When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My DSN Experience

UncleJay

Well before i start i have not dealt with Dsn.

I am just putting my 2 cents in if i was to pay big money towards a watch i would at least expect the QC to be 99% i wont say 100% as i no damage can be expexted depending on how the reciecing end look after it ie the shipping company

but if somebody has paid nearly over 2000 GRAND EUROS I EXPECT a higher class of service !!!

im just a NOOB what do i no?

Cheers Del

Welcome Del. It was actually $2000 USD, but that's high enough. BTW, I think that one should get very high QC when spending $300 + on a rep.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats crap. I honestly feel bad for you. Might want to test the waters before sinking your teeth into any dealer that far.

I really hope this situation gets turned around. I was not pleased with the communication I got from DVN, so I stuck with josh, and I am happy with my 177H. I had a small problem with the movement, but was able to sort it on my own upon arrival.

Granted, I know only a fraction of what you know about Pams, so my expectations will differ, and I can understand your taking a stab at the "supposed best".

My 177H from josh.. Crown lever is way too thin, sunken cannon pin, lume sucks. If I got the urge, i'd have The Zigmeister rectify those for me though. Have a look, i'd love your thoughts. Treated it to a strapculture strap, otherwise box stock.

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

Thats crap. I honestly feel bad for you. Might want to test the waters before sinking your teeth into any dealer that far.

I really hope this situation gets turned around. I was not pleased with the communication I got from DVN, so I stuck with josh, and I am happy with my 177H. I had a small problem with the movement, but was able to sort it on my own upon arrival.

Granted, I know only a fraction of what you know about Pams, so my expectations will differ, and I can understand your taking a stab at the "supposed best".

My 177H from josh.. Crown lever is way too thin, sunken cannon pin, lume sucks. If I got the urge, i'd have The Zigmeister rectify those for me though. Have a look, i'd love your thoughts. Treated it to a strapculture strap, otherwise box stock.

Your 117 seems pretty good except for the mentioned problems. Seems you did better with Josh than I did, my Vintage GMT was a mess. I'd send the 117 to the Northern Spa, she'd look that much better. The strap gives it a really nice vintage look and seems to be well made. My buddy has one and loves it, it breaks in nicely.

Guest pamfried

@UJ

as this is your first deal with him why didn't you just order 1 first to test his quality and to test if everything goes well?

To order so many at 1 go is definitely not something i would do dealing with someone for the 1st time.

Do hope that he will resolve all your issues soon!

After my 1st deal back in 06 with dsn which went hay-wire, i never looked back. And he has not improved any better since imho.

Good source for individual parts i have to agree but the whole nine yards? Not me.

:(

Your 117 seems pretty good except for the mentioned problems. Seems you did better with Josh than I did, my Vintage GMT was a mess. I'd send the 117 to the Northern Spa, she'd look that much better. The strap gives it a really nice vintage look and seems to be well made. My buddy has one and loves it, it breaks in nicely.

You bring up a point I've always wondered. Is it a 177H or 117H? Are there such things as both? This is supposed to be a 177H, titanium.

You bring up a point I've always wondered. Is it a 177H or 117H? Are there such things as both? This is supposed to be a 177H, titanium.

Sorry, my bad. I meant to say the 177. The 117 is a Tobacco dialed Ti Destro Marina. Here's the breakdown. Panerai has yet to replace the 56/117 Destro, but I feel it coming next year. They did introduce the 219 Base Destro, a watch the community has long been waiting for.

Ti Marina Tobacco dial:

PAM0061 C-D series

PAM0118 E-F series

Ti Marina Destro Tobacco dial:

PAM0056 C-D series

PAM0117 E-F series

Ti Marina Black Sandwich dial:

PAM0177 G series to current

@ UJ

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, that's no small chunk of change to be down, especially when it involves goods which are supposed to be QCd prior to delivery... Best of luck with getting the situation resolved, and, as I've never said it before now, welcome to the forum :lol:

This made me chuckle:

his peculiar interpretation of what a Panerai looks like.

:lol:

Can we please accept that his products are tripe? - yes they are different than the regular rep offerings but he is making fools of a lot of people. I have sent him numerous emails and PM offering to assist in improving the accuracy of his products but he has never had the manners to respond to a single message. He is not interested in improving anything as long as he has a bunch of supporters who won't speak up, lest they end up being blacklisted like me.

While I agree entirely with what you're saying, I'd have to point out that when it comes to bringing dealers to task, there is often more support for the dealers (regardless of the issue) than support for those trying to get things improved :(

As this is your first deal with him why didn't you just order 1 first to test his quality and to test if everything goes well? To order so many at 1 go is definitely not something i would do dealing with someone for the 1st time.

In retrospect I should have done just that, but way too late now I guess. I had heard so much about his great product I bought in to it. His pics show a much better watch, I guess pictures don't always paint a thousand words!

i've seen enough in the past couple of weeks to stop me from completing my WU payment 3 times....

I feel very bad for UJ... I would hate to be in his position... I do know that DSN does make things right in the end.... just would think it would be more profitable to do it right from the start...

just would think it would be more profitable to do it right from the start...

