When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My DSN Experience

UncleJay

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you expect him to meet up with you???????????????????????

LOL

I'm originally from HK. Though I don't know who he is, I know where these dealers sell their watches (in a place called Mongkok). You tell them what you want, either they bring it to you or lead you to their store room where you can choose all you want.

I'm originally from HK. Though I don't know who he is, I know where these dealers sell their watches (in a place called Mongkok). You tell them what you want, either they bring it to you or lead you to their store room where you can choose all you want.

Try your luck mate if you think DSN is sitting in Mongkok.

If you know HK well, all those selling on the street or backyard stores are super low-end junks.

Try your luck mate if you think DSN is sitting in Mongkok.

If you know HK well, all those selling on the street or backyard stores are super low-end junks.

Really? Well, that I'm not so sure, because I've seen watches ranging from absolute garbage to excellent replica; it's all hit or miss. Few years ago, I went there and saw what would be considered a high-end omega speedmaster replica; the only obvious flaw (visually) is with the subdials being too far apart from each other.

I have the feeling that these dealers are charging a lot more (at least 2x) by selling online to overseas customers; that's why I'd prefer to wait a bit longer and go buy watches directly in either HK or Guangzhou. It's safer when you can physically inspect the watch.

By the way, are you from HK? :)

I haven't been back for a few years already; don't know how the scene is like nowadays.

Edited by JCYL

The good reps are in Guangzhou & not even in Shenzhen. yea... you can find these dealers in Hong Kong very easily..Just last week I bumped into Josh in CausewayBay. I took a pic of Josh's car.

100% Franken with aftermarket parts.

Ferrari_360_Modena.jpg

:p

u mean the ferrari is 100% Franken with aftermarket parts??? sorry for being a noob, does Franken mean building from scratch with genuine parts and rep parts?

Yea right.. you will find DSN in the streets..

Btw, I'm on my 3rd order from him right now and so far so good. He improved his communication a lot ! Sending picture of your order before shipping asking if it's ok (like Ruby do).

i obviously didn't mean finding him in the streets; what i meant was to get his contacts in HK so i can buy from him directly. i hate the hassles of sending watches back and forth as well as the potential problems with the customs.

• 2 weeks later...

DSN is the worst. He has never, ever sent one watch to me that was right. I have got POS remnant dials with crooked fonts, wrong lumes, stripped threads, and even different watches than the pre-ship pictures he sends in advance. I even waited 3 months for a replacement dial once based on one of his mistakes. And thank God I never had a customs problem since he is the only dealer that makes you eat half that even if it is on his end. Why anyone would buy from him anymore is beyond me. You gotta really love PAMs, but even then, the quality is so hit or miss why have something more visually accurate if it can't pass the feel test or if you need spring bars because of bad threads? Davidsen sucks.

FWIW and that's not much as I'm a noob. I just got my first rep from him today. His communication was good, his shipping was super fast. It shipped tuesday and arrived saturday. Unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for it. Got it today. Works great, no blems. My only complaint is that it seems the lume is pretty weak. Just throwing my experience into the ring.

DSN is the worst. He has never, ever sent one watch to me that was right. I have got POS remnant dials with crooked fonts, wrong lumes, stripped threads, and even different watches than the pre-ship pictures he sends in advance. I even waited 3 months for a replacement dial once based on one of his mistakes. And thank God I never had a customs problem since he is the only dealer that makes you eat half that even if it is on his end. Why anyone would buy from him anymore is beyond me. You gotta really love PAMs, but even then, the quality is so hit or miss why have something more visually accurate if it can't pass the feel test or if you need spring bars because of bad threads? Davidsen sucks.

I completely agree. I have had nothing but rubbish from DSN and I cannot begin to understand how he has any customers at all. His product is complete tripe, his service is woeful and his manners are the pits altogether. The only thing that sets him apart from the rest is that his stuff is different, but in the main that is a bad thing.

Guest pamfried

The thing is some dealers forces a sale.

They'll promise you a perfect product when they KNOW they dont have it on hand yet. But they'll 'rectify' after you received the POS.

They know how the forums work------- I screwed up, they'll complain. But when i DO rectify the problems, they'll pat me on my back clapping that i ALWAYS come through.

