When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EVO. Gen. next to Rep.

Homer

Even with 1 st. and 2nd, version reps that we know about , when they get this close

it becomes scary.

So , we have 1st and 2nd version dials, but the so subtle differences would fool many.

The extra sharpness of the engraving, the space between the anchor tangs and the , "B"

the boldness of the date font, the gold color in the sub-dial difference.

I would plumb for the bling, bling diamond bezel being Gen.

Of course I could be very, very wrong, and would not be at all surprised if they were BOTH reps.

Good to see them side by side.

both reps. the 15, 30, and 45 in the bezel are not filling out their spaces enough. other than that, really nice!!

No the "bling" is gen. The bezel has to be modified to accommodate the diamonds. Wait till jfreeman420 and Dave123 see it. They love the iced out stuff.

I had said this morning that the bling model is real and the other is fake...

Both seem to have the 'tachymetre' word extend past the 1 o'clock marker though,so now i'm not sure....

Its either the bling is gen or they are both reps and the bling has a DW mod.....

tough one,Homer,well done....

The one on the left is obvious.....thats not the question...

The question is if the bling one is gen or rep....the DW looks gen,but could be a lello....

I still think its a gen,the the tachymetre word is throwing me off now,the last 'e' is always in line with the end of the 1 o'clock marker.....wondering if Homer might be tossing out 2 reps for a teaser.....

I will still say gen....Breitling F'ed up..... :lol:

Guest porsche356a

Alright, I have been studying this all day, and heres my assessment:

Both are reps. V2/Ultimate if im not mistaken, but the bling is a franken:

1. Bling has a Gen Dial, ""TACHYMETRE" length is correct, the date window is what is a dead giveaway. the bevel around the date window on the rep is pronounced whereas the gen is much sharper and closer to the outline.

2. Case is a bit thin on the Lugs. That is the only thing that bothers me on the V2, the v1 actually had the correct heft in terms of the case size, unfortunately a gen bezel wont fit and the screw down pushers are too long. Whereas a Gen bezel will fit a v2.

3. Bling has a Gen bezel.

4. Bling has Gen hands.

Here's what the lug width should be (has the new datejust lug effect)

bce.jpg

BEvolutionPashaTT025.jpg

but, what do I know... Perhaps Homer can let the cat out of the bag? :crazy:

Alright, I have been studying this all day, and heres my assessment.

Both are reps. V2/Ultimate if im not mistaken

1. Bling has a Gen Dial, ""TACHYMETRE" is correct, the date window is what is a dead giveaway. the bevel around the date window on the rep is pronounced whereas the gen is less.

2. Case is a bit thin on the Lugs. That is the only thing that bothers me on the V2, the v1 actually had the correct heft in terms of the case size, unfortunately a gen bezel wont fit, whereas a Gen bezel will fit a v2.

3. The Hands are pretty Identical - further proof that they're both reps.

4. Bling has a Gen bezel.

Here's what the lug width should be

bce.jpg

BEvolutionPashaTT025.jpg

Interesting observations P356. One of the first things I was comparing between the two was the DW's and date windows followed by the outer edge of the dials but a gen dial swap would explain those things being correct. Kinda scare how close some of these can get.