When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone buy anything from watchmark lately? RE: Frozen payments

wj94

After seeing the pictures of the rose gold/ceramic HBB for $425 I decided to go ahead and buy one. I got an email from him last week saying it had already been posted to EMS with a tracking number. Then the next day I get an email saying the bank I sent money to froze his account and he would send me a refund, then I could order the watch again. Figuring this would take no more than a day or two I said ok (even though it was supposedly already posted to EMS), then I get an email today saying it would take 20 days to get my refund.

:o

I really don't want to wait 20 days + the shipping time to get this watch. I contacted him to ask what the deal is but haven't heard back yet (granted it's only been a few hours). This is going to be severely disappointing if that's the case. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I think this collector is geared more toward the EU market.. which is a good thing.. members in EU need a Collector who can cater to their customs issues and logistics in getting their merchandise in a timely manner..

it took 2 weeks to get my order out.. nd this was after difficulties with the payment... I was told that my payment was rejected 3 times... when in reality it was the collectors processing that was the problem.. then I was told the watch would be sent out.. after numerous emails which were not answered.. my watch was shipped out about a week after the said date..and looking at the quality of the product I would say it is high for the US Dollar but very good for the Euro..

I would say this collector is still in the process of learning what to do and what not to do.. like any business I'm sure he will work it out..

but it should not be your responsibility to have to wait a good part of a month for money that is yours to begin with ... maybe check with him again.. as I have found what he say's and does are two different things.. not wit a negative or deceitful intent... maybe try reasoning with him that you are not a entity that can have money tied up for a month..

Good Luck

lanikai are you mixing up watchmark with eurotimez?

Negative ... I ordered from both .. had issues (not personal).. with both parcels.. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for their "apprentice" status .. hope they work out the glitches... i'm sure they will..

Actually Lani Eroutimes is the collector based in Thailand who is geared up for Europe, Watchmark is based in Gaungzhou and sells everywhere like other collectors.

A question for the OP...Why did your bank freeze his account, was it something you wrote on the payment?

Unfortunately when we talk of frozen PP accounts it is fortunate that you get a refund at all let alone a 20 day wait.

Ken

It wasn't a paypal payment, I paid with a Visa card. He said his bank froze his account and all payments to him (so I'm not sure how he's refunding me, but he said I'll have it within 20 days). This is the email I just got from him:

dear David

your watch already sent out.. but i take back from post office already.

because my bank account already frozed.. i need refund full payment to you. and you need pay again to my new bank account.

i will resend to you after your payment received.

regards

mark

Guest carlsbadrolex

Yeah, Im gonna go with FISHY for $200...

DING DING DING, I WON!!!

Sent package... got it back...

acount frozen... going to get a refund in 20 days... but your free to pay again?

Seemed a little fishy to me too, that's why I asked if anyone else had this experience. I didn't have $430 burning a hole in my pocket so badly that I wanted to let someone in China hold onto it for a month for no reason. Not a good first experience to say the least.

Edited by wj94

Watchmark I am fed up of hearing that "He is new and learning" He is not new! He has to my knowledge been doing this for 2 years He is the same person as Seikomark/Markzhie on ioffer and all the other auction boards only difference is he says he is based in SG on these boards. Incidentally his account seikomark was suspended by ioffer I don't know why could be any number of reasons not only for complaints from customers. So please stop making excuses he is new and learning

This is getting pretty ridiculous. He basically said I have the choice of sending another $430 now if I want the watch shipped immediately (i.e. I'm out $860 for a $430 watch until I get a refund 3 weeks from now) or waiting the 3 weeks while my money is frozen halfway around the world and then re-ordering. Why in the world would I want to order from him again if there is a chance the same thing could happen???? What do you all think is a fair resolution here?

