When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Bang King!

giorgio

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is actually more accurate to offer the rep with a mod 7750. Be on the look out for the BBK lite with a 21J in it for half the price but still twice the price of any other 21J. Plated white gold is interesting though.

I know what you mean. It is the same as the Chopard watch, one with 7750, the other a basic Asian 21J movement. The cheap version had that backwards crown lettering (ailgim), I always wondered why they never fixed that....

As this has a solid case back, a cheaper version would be cool, but I doubt it will happen, due to the white gold plating etc......

Anyone else remember the new Rolex Yachtmaster replica? Said to be white gold plated with an Asia 2892 inside and it cost upwards of $500, hardly cheap....

I await the price of this new rep with interest B)

Yes though if they came out with a lite version with a A21J, it would probably be SS, not WG, ala PVD vs Ceremic.

That is true, but would they risk hurting the sales of the more expensive watch by releasing a "lite" one? If they did they would have to remove the AR too, otherwise it would be the same watch to look at more or less, unless you removed the case back...

The gen is a white gold watch ..... Plating it with white gold is getting it closer it terms of looks. The gen is also using 7750. This replica is made with the goal to achieve complete interchangeability like the Chopard GTXL Chrono..

The use of 7750 is technically necessary for the size of the watch and the date location.. Watch makers dun need anyone to remind them that there are readily avail eta movts .. 3 needles with date.. Do they ? It is because it cannot be used due to the size of the watch .....For this watch, like the chopard GT XL, the date have to move further outwards... As watches of different makes gets bigger.. more watches will be using this concept of modded 7750 to achieve it.

Comparing the diameter and thickness of Swiss Eta 3 needle movt....such as the 2892, 2893 ( favourite calibres amongst gens - the most smooth and almost silent winding calibre ) .. 7750 is the biggest readily avail calibre to allow such mods.. it has the ability to house in more robust centre wheels to support a long/heavier sec needle hand.

Have a look at a Chopard GT Genuine watch .. The sec hand sweep is jerky.. Same goes for the 46.2mm Big Pilot first series 21600bph.. the sec hand is even more jerky .. the sec hand is too long ..gravity forces.. That does not stop these watches getting very popular in the Gen circle.. especially the Big Pilot....In fact the 21600bph in the used market is trading higher than the latter 28800bph versions !!! So dun expect such watches to sweep like a Rolex datejust which is 37mm only. Time has changed.. The smoothness of the sweep is neglected or compromised these days against the need for asthetics requirement, Bigger size in Watch Design these days.

Thanks

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

I have had many of the A7750 fully serviced by Ziggy and after servicing the A7750 runs spot on .. Ziggy said once that +20 was the best he has done.. well he has perfected the servicing of this movement then.. my BCE graphite and 06 CD .. have not had to be reset in weeks.. actually over 2 months now.. and the rotor ... i can no longer hear or feel it..

with this model i think i can swap out the engraved rotor with my ceramic model with display back ... why are certain collectors targeted for what would appear "negative marketing" on a consistent basis ?? .. i'm sure all collectors have reps that are not up to high quality standards ..

my approach is rather simplistic.. if i don't like something .. i don't buy it... if I have a question about a certain item .. I go directly to the source for the answer .. conjecture and heresay would seem like guess work..

just my 2 cents..

robertk Posted Today, 03:27 PM

Thanks Josh, Very informative. I have several non-chrono's with 7750's and the "jerkiness" doesn't bother me.........maybe because I don't stare at the second hand.

gotta remember that when I'm driving.. :lol:

Thanks for the input Joshua, much appreciated :)

If complete interchangeability is the goal, was a genuine purchased like with the other 1:1 replicas?

The new Chopard GTXL was an awsome replica, probably the best of 2008 so far. So will this replica have the same build quality and 99.99% accuracy, like the Chopard does?

Cheers! B)

The gen is a white gold watch ..... Plating it with white gold is getting it closer it terms of looks.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. The gen is actually Palladium (as Balosch mentioned), so unless you're plating your Gold with Palladium (which you're probably not) then it would be closer (not to mention far cheaper) just to use polished S/S with a nickel plating which is probably what you'll be doing anyway (without the gold).

This replica is made with the goal to achieve complete interchangeability
So you will be using a genuine Eta 7750 in this watch? By interchangeability, do you mean that all genuine parts will fit this watch and vice versa? The gen is $30K - is interchangeability really that important? Did you guys purchase a gen to replicate?

The use of 7750 is technically necessary for the size of the watch and the date location..
Isn't the dial on this watch and the date location almost identical to that of the B&R BR01-92 (please don't jump in and tell me the B&R is 46mm while this is 48mm) which gets better results from the 2892? The 2892 has a smoother sweep, and is quieter) AFAIK, The only reason the gen BBK uses a 7750 is because they make 7750 copies in house at Hublot now.

2892 has a smoother sweep, but upon looking at both movements, the datewheel on the 2892 is 2.5mm closer to the center of the dial than the 7750.

Okay. I don't have a genuine B&R (or a BBK for that matter), so I wasn't sure. I scaled both images in PSP and overlaid the B&R ono the BBK and they pretty much lined up. Obviously this method is not accurate to within a millimetres. SO maybe a 7750 is necessary then?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The gen is actually Palladium (as Balosch mentioned), so unless you\'re plating your Gold with Palladium (which you\'re probably not) then it would be closer (not to mention far cheaper) just to use polished S/S with a nickel plating which is probably what you\'ll be doing anyway (without the gold).So you will be using a genuine Eta 7750 in this watch? By interchangeability, do you mean that all genuine parts will fit this watch and vice versa? The gen is $30K - is interchangeability really that important? Did you guys purchase a gen to replicate?Isn\'t the dial on this watch and the date location almost identical to that of the B&R BR01-92 (please don\'t jump in and tell me the B&R is 46mm while this is 48mm) which gets better results from the 2892? The 2892 has a smoother sweep, and is quieter) The only reason the gen BBK uses a 7750 is because they make 7750 copies in house at Hublot now.

Cheap version of BBK is already available, so if you don't want this version, go with cheap one. I really see no point in complaining when "makers" decide to make accurate rep, and insisting that they make less accurate, because you think they could use cheaper movement ?

And, since B&R 01-92 does not have date in any version, last remark is kind of pointless, don't you think.

regards

Cheap version of BBK is already available, so if you don't want this version, go with cheap one. I really see no point in complaining when "makers" decide to make accurate rep, and insisting that they make less accurate, because you think they could use cheaper movement ?

And, since B&R 01-92 does not have date in any version, last remark is kind of pointless, don't you think.

regards

Oops, I meant 97, sorry about that, But I've already seceded the point about the date to -O

I was neither complaining, nor insisting that they make a less accurate rep. I simply stated that the genuine BBK is in fact Palladium, and not white gold (which is gold plated with Nickel, Rhodium, Platinum, or Palladium), so plating the watch with gold would actually be inaccurate.. Thank you kindly for your input.