When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Working Out With My Pam Ti

lefty47

Who knew? I have an older PAM Titanium Destro, you know, the one with the thin Crown Guard Lever. Well, it doesn't get much wrist time lately, so I decided to wear it during my morning run-nothing too strenuous, about 2-3 miles. I'm an old guy you see. I wouldn't even respond to the Age Poll the other day because you are all young enough to be my sons....but I digress.

My PAM Ti has a pretty nice rubber strap and it's hot here in the US so my wrist really was sweaty after the run. Then I recalled a TV show where there was a crusty old Navy Seal who was teaching a movie star how to dive, and the old guy was wearing a PAM with a Rubber Strap over a Sweat Band. Pretty cool look so the next day I tried it at my Health Club.

So I'm doing my usual free weight reps and the next thing I know, this attractive young lady comes up to me and says, "Nice watch." Swear to God! I tell her it's an Italian Divers Watch that was used by the Italian Navy in WWII. "Are you a diver?" she asks, and I say, "Well, I was when I was in the Navy." Big lie, but so what, my wife was on the Elyptical Machine, this was going nowhere, right. The next thing I know, she's calling her two girlfriends over to check out my watch. It was one of life's great moments. I take the watch off and show them the see through back and the movement. They are dazzled. Then I tell them that many famous women wear Panerai, e.g. Heidi Klum, Charlese Therron, Nichole Kidman, etc., and one of them actually squealed.

I wish I could tell you some torrid details to end this story, but I'm old school, and don't do that-tell, that is. All I will say is wear your PAM over a Wrist Band and go to your Health Club. You just might get lucky. You never know.

nice story... :lol:

you could of ask them if you could take some pics with them wearing your pam...like rocket did!

He had a different kinda rocket :o

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

that tv show you were watching was probably entourage, in case you need to name drop

You are correct. It was Entourage. I knew that but didn't name it in deferance to our European members who might not be hip to HBO and Ari Gold. Great show and great episide. The crusty old Navy Seal was a riot. I tried to immitate him at my Health Club. Quite a streach for an aging hippie.

Deployant or tang buckle?

Tang all the way.

Easier for a hippie to imitate a navy officer than a navy officer to imitate a hippy.

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

:blink::huh::mellow::unsure::blink::huh::mellow::unsure::blink::huh::mellow::unsure::blink::huh::mellow:

Edited by Chronus

It definitely is true that I have received many compliments on Pams from people who simply appreciate their striking designs and don't know Pateks from a bologna sandwich. My personal observation is that men tend to be particularly impressed by the 212 and 196 (guys like lots of dials) and women dig the Ti Pams (118, 177) and the Black Seal, probably because of their somewhat funky, retro designs (chicks like funky and retro).

Aww man . .

Chicks like Pams ?????

Always knew there was that one more thing about women I just couldn't find that was buried away in that strange "chick logic" of theirs . . .

Dammmmm . . . a Pam . . . I REALLY don't like Pams . . .

8^)

B

Great story im going to bring my PAM logo with rubber strap today to the gym..but which wrist band are you talking about sir ?? :D

I wear an Under Armor wrist/sweat band. White or Grey to make the watch stand out and keep the rubber strasp from sweating on my wrist.