hi every one. now my web site payment system already back to normal... because my bank have credit card risk control. my bank temporary frozed all credit card user of my credit card agency.. i am very luck.... only 2 buyer money temporary frozed... my bank agency advice me refund that 2 buyer money. and ask me to tell my buyer do remake payment again. because my bank agency already change to another new bank account for redit card payment. now every thing is ok.. evry thing back to normal already... don't worry... all package which sent out will be reach buyer ... only 2 package i need refund to my buyer and my buyer need remake payment after refund received. my bank agency tell me the refund processing time is 20 days.. i also don't understand why so long time...

i don't understand why a small thing make so big... i am not a bad seller.... if you want watch i will post to you now... OK ! this is my unluck due to my bank processing credit card risk control. .i will lose 1 watch and 430USD. no problem... if you happy i will send HBB to you NOW.

i understand you as a buyer ..you have no mistake for this .. you have paid and i should send watch to you.. i can not say any thing. the only i want say is COULD YOU HELP ME take money out from bank?? i need you help...

i will send your watch to you now. if you don't want help me. it's ok... my unluck..i will lose one watch and 430USD. you will still get your watch.. ok??

Edited by watchmark

Watchmark I am fed up of hearing that "He is new and learning" He is not new! He has to my knowledge been doing this for 2 years He is the same person as Seikomark/Markzhie on ioffer and all the other auction boards only difference is he says he is based in SG on these boards. Incidentally his account seikomark was suspended by ioffer I don't know why could be any number of reasons not only for complaints from customers. So please stop making excuses he is new and learning

hello

every seller is learning. even i do business 2 years until now.. i still learning... i need learning from every buyer and every seller. my account seikomark suspended.. yes.. it's true.. because i selling replica watch. bubbery company complain to ioffer suspended my account.. what do you thinking??

and also this is true i am new fresh man in RWG... please advice

Seemed a little fishy to me too, that's why I asked if anyone else had this experience. I didn't have $430 burning a hole in my pocket so badly that I wanted to let someone in China hold onto it for a month for no reason. Not a good first experience to say the least.

hi friend

i think you missunderstand. i want to deal with this buyer..i just give he advice to help me .. because bank processing credit card risk control... i can not get my money out from bank account. so i advice refund to this buyer first. then this buyer can remake payment after refund received.

i am good seller. i want to do more business with west friend. i believe esty and credit is the base of society 。。

Edited by watchmark

Good looking out watchmark. I would say that is about as good as it gets. I am sure the buyer will stand behind his word, as you have said you would do the same.

Unlucky you. Send me a free one. Bad luck comes in 3's don't you know and you are one behind. lol I kid, I kid, unless you are going to do it.

Hi Folks,

I' like the chime in, to give a balanced opinion.

I have paid 3 watches to Watchmark last week by credit card without problem. That was the first time for me. I can't imagine nor agree with those who say that he wants money for free : do you think a board dealer would be that stupid ? He may get a few bucks, for sure, before loosing all what has been built before. That's plain nonsense and I would say it's the result of unlucky situations and accumulation of bad communication.

What annoys me recently is that I can't pay Mark by PP or MB anymore : all accounts are regularly frozen... And this has nothing to do with him, but with buyers filling complaints all the time. We all know that complaints are legitimate and protect us when the goods are not shipped or when we are delivered with something else as advertized. But they are abusive (an easy step for people always in a hurry or don't want to discuss things) when buyers complain for goods not being delivered fast enough, a missing this or that... We all know these stories of broken springbars which end in a paypal complaint. Or those mentioning "Cartier Replica" in the payment object :mellow:

I definitely leave the benefice of the doubt to Watchmark, and would continue let him show he is there to sell us reps at better rates than those dealers so many of us complain about, not to steal our money in a dumb manner.

Maybe I'm lucky but... I've been buying from him succesfully and without surprise nor defective goods for 8 monthes. And those frozen things happened very recently... right after Mark has been a regular dealer here. Draw your own conclusions. We have lived such situations in the past too. With very good dealers. There are dealers we never hear of, but those making the situation improve (understand, following their way and proposing something different, including lower prices) are automatically treated as if they were the worst persons around. As if they were behaving in a suspicious way.

