When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel ....ss bezel.. Bracelet Model

lanikai

Ebel .......

Due to the Zenith El Primero movement in the genuine and the configuration of the dial and the size the maker found it problematic to copy the genuine exactly.. unlike the Chopard which uses the Swiss 7750 movement..

so I really thought it redundant to give a full write up other than to say the timepiece is stunning .. i have never seen anyone wearing an Ebel.. let alone heard of it before this.. so ignorance is bliss.. unless you plan on wearing to a watch convention .. I think it would be safe on the streets..

the quality is outstanding.. if it werent for the dial.. well ..

weight.. left jab with this on and .. better than a roll of quarters...

the rotor is nicely engraved .. well done.. the bridges seem to be engraved .. although machined .. very nice..

the crown and pushers tips are rubber.. the movement itself appears well serviced for out of the box.. but we'll see..

the bracelet looks linked but it does have screws.. be careful those end pieces do attach separatey.. but just screw out and reconnect..

I leave the intense reviews to Bytor... Pugs... Pix,..chrgod...... andrew (may not be his cup o tea though) ,.. and toad t.

hope you enjoy the pics.. B)

there are tons of details I left out.. bottom line .. you won't be dissapointed with this one..

dsc0052tv7.jpg

dsc0048ho6.jpg

dsc0049cc2.jpg

dsc0054wp9.jpg

dsc0003pv8.jpg

csc0008gx6.jpg

csc0046vc4.jpg

csc0020op2.jpg

csc0021nt9.jpg

looks great lani! congrats on the new toy.

2 quick questions...

-how is the quality of the bracelet? it looks as if the clasp is just a pull-to-open clasp. or is there a hidden button to release?

-also, was wondering about the AR...is it like the blackbird AR...looks blue most of the time. or would you say its better than the bb.

Ebels have hidden clasps... no push buttons. You just pull it out/open and in/close... it's in "two parts"... very nice.

PS: The gen 1911 chronos doesn't use El Primero anymore. These new ones have Ebel inhouse movements.

PS2: "L" on EBEL rotor looks misaligned.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Lani, absolutely stunning watch! Regardless of what flaws you might find after doing your research, the fit and finish seems top notch and I would not think twice that it were a replica!

It is watches like this that I am beginning to gather... Its not a Rolex, Breitling or Panarai and MUCH FEWER people would ever consider calling you out for wearing it. Outstanding choice!!!

I briefly owned a quartz version of this rep, which, of course, can't be compared to gen, or even this 7750 rep... but it was fairly nice anyway.

However, here's a pic of the Ebel hidden clasp. Maybe the pic explains how it operates.

clasp-4.jpg

looks great lani! congrats on the new toy.

2 quick questions...

-how is the quality of the bracelet? it looks as if the clasp is just a pull-to-open clasp. or is there a hidden button to release?

-also, was wondering about the AR...is it like the blackbird AR...looks blue most of the time. or would you say its better than the bb.

the bracelet is outstanding !!! patience with the screw so as not to disfigure the heads....finish is great.. satin all the way... no buttons just friction holding it together..

AR is very well done .. not anything close to CT's but take a look at the outdoor pics.. that is in direct sunlight.... it looks like the genuine PO indoors.. the lighting in the box was bouncing all over..not one of my good day's.. gotta eat more after gym.. hyperglycemic.. :o g

Ztech Posted Today, 06:33 PM

Wow great pics and write up lani! Enjoy and thanks.

P.S. How is the lume on this watch? Anything near the quality of the Graham CF's?

thanks Z.. the lume is pretty much as good as it can get .. very thin lume areas.. not a strong point because of this..

carlsbadrolex Posted Today, 06:38 PM

Its not a Rolex, Breitling or Panarai and MUCH FEWER people would ever consider calling you out for wearing it. Outstanding choice!!!

Quite right T... spot on about the quality.. .... not a heavily known brand... and I went with the maker .. like I do all the reps now day's.. thank you for the kind words..

