and size of the wave..

but getting back to my avatar.. waves are created by pure energy traveling through the water in a circular motion.. the water does not move until the energy hits the shores and the reef and shelves..

so like the movement of a mechanical watch the power is created by the mainspring and the energy is dispersed through the various levers an gears .. and ends up with the movement of the hands.. sort of like how the waves are created..

and having surfed the Pipe.. and having it have the better of me many times.. (the water is about 5 feet deep in certain areas.. with lava rock .. very sharp on the bottom) .. but if one doesn't give up ... getting "tubed" .. standing up and being in a rolling tunnel of water and energy... can be surreal and very spiritual... such is Life...

below is a pic of "Jaws' on the island of maui.. tow in surfing... insane.. but big enough to draw on :lol: .. the energy starts somewhere half way around the world.. like throwing a rock in a pond.. and the energy created starts it's journey through the oceans and ends up on the shores of the Islands..

jawsmauihz3.jpg

pics below are memories from parts of my life.. the far left pic is the beach about 3 blocks from my home when I was growing up .. my brother and I went there daily after school.. my Father took us fishing there.. by the man made island the water gets chest high at high tide.. and below the knees at low tide.. we went 'bamboo' fishing there and at night too.. during certain times of the year..

the next pic is Waikiki.. next to the "Wall" where i body boarded as a kid.. and live close by now.. the rest of the pics are of lanikai at sunrise.. the point at lanikai.. and the Koolau Mountain range at the other end of kailua.. and through waimanalo and kaneohe.. another shot of the PIPE..Diamond Head from Waikiki.. and desert from my fav Sunday Brunch place..

and the warning sign for tourist... they walk into the water and get thrown around.. or worst..

I want to hear everyone elses story or theme.. and if this has been done before.. DO IT AGAIN :D

thanks

Lani

Lan the man.

I wish I had a story for you, but my avitar is simply my girlfriends boobs. ;)

Back in the day I used to frequent the IRC, Undernet to be exact. I was part of a group called the "House of Lords", we each used LordXxxx as our nicknames. I chose LordRasta because I am a huge Bob Marley fan. I am neither from Jamaica nor Rastafarian but I grew up listening to his music. When I was young I met him once at the Labor Day Parade in Brooklyn.

Lan the man.

I wish I had a story for you, but my avitar is simply my girlfriends boobs. ;)

My heart bleeds for you P4 <_< .. life is sooo unfair :lol: .. keep it simple

SubFrog Posted Today, 08:39 AM

I think this thread has been done one or more times...but...

I believe it has been done a number of times.. as we say in the islands..."SO WHAT"... Ainokea .. translation... "I don't care".. just joking with you froggy.. actually if I'm having one of those day's and I spot your avatar i chuckle to myself.. kermit...hehee

LordRasta Posted Today, 10:00 AM

Back in the day I used to frequent the IRC, Undernet to be exact. I was part of a group called the "House of Lords", we each used LordXxxx as our nicknames. I chose LordRasta because I am a huge Bob Marley fan. I am neither from Jamaica or Rastafarian but I grew up listening to his music. When I was young I met him once at the Labor Day Parade in Brookl

thanks LR.. Bob Marley ROCKS !!! ...

all this just gives me insight into this community and the fact that we are alot more than just watches.. and that the world can respect everyones beliefs .. or Mana o`..... even little Green Jedi's... :lol: .... B)

My youngest daughter told me I looked like my avatar :o

To be fair I had been doing weights then had a leg operation which left me off my feet for a while, I ate the same as I did when I was training and *WOOF * instant fat git :lol:

To be fair I have lost about 2 1/2 stones since then, need to get my finger out and get back to the gym, my training partner is like the side of a house now compared with me :huh:.

Mine is of Clyde the coolest primate ever and Clint Eastwood's sidekick!!! In the photo he gives his opinion of Rolex new designs at Basel. Right turn Clyde

I believe it has been done a number of times.. as we say in the islands..."SO WHAT"... Ainokea .. translation... "I don't care".. just joking with you froggy.. actually if I'm having one of those day's and I spot your avatar i chuckle to myself.. kermit...hehee

Oh yea, I know. Ainokea!

As long as it keeps you smiling...enjoy! ;)

My pic in profile is my dog.

He is my best friend if i have bad day just laying beside him makes it all good again..

But mostly my avatar goes to my one big passion motogp racing and Valentino Rossi.

Nobody will ever come close to Rossi in Motogp, i still remeber when he was first in a race then he did a wrong overtaking giving him a 10sec penalty he hit 7gear and won by 12-14sec over capirex :D

62297855279sh5.jpg

Other pic of my dog.

1313182ey7be3.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Dani

@ Dani ... yup dogs are the coolest creatures on the planet.. unconditional to the max !!.. looks like yours just woke up in that pic and is trying to smile :lol:

@ hyster.. my ex is british.. not England's fault .. but i forget ... what is the equivalent in lbs. to a stone ??

Nobody will ever come close to Rossi in Motogp, i still remeber when he was first in a race then he did a wrong overtaking giving him a 10sec penalty he hit 7gear and won by 12-14sec over capirex :D

Phillip Island, 2003. Amazing talent.