When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB from Watchmark--Updated w/ PICS

jot9011

Just got my RG/Ceramic HBB from one of our apprentice dealers Mark. I have been holding back from getting one of these watches although it is one of my favorites, due to the unwarranted high prices.

I opted for the 21.6K version. There has been recent discussions regarding this movement, which is felt to be ok, as per the master, so I decided to to take the plunge.

The Dealer: All I can say is Mark is excellent. Answered all of my questions quickly and thoroughly. Lightening fast delivery!! I ordered the watch on 4/11 and received the watch today. The watch itself came well packaged, a round box with a watch pillow, inside of a larger box, inside of a larger box. I was like a kid at christmas. The anticipation of getting through all that packing was intense.

The watch itself is beautiful:

1. The bezel is real ceramic

2. The AR is great, as comparable to the 28.8K version

3. The "engraved" rotor with more open appearance like the GEN.

4. And surprise! The crown is "push in" not the screw down type (? maybe a newer version from the second factory)

The Deal: $425 shipped!!!--compared to $1200 from other dealers.

I know I sound like a WatchMark shill, but why would you pay an additional $700 for a 28.8K movement?

I could not be happier with the watch. Thanks again Mark!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great to hear this info just in the moment when I am broke! :lol: ...with no $ in my pocket...this is really a great opportunity to own a wonderful rep at a fair price (especially if compared to the prices other dealers are offering it)...

I am looking forward to see pics...

First Blow...

hi

can you please confirm the movement is 28,800

...also can you provide a link to the watch you got?

I am pretty sure he said it was a 21.6K version......

Second Blow [knock-out punch]...

I went on watchmark's site and there was no such watch listed at that price...

http://www.timeshops.net/Big_Bang_(RG_Cera...0_1137-4736.htm

Tada! :lol:

Now listed at $405 too, what a steal! B)

Geesssh Corgi...

Mickey's kicking your ass...

What's up with the reading glasses boy...

:animal_rooster:

Double T

The watch is definitely 21.6K. But overall aesthetically more accurate than the 28.8.K. The 21.6K case back , however, does not have all of the engraving that the GEN has . (ie "Titanium" and "Gold 750 Ceramic" engraving). At least mine does not, but hardly a deal breaker.

Ha ha... I've been very very busy with work and I'm exhausted to the max

The only thing keeping me from getting this is the old asian 7750 movement is said to be extremely unreliable.

Not any more so than the newer high beat 7750, at least that is what The Zigmeister says....

Both 7750's should run like champs after a service, that was the general consensus B)

Hi,

thx for the feedback.

I have ordered the RG version and will post comparison shots with my lite version. I'm anyway pretty sure that all these things are comparable, probably compatible.

If it's real ceramic, then you just confirm that the high pricing due to ceramic is nothing else but... a scam ?

Ok, my camera has returned from the GF outing with her hot friends. Wish I could post some of those pics here....(woah), but as promised, here are some pics of my HBB from Mark.

How does it compare to the high beat watch sold by many dealers for $1200+? .....You decide.

Here is the 21.6K version, most easily recognized by the bolder date font...and by how the sound differs from a 28.8K.

The knurled edge bezel is REAL ceramic...not PVD like the light versions from other dealers.

dscn1276jq2.jpg

Carbon fiber dial. I can't tell if this one is different from the GEN and 28.8K; Looks to me like the lines in the squares are more uniform than the other two....but you would need a loupe to tell.

dscn1273xu1.jpg

The rotor is engraved...not as sharply as the GEN, but a helluva improvement over the CroOkEd stickers waiting to fall into the movement on the high beat watch. Like I said, mine does not have all the engraving on the case back...but some pics on Mark's website show this watch with it / some don't

dscn1261oh5.jpg

The crown is push in....true to the GEN ...earlier versions had a screw down crown, but looks like that has been corrected

dscn1279hd3.jpg

This is my best attempt at an AR shot. Taken in my bathroom, where the lighting is the best. Doesn't do the crystal justice though. The dial really POPs when outdoor lighting hits it. The AR IMO is close to but that on the SFSO....but no where near Chief's & K222's

dscn1257qy0.jpg

The deployant clasp is all gold-plated, unlike the 28.8K version with PVD. I am not sure which is more correct; however most of the photos I have seen of the real-deal are all gold.

dscn1282cu8.jpg

Some members are hesitant to buy this beauty, due to the low beat movement problems in the past. But as stated before, by The Zigmeister, if properly serviced, should last a long time..... or replace the movement when it fails

That is a hell of a lot of watch for $420 or so, especially when compared to the other, more expensive version available :)

Thanks very much for the pictures, the first I have seen of this watch on the forums from a buyer ^_^

The only thing I would add is that the CF dial should maybe have a grain to it I think, but I am not 100% sure if they all should or not. There are so many variations of the gen...

Congratulation on a sweet watch, the AR'ed ceramic HBB has just become a lot more affordable B)

EDIT: Also the movement itself looks more accurate, with the regulator, rotor and general finish etc....

The only thing I would add is that the CF dial should maybe have a grain to it I think, but I am not 100% sure if they all should or not. There are so many variations of the gen...

Mickey, there is a grain, my pics, dont show that very well. The boxes alternate vertical grain with horizontal grain. I think you are right about the variations.

Here is one that, has less grain:

bigbanghrni6pc0.jpg

Nice watch. But the issue with the second factory HBB is the carbon fiber dial. If you take a look at the dial it does not have the textured line running across the little squares. The original factory HBB dials has that. It also seems that the non-textured CF dial is more for the Luna Rosa model.

hublot_bigbang_301_sb_131_rx_02c.jpg