When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EVO. Gen. next to Rep.

Homer

I don't mean to thread crap here, but the bracelet /endlink gap in porsche's pic is really bad. Are all the reps like that?

Homer, let's hear the answer!! I really thought the bling was a gen, but at second glance, the dw font does look a tiny bit thin compared to my gen CSO. But I think the fonts on my CSO are a little different from the fonts on the gen BCE. It really could be a lello dw. However i'm still convinced that the bling is fully gen. Check out my gen CSO '14' for reference. Perhaps italiano/dave can post a pic of their gens with the dw on 14

cso8.jpg

Guest porsche356a
I don't mean to thread crap here, but the bracelet /endlink gap in porsche's pic is really bad. Are all the reps like that?

thats funny, cos that is a Gen BCE on 372a Bracelet. :) The pics are from TZ. :p

BEvolutionPashaTT020.jpg

But, I guess, from what Homer is saying... The Bling IS Gen.

@ porsche

oops, color me embarrassed...or maybe Breitling should be embarrassed, such a braceelt gap!

Anyway, come on Homer, the suspense is killing us.

Guest porsche356a
@ porsche

oops, color me embarrassed...or maybe Breitling should be embarrassed, such a braceelt gap!

Actually, the tolerances of the gaps are very much uniform. The endlinks allow for the bracelet to swing 180 degrees and when they are straightened as you see in the picture, it appears as though there is a gap. :p Ingenious actually, as it flows smoothly and lays flat that way, as opposed to an SEL band which sits higher.

I'd say the bling is gen: the case lugs are more rounded at the tips than the rep (see profile pic), gold color is more consistent, tachy word is right and more accentuated than the rep, even the breitling logo on the dial is sharper, taller and well finished as the rest of the watch.

But I'm always wrong.

Cheers!

Homer, let's hear the answer!! I really thought the bling was a gen, but at second glance, the dw font does look a tiny bit thin compared to my gen CSO. But I think the fonts on my CSO are a little different from the fonts on the gen BCE. It really could be a lello dw. However i'm still convinced that the bling is fully gen. Check out my gen CSO '14' for reference. Perhaps italiano/dave can post a pic of their gens with the dw on 14

cso8.jpg

My SA on the 14th?....guess so and oddly enough,i do have a shot on the 14th,before the bling bezel was put on....not a great pic but here you go....

P3140067.JPG

hmm,another...had a couple on that day.....since you asked...

P3140077.JPG

Edited by Dave123

It's obvious that the one on the left is a rep - datewheel, v1 dial (missing "tick"), etc.

The one on the right looks better - but something about it is bugging me. I'd guess it's a v2 with a datewheel and bezel swap. The dial's not as robust (but that could be lighting and angles). But the thing that grabs me is the logo. It doesn't look like what I'm used to seeing (but then again - the big watchmakers have been known to throw minute differences in font, size, etc. so who knows)

Here's my analysis for what it's worth:

(I'm sure Homer - or someone - will let me know if I'm wrong)

Conclusion: both fake.

cso8.jpg

Rep or gen on this?

//P

• 2 weeks later...

The left is rep with the tick missing - I think the right is gen - on a rep crown the curcing of the crown is not perfectly smooth- it kind of comes straight out a bit and then curves, on the gen it smoothly curves to the crowns outermost point. Also, a gen crown has deeper more defined cut lines. So, what's the answer?

Peter thats a gen, to my knowledge it hasn't been repped, although I'd love to see it done to see how it would come out.

I've got the gen of the white face blue subdial CSO - love it!

Love that one.

Does anyone of you guys know what I have to pay for a gen in USA ?

Here in Sweden I think the price is aprox 5000$

I have no clue which one is rep; however, a TT EVO with bling bezel is not introduced by suppliers. Homer is a clever man, so this has to be a modified rep. The bling bezel is taken from a EVO rep and it has attached to a TT EVO rep. The SS parts of the bezel has changed to the plated parts from the TT one. :blush:

The real one is the one without the CZ bezel... The strap looks like similar snake that Homer has sold for Panerais. As I said, I am just guessing.

So, Homer?

I have no clue which one is rep; however, a TT EVO with bling bezel is not introduced by suppliers. Homer is a clever man, so this has to be a modified rep. The bling bezel is taken from a EVO rep and it has attached to a TT EVO rep. The SS parts of the bezel has changed to the plated parts from the TT one. :blush:

The real one is the one without the CZ bezel... The strap looks like similar snake that Homer has sold for Panerais. As I said, I am just guessing.

So, Homer?

Who cares anymore! This has gone on way too long!