I kind of like this type of Q&A better.. Bytor can be the RWG analyst.. play by play guy.. Monday Night football watch out..(pun intended)

By-Tor Posted Today, 06:30 PM

PS2: "L" on EBEL rotor looks misaligned.

actually that may be the lighting.. it looks OK when i bring it horizontal to my eye's.. or my eyes could be slanted... eh,.. they are... :rolleyes:

I thought these looked good one the black with yellow stitch straps but there is something about that bracelet that really makes the watch special.

Beautiful watch and great pic's Lani, wear it in good health.

Ken

Thx for sharing Lani :D

Your pictures are excellent too !

I cannot make up my mind regarding the bracelet, as the watch looks great on leather and constrast stitching too. Only bad point is that leather on reps is usually of poor quality...

Did you see this 1911 BTR model ? Look at the dial.

post-4381-1210071734_thumb.jpgpost-4381-1210071893_thumb.jpg

Thx for sharing Lani :D

Your pictures are excellent too !

I cannot make up my mind regarding the bracelet, as the watch looks great on leather and constrast stitching too. Only bad point is that leather on reps is usually of poor quality...

Did you see this 1911 BTR model ? Look at the dial.

post-4381-1210071734_thumb.jpgpost-4381-1210071893_thumb.jpg

Thank you Pix,

One really has to be centered to do a good review.. and with the way things are this week.. sheesh.. plus I read bytor wanted to review this one .. so more power to RWG..

I'm still learning the Nikon and the lighting.. with Maunual settings..

I remember seeing pics of the model you posted .... I'm not concerned with it though as it is not a widely known brand .. I have not seen one live in person yet..

and I would definately go with the bracelet.. this is one of main reasons I got it.. the rubber bezel with the nylon strap looks really good !

I would definately get the bracelet version and if needed get a strap made later

@Lani: I'd love to see a review from you. And besides, even if I buy it and review it... so what? The more the merrier. :)

PS: This is the exact model I'm going to get as well. I'm not even sure if the red hands version is available with bracelet at all.

@Lani: I'd love to see a review from you. And besides, even if I buy it and review it... so what? The more the merrier. :)

PS: This is the exact model I'm going to get as well. I'm not even sure if the red hands version is available with bracelet at all.

Thanks BT... but it's been a long time since you've had the "Passion" for a timepiece until the Ebel.. besides my focus is on getting the reps in on the Nikon.. so your review will be something to look forward to fo sure !!!

the red needle with the rubber bezel IMO does not flow with the ss bracelet ... that's the reason I went with the yellow ss bezel.... that bracelet makes it happen!!

• 10 months later...

I don't mind the subdial spacing at all. It was obvious that they can't do it right (as the gen sports a expensive inhouse movement). But it's a shame they didn't replicate the BTR rotor. I don't care about it being a "flaw" but that rotor is one of the main draws on this watch.

Here's the gen.

1449193c.jpg

But anyway... I still want this. :D

I don't blame you BT. I had practically forgotten about this watch, but looking at these stunning pics is making me how nice it would be to have one also :D

Damn Lani, you really need to tone down on these pics you take, they're not good for my bank balance!

wow... this was over a year ago.. where did the time go :rolleyes:

I own two Ebel 1911 BTR's -- both in quartz...these can be bought for between $65-$100usd -- depending on your source...

The biggest difference I see between the quartz and automatic versions is how the ss bracelet attaches...on the quartz, it's attached via the usual spring pins...on the automatic, it's attached via screws...you can see the difference by looking at Lani's pix and By-Tor's pix...

@By-Tor --> is the ss bracelet the same between the quartz and automatic versions?

My two versions below...I am attaching some pix of the black dial quartz version...I haven't taken pix of the white dial, yet...Please note, I don't have nearly the photog prowess of Lani...

1) Black rubber bezel, black rubber pushers/crown heads, black dial, red hands, ss bracelet

2) Polished SS bezel, polished ss pushers/crown heads (no rubber), white dial, yellow hands, ss bracelet

Of the two, i find the white dial striking...i love the black dial, too...IMO, the black dial needs the black rubber bezel...i just think it adds a level of uniformity to the look, with the bezel, dial, pushers being all black...

enjoy - R

post-16947-1237414630_thumb.jpg post-16947-1237414642_thumb.jpg post-16947-1237414656_thumb.jpgpost-16947-1237414666_thumb.jpg post-16947-1237414696_thumb.jpg