Hell, he doesn't loose a penny. I get stuck paying shipping back, I get stuck shelling out the 2K, I get stuck waiting for the replacements and praying they are better than the last he sent. Don't forget, there is no guarantee that the replacements will be correct ..... one can only hope.

$2,000 spent? That's half way to a GEN.

Yes, $2000 .... but that was for 5 watches. It would have been worth the money if they were all useable.

Can't wait to spend over $4K on a $200 watch

I can't either. This just shows that the Gens are much more that $200 watches. You can always get your money back on a Panerai, but not on a POC busted watch. This has become such a PITA they should say PANERIOD of the dial.

uncle jay, my replacement was worse than the first one. i hope things pan out for you.

Great, just what I wanted to hear. Did you have to wait for your watch to reach him before he shipped the replacement? How long did it take for it to get back to you?

Zio...

Sorry for the shitty news my friend.

He wanted me to send it back I refused and he finally agreed to send me a replacement. the replacement arrived promptly, less than four days to Canada. When I went to pick it up there was a bill of $300 attatched to it. I figured he sent it COD, which is fine because he was making sure I would send back the original. Well it was duty and taxes, Canada border services assessed the value at 2K and taxed me on it, so I sent it back. He then had it sent to my mates house, and when I went to pick it up there was taxes and duties yet again assessed, this time roughly one hundred twenty five dollars. This time I paid the buck and a quarter and went home to find the crown grard screw holes were stripped, and the dial was scratched. He tried to blame the post office, border services, his great aunt matilda, whomever he could. In any case I emailed him that I would keep them both to make one good watch out of them since the hassle of the duties [censored] me off. I sent him a few bucks in the mail to cover the difference.

I really hope it pans out for you.

I will email you any other details you want to know.

Sounds like you got a returned watch, sounds like the one I got originally. Well, at least you'll be able to do something with it.

DSN is getting hammered in other forums.

Over on RepGeek he's getting pummeled about the poor QT of his "new" 104.

I hope Dsn is astute enough to realize that like ALL consumers....Rep buyers "Vote with their feet!!"

His once, almost "Deific", reputation among the serious Rep collecting community has been badly bruised lately by his obviously blaise attitude towards quality control.

A liberal(almost!!) policy of replacement of defective stuff is no substitute for simple attention to detail BEFORE shipping...If he were in a neighborhood mall, it might suffice, but he's 1/2 the planet and at least 2 "borders" away from the vast majority of his customer base, making easy exchanges difficult and costly!!....There is simply NO excuse for shipping merchandise with obvious defects, like stripped screw holes and badly printed dials!!..And then, RESHIPPING them to some other poor sap!!

There is no question among long time rep collectors that Dsn has been at or near the forefront in innovation and availability of difficult to obtain models, and we owe him kudos for that!.... But, his recent lapses have certainly given ME a "red flag" warning about dealing with him. I'm not posting this to influence the buying decisions of any other folks, just adding my 2cents!!

And remember....Free advice is usually worth exactly what it costs!! ;) ;) ;)

Sorry, my bad. I meant to say the 177. The 117 is a Tobacco dialed Ti Destro Marina. Here's the breakdown. Panerai has yet to replace the 56/117 Destro, but I feel it coming next year. They did introduce the 219 Base Destro, a watch the community has long been waiting for.

Ti Marina Tobacco dial:

PAM0061 C-D series

PAM0118 E-F series

Ti Marina Destro Tobacco dial:

PAM0056 C-D series

PAM0117 E-F series

Ti Marina Black Sandwich dial:

PAM0177 G series to current

Thanks for everything. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSN is the way he is because too many people recieve their watches, then post photos of a watch with a poorly fitting CG, inacurate dial, misshapen cse etc and pour out thanks and praise for Davidsen and his 'excellent' watches. Very few people have been willing to stand up and tell the truth - I have and he won't even respond to my offers to assist with the accuracy of his new productions. As long as he has got a reputation that he doesn't deserve he won't change.

HIS WATCHES ARE RUBBISH, HIS BUILD QUALITY IS BAD AND HIS SERVICE IS WOEFUL. My biggest complaint is that he treats us all like a bunch of morons and unfortunately he has succeeded in making fools out of a lot of us.

WOW :tu: perfectly said, I have to give you :clap: on your honesty. He's just getting :greedy: and this lack of QC will most likely :blowup: in his face. I just hope that if he bails from his sinking :boat: he doesn't leave us :cc_hang: or out in the :cold: . Recent posts have given me an :idea: for a new forum to :busted_cop: collector problems. Moderators would then be able to :boxing: for the community. I would be the :1a: to volunteer, and I'm sure I could find a :2a: and :3a: to help.

We need to stop being :2: and :band1: together now. Hey, some of us here save for a while to get an expensive rep and then take a :black_eye: , that's not right. Collectors who don't respect the community should be :ban:!

I also want to say that I'm NOT a voilent person and it took me longer to write this post than it did to make my first child ;)