When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some more 16520 parts arrived!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Laz the white dial that I have is for a 116520 - a newer version with Rolex in-house 4130 movement. Subdials are located differently so it won't fit el primero movement.

For 16520 I prefer black dial.

But I may also build a white 16520 somewhere in the future, we will see. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sql_pl

It was quiet here as I had quite a busy time recently but I have an update for you today!

My gen 78390 bracelet is here as well as 503B endlinks!

Here are some pics of it mounted to the case:

Sorry for the pic quality but it is getting dark and it is also raining here all the time.

br1ln3.jpg

br4eh3.jpg

br5ji2.jpg

br3px9.jpg

br2lx7.jpg

br6zn9.jpg

It is a 13 year old bracelet but with almost no signs of use. Perfect condition.

It is light and rattles like hell but that's how it should be in 16520 before A series!

I know I am crazy but I will definately wear it around house tonight even without movement inside :) :) :)

So to sum up - almost all parts are here - I actually already have all parts that are neccesary to build it but I am awaiting some small parts to be an icing on the cake :) They should be here in 10 days. After that it will all be assmebled and I will flood you with gazillion pics :)

Thanks!

Guest carlsbadrolex

When a watch is entirely gen except for the movement, can it even still be called a Franken??? This is without a doubt the most detailed and complete project Rolex Ive ever seen.

I cant even begin to guess what you have invested in this thing!

Congrats!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sql_pl

An update.

I am still waiting for the parts that finally arrived at my seller's place.

The thing is he does not want to accept PayPal and my primary bank account does not allow overseas wires....

If there is a person in US that is willing to help me with that payment so I can transfer money via PayPal to his account so he can then forward it via us wire transfer to the guy I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Guest Mr Jones
An update.

I am still waiting for the parts that finally arrived at my seller's place.

The thing is he does not want to accept PayPal and my primary bank account does not allow overseas wires....

If there is a person in US that is willing to help me with that payment so I can transfer money via PayPal to his account so he can then forward it via us wire transfer to the guy I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Is this any of this new McDonalds banks ?? If you know account number and SWIFT of your seller account 95% banks can do transfer, I don't know which bank can't make TT transfer outside EU [this is not early 90years] ?! I can help you from Ireland, German and Millenium bank if you want, just send PM with landline phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sql_pl

Soo after 4 months I already have all the parts here!

Bad thing is that k2222's watchmaker who agreed to take care of the assembling job suddenly said he does not want to do it.

So I am afraid it might be a problem.

I have a watchsmith here but I am not sure if I can trust him enough and if he'd be adventurous enough to go for it.

Will try to talk to him tomorrow.

If I fail to talk him into trying do any of you have a good watchsmith that is EU located who could try to do it for me?

Thanks!