When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB from Watchmark--Updated w/ PICS

jot9011

Mickey, there is a grain, my pics, dont show that very well. The boxes alternate vertical grain with horizontal grain. I think you are right about the variations.

Well as the grain is there, then that is even better! B)

Sometimes is can be hard to pick up on the small details on the dial. Using a flash or natural light can help, but a flash can also show a watch in a very unflattering way...

How about the obligatory wrist shot? :p

PS: Please feel free to PM me those other photos ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice watch. But the issue with the second factory HBB is the carbon fiber dial. If you take a look at the dial it does not have the textured line running across the little squares. The original factory HBB dials has that. It also seems that the non-textured CF dial is more for the Luna Rosa model.

Not true....there IS a texture on the CF dial...It may however be more subtle than the first factory version.....Worth $800?

Well the question is does it come with screw-down crown or pull-out crown. It would be cheap if it

comes with pull-out crown and i would buy one myself.

can someone comment on that?

Also it listed the Dimension: 48mm x 14mm

The sales ect aside what i would like to know (having worked with carbonfibre) is how to get recessed subdials with concentric circles into the dial and still keep the grain to the top over the rest of it, not a critisism or any thing like that no agenda, i would just like to know how they do it, i am assuming it must be in the vacume molding process, just cant work out how they stop the grain coming through????

Regarding the dimension it is 44,5, like any other. As it is not round shaped, it depends how you measure it.

I'm also wondering if it has stickers or if it's engraved.

When I saw it first, I was just wondering if it was not the V1 with a reduced price.

Actually it is maybe something else : look at the knurled bezel, it looks wrong (flat)

post-4381-1209547909_thumb.jpg

It is not clear yet how's Watchmark's V2 bezel. The pictures are not sharp enough. I hope I'll be able to confirm it today (watch "in transit" since yesterday, i.e. I feel like our national post employees don't like to work the day before May 1st... <_< )

Otherwise, I now have a small preference for the low beat movement : there is a regulator (even if not working), thicker datefont and the screw where the rotor attaches is more like the gen (smooth). I know, these are details :)

But it's interesting to compare the different versions on the market.

Hi,

just got the delivery. I'll open a thread tonight for detailed comparisons with my lite version, which I recognize to be the same as the "plain" version but without AR, an other movement and an other bezel.

Basically it is extremely close to my version. There is IMO only one major difference : the strap is very soft, against mine being quite stiff. It does not seem to attract dust like the cheap ones however. I'll confirm this later.

This softness might have one advantage : the clasp does not dig in your wrist like the other one (you know this is a known "flaw"). So it's more comfortable.

If you are disturbed by this, I can get the stiff version from Watchmark or Angus.

The bezel is correct. I need macroshots however to see the pattern. I'll check later if it is ceramic or not.

And I confirm what jot already described : it's a normal crown (push-in, not screw down).

The AR is light, but it's here. It's far better than one I got on the lite version initially (i.e. no AR). But not as good as J's AR ;)

Keep in touch...

post-4381-1209554312_thumb.jpg

@Pix - it is a very beautiful watch. I really like to RoseGold/Ceramic combination. Did you get it from WatchMark?

How does one order from Watchmark these day? directly from his website?

can't wait to see your confirmation on the Ceramic bezel and the comparison.

Yes, from Watchmark. You can use both I suppose, the problem being the payment methods. Last order I had to pay by CC, as I refuse to use WU. No PP and no MB for now due to frozen accounts... (you know that happens). :o

I personally prefer to email Watchmark, I am from the "old school", where I want to know that the seller has got my order :)

I also found his EMs fees to be more advantageous (an other 10 dollars you can gain per shipment).