When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Super rep

blade007

What do you think of the "oldschool" Patek rep? I would not call it a super rep as the bracelet looks nice but it could be better. However the dial is great IMO and the ETA movement works fine. Sorry for the bad pic. Actually I did not wear this watch as I always preferred my VC Overseas so it

post-12528-1212031989_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...meaning a genuine caseback from the early incarnation would not fit. That is, if you could get your hands on such a rare part. I also strongly doubt you could get your hands on the crown of a 2008 Patek Philippe aquanaut.

I was thinking maybe put the mbk caseback and crown onto the current rep if the mbk is big enough...

Also, I don't rightfully understand why so many of you are yelling "wrong date font" - I would say it's a tad too small, but I'm not going to judge until it spends 31 days on my wrist.

Same font family, different font. I've ID'd all the patek/VC/AP fonts, which are very similar, and am working on a DW overlay that functions and installs similarly to the one I made for sssurfer's 222, except w/ the patek/AP/VC fonts and sized for the 2824/36. I'm too lazy to make enough to sell but I'll gve a few away to the first few guys who ask.

I'll post pics of my gen dial/corect font/chieftang AR/rebrushed and polished Overseas as soon as it arrives back from my smith and you can see how the font looks.

What do you think of the "oldschool" Patek rep? I would not call it a super rep as the bracelet looks nice but it could be better. However the dial is great IMO and the ETA movement works fine. Sorry for the bad pic. Actually I did not wear this watch as I always preferred my VC Overseas so it

My Nautilus is a real two sided thing. On the one hand, the date aperture and date wheel do not match creating a gap. The crown is crooked (a popular issue afflicting vintage gens as well) and the power reserve rarely lasts over night unless the watch is wound manually (a daunting task with that loopy crown). However, on the other hand, it is a magnificent timepiece and probably the most comfortable in my collection. Still, the face is very inaccurate to the genuine (boxed second marker perimeter, swiss made logo, date window, etc). I feel so [censored]ing [censored] off every time I look at this watch because, it is one of my favorites, and if it were done right, the little bastard would get more wrist time. Unfortunately, because of the datewheel problems, I can only wear it when the date is set either 1,2,3,4...9 (single digits). Otherwise it is clearly too left.

I have the same problems on my short crown version. I'll buy a chinese version when one comes up although not a hell of a lot better. At least the connected hashmarks will be gone and the crown, although inaccurate to the vintage version, splits the difference between the 2, IMO. Like a few other RWGers, I passed on the $310 BIN OEM crown and $600 BIN black dial, both from late 70's pieces, which sold one the bay about six months ago. Everyone was saying how perfect the MBK nautilus's were, and I was dreading the argument I'd have to have w/ my watchsmith to get it put on. I should have looked at some pics and made up my own mind: In hindsight--$1300 for a dead accurate Patek would have been a no brainer, considering what people are paying for gen parts these days.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know of any Patek Super reps? Most reviews I have come across on this site are saying that there are very few. Anyone able to recommend me one please?

Forgive me as a newcomer here, but have any of you guys considered the Patek Gondolo 5111G?

It's not only a really accurate rep, it's cheap, too!

Here's the gen straight from the Patek site -

post-11679-1212878440_thumb.jpg

And here's the rep -

post-11679-1212878496_thumb.jpg

The back is even the same, flat with no markings, and the rep is handwind, just like the gen.

And before somebody gripes about the date font, there isn't any on either the gen or the rep.

But the logo font looks bang on and the hands are pretty good, too! Size is a little smaller, 47mm vs 47.8mm, I doubt anyone is going to notice. The rep even has the pointy "Patek Clasp" although the engraving doesn't look up to Patek standards.

It may not carry a "SuperRep" price tag, but to me it looks like a pretty good copy of the original.

I'm about to buy Andrew Nautilus Jumbo, or the Pamfried one.

Which one you prefer best? I'm thinking about Andrew, because he have the blue face version, and is a lot cheaper than Pamfried one.

Do you think they are good reps?

Thanks,

Max

• 2 weeks later...
Forgive me as a newcomer here, but have any of you guys considered the Patek Gondolo 5111G?

It's not only a really accurate rep, it's cheap, too!

Here's the gen straight from the Patek site -

post-11679-1212878440_thumb.jpg

And here's the rep -

post-11679-1212878496_thumb.jpg

The back is even the same, flat with no markings, and the rep is handwind, just like the gen.

And before somebody gripes about the date font, there isn't any on either the gen or the rep.

But the logo font looks bang on and the hands are pretty good, too! Size is a little smaller, 47mm vs 47.8mm, I doubt anyone is going to notice. The rep even has the pointy "Patek Clasp" although the engraving doesn't look up to Patek standards.

It may not carry a "SuperRep" price tag, but to me it looks like a pretty good copy of the original.

You are correct. If I may add, it would be necessary to change the strap to make it an even better copy. What you will need is a dark brown, padded alligator strap in classic (glossy) finish, and voila! Patek owners will have an even more difficult time to spot the fake because I recall that the real Gondolo is cased in polished white gold. The rep is in polished stainless steel, but because the white gold in the genuine Gondolo has a polished finish, you cannot tell the difference between that and polished stainless steel. For all the fake Patek Philippe watches available, this replica with the alligator strap would perhaps be the most accurate to the genuine.

The Nautilus and Aquanaut both have their flaws, but right now they are some of the best REPS (not just PP reps) available in terms of quality and fit and finish..

Awesome collection Corgi!! I am new to the forum and seeing as how you seem to be seasoned, where do you recommend I start my Super Rep collection? I am looking for Patek Aquanaut and a Panerai for starters.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Talking of super reps, not sure if this one deserves the rating, but with an asking price of $799 discounted to $499 you'd hope it does, not sure I can post a direct link so you'll find it by going to watchez and searching for "Phillipe-008"

CD-Patek-Phillipe-008-01.jpg

"Patek-Phillipe - NAUTILUS JUMBO - CD-Patek-Phillipe-008

AAA Swiss Patek-Phillipe - 2008 Collection "

Talking of super reps, not sure if this one deserves the rating, but with an asking price of $799 discounted to $499 you'd hope it does, not sure I can post a direct link so you'll find it by going to watchez and searching for "Phillipe-008"

CD-Patek-Phillipe-008-01.jpg

"Patek-Phillipe - NAUTILUS JUMBO - CD-Patek-Phillipe-008

AAA Swiss Patek-Phillipe - 2008 Collection "

Dude, I'd never call that a super rep, or even a good rep. The datewheel is way off. Match the datewheel size, position and font and it will be a super rep. I would pay a thousand dollars for such a watch.