I have had bad experiences with Silix, Andrew, Sashwatch (turned scammer), not a single one with Mark. Nor with Joshua, River or Ruby I must say. But statistically I bought 10 times more from Mark...

Don't forget to name the "trusted" dealers when you're not happy. Not only the new ones. <_< BTW, Mark is not an apprentice anymore ;) But surely still has a lot to learn. As we do.

@RobJ : speaking about his accounts on iOffer, I suppose you had a look at his ratings (as Seikomark and Markzhai), and maybe at his other accounts on CQout. They are all more than good. If his account(s) were suspended, there are other reasons behind I believe.

I remember I have focused on these before I asked Mark if he would be interested in serving some "rep geeks" on this very board. I would never had done it otherwise. But of course, I'm not the reference here. And sometimes I make mistakes. But I'm sure that wasn't one.

I have many Paypal accounts personally : not because I'm scamming anyone, but because creating a new account when you have to insure the continuity of your business is easier than waiting for the "legal dpt" of PP or all these nice chaps from ebay, ioffer or cqout to support you... We all know them.

After seeing the pictures of the rose gold/ceramic HBB for $425 I decided to go ahead and buy one. I got an email from him last week saying it had already been posted to EMS with a tracking number. Then the next day I get an email saying the bank I sent money to froze his account and he would send me a refund, then I could order the watch again. Figuring this would take no more than a day or two I said ok (even though it was supposedly already posted to EMS), then I get an email today saying it would take 20 days to get my refund.

:o

I really don't want to wait 20 days + the shipping time to get this watch. I contacted him to ask what the deal is but haven't heard back yet (granted it's only been a few hours). This is going to be severely disappointing if that's the case. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Dear WJ94

I will repost HBB to you again tomomrrow. now my web site credit card payment already OK. every thing back to normal ..... every thing OK now

and i hope i can take out your money from bank... i really unluck and luck.

unluck for i have money frozed. luck for i only have 2 buyer money frozed... i hear from my agency of bank tell me .. there have many another seller frozed lot of money in they account.

all in all. this is my side problem.. not your problem.. i am sorry tell you that bank accont frozed.. i have no choose..

now i think i can lose money and watch.. but i don't want lose you.. i don't want lose my buyer.. this is most inportant for me. and more inportant than money...

regards

mark

I received an email from Mark saying he would post the watch again tomorrow. I have assured him that I have every intention of paying for this watch and as a salesman myself, would never try to rip someone off like that. As stated, I will gladly send another payment upon receiving the refund, or if he can work it out with his bank to unfreeze the payment and process it would be ok with me too. I do think it is very generous of him to agree to send out the watch without payment yet, but please rest easy in knowing that I am a man of my word (I know this has little bearing on the internet, but I am) and will gladly send another payment upon refund of the original one. Thanks Mark, and I look forward to doing business with you in the future if we can work this out in a positive manner. Still a great price for a great watch.

...I have assured him that I have every intention of paying for this watch and as a salesman myself, would never try to rip someone off like that. ...I do think it is very generous of him to agree to send out the watch without payment yet, but please rest easy in knowing that I am a man of my word (I know this has little bearing on the internet, but I am)

You ALREADY PAID. If he has problems with his bank that is not YOUR problem. If it was me I would have insisted that he send the watch or I would have initiated a chargeback with Visa. So in my opinion he is doing exactly what he should be doing - shipping merchandise that has already been paid for.

It is my opinion that many dealers here are called "great" when they are somewhat substandard. They may be "great" relative to others in their field, but if someone ever comes along and gives what would generally be considered superior service in the United States - a good warranty, competitive pricing, quality control performed by dealer and NOT the customer, a big inventory to allow immediate shipping, and responsive communications (all emails answered in less than 24 hours), THAT dealer is going to clean the clocks of all the others.

THAT dealer does not exist... ^_^

You'll learn that after you tried every single trusted dealer here...

This is an illegal business...after all.

An other thing : initiating immediate chargebacks or filling PP claims is exactly what brings a dealer to see his accounts frozen...

That should be the ultimate step. Not the first.