Thats why they dont give a damn when you receive a watch full of problems in the first place.

Edited by pamfried

I completely agree. I have had nothing but rubbish from DSN and I cannot begin to understand how he has any customers at all. His product is complete tripe, his service is woeful and his manners are the pits altogether. The only thing that sets him apart from the rest is that his stuff is different, but in the main that is a bad thing.

Well, I am the complete opposite - never had a problem with DSN , service is always excellent , have never had a watch that needed to be returned however I haven't bought a complete watch from him for over 18 months.

I tend to buy parts only now and find him hard to beat for this service -

His latest 2.0mm spring loaded crowns are almost 1:1 with gen

44mm custom sapphire is in a class of it's own ...along with gen

C3 hands are the closest to gen I have seen and easier than sending rep hands for a re-lume

Still stand by his 1st edition T-SWISS-T dials and his PAM 40 dial as some of the best ever 44m rep dials

Pre-A OP6500 and D series OP 6520 casebacks are pretty much 1:1 engraving , Pre-V case backs - well DSN is the only option on these and they are OK not perfect but good enough.

New 7750 correct font DW - no problems on these so far and a tad cheaper than Lello

Case gaskets , crown gaskets , replacement crown tubes , CG screws , case clamps and screws

I pity anyone who has had a bad experience and/or lost money with DSN ....but I guess so far I have been one of the lucky few.

Best

FGD

Well, I am the complete opposite - never had a problem with DSN , service is always excellent , have never had a watch that needed to be returned however I haven't bought a complete watch from him for over 18 months.

I tend to buy parts only now and find him hard to beat for this service -

His latest 2.0mm spring loaded crowns are almost 1:1 with gen

44mm custom sapphire is in a class of it's own ...along with gen

C3 hands are the closest to gen I have seen and easier than sending rep hands for a re-lume

Still stand by his 1st edition T-SWISS-T dials and his PAM 40 dial as some of the best ever 44m rep dials

Pre-A OP6500 and D series OP 6520 casebacks are pretty much 1:1 engraving , Pre-V case backs - well DSN is the only option on these and they are OK not perfect but good enough.

New 7750 correct font DW - no problems on these so far and a tad cheaper than Lello

Case gaskets , crown gaskets , replacement crown tubes , CG screws , case clamps and screws

I pity anyone who has had a bad experience and/or lost money with DSN ....but I guess so far I have been one of the lucky few.

Best

FGD

Pretty much similar thoughts and experience. One has to remember that DSN is pretty much alone there in his quest, he doesn't deal with mainstream rep manufacturers and distributors and tends to use diferent case/dials/parts makers. He is just different, and his stuff will always be different, sometimes better sometimes worse compared to 'mainstream' reps and in respect to closeness with gens. Many times he will be at a financial loss, as the minimum case production runs with his maker is 500+ pieces for example. When the case doesn't turn out good like his first ver of pre-V 5218/20X earlier this year, it's him who's taking the brunt.

At least he is the one willing to make it right, and always listening for suggestions. I know he's not big on PMs and email replies, but rest assured he takes it all in for considerations, and time, resources and money permitting, he will try to push the envelope further.

There were many unsatisfied cistomers of his but on the other side many very satisfied. Using blanket statements against or pro him and his business is just not the best way to address any issues one has with his service or quality of work.

To name the few just as FGD above did...001/004A+B T-dial from 2005, 1st and 3rd gen Fiddy sapphire xtal with correct distorsion "break" like and lesser purple/blue AR hue, Fiddy hands, PAM232 Rad hands (short Fiddy hands), Luminor hands in general, 232 Rad dial V2, RXW case replicas, vintage dials, domed plexis, latest crowns for 44mm Luminors, updated 7750 DWs with thicker font, PAM10D Base dial V1, PAM10D caseback with 1:1 numbering/milesimation, latest non-A/R sapphire for pre-V, pre-A and A-C series 44mm Luminors screws, CGs, casebacks, pre-A caseback, spare parts...etc...the list goes on.

I'm not standing in DSN's or anyone's defence here, just stating my personal experience with DSN, and clarifying few points.

If you don't like his stuff, don't buy it noone is forcing to do so, stop whingeing and choose an alternative Pam rep source of your preference.

cheers,

babola