When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Freakin Thieves...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

For those few people who have been to my office, you will know that its in a pretty nice area of Carlsbad. Alot of high end manufacturing, and retail warehouses.

SO, today I am sitting at my desk and my two way paging alarm beeps once and starts to vibrate. My first thought was, "time to put a new battery in".

When I look back at the alarm, it says that my drivers side door is open, and then my hood was opened.

I look out the window and find two guys standing in front of my truck taking off my 3 Hella 4000 HIDS. Thinking as quickly as I can, I immediately dial 911 and get a very sexxy sounding female Carlsbad cop on the tele. I inform her that I will detain the two individuals if I can, and that I will be armed. I hand the tele off to a co-worker and walk out the back door and around the side of the building toward my truck. Of course I had removed my Kimber 1991 from the lock box in my desk.

As I walk toward my truck, the two guys look at me and continue to work. I then think to myself, "SELF, these guys are idiots!". As I walk past them, I turn around and show the business end of the kimber to the closest of the two morons. I inform them that it would be in both of their best interest that they kneel immediately and interlock their fingers behind their heads.

I kick the tools away from where they are on the ground and no more than 30 seconds later the C.P.D arrive. They were both arrested and will most likely be charged with felony grand theft and vandalism (small scratch on my truck and possibly broken door lock). The officers let me know that there have been three other trucks with similar items stolen in the last week and these guys fit the description.

After a little paperwork and picture taking, they were on their way and I decided to take the rest of the day off.

So the moral of the story is... Hand guns in the hands of those who are properly trained and have a head on their shoulders are perfectly safe and can reduce crime!

HaHaHa, i would have capped one guy in the leg. Kidding.

I hope it was a slightly windy and your suit jacket and tie were blowing in the wind. Something out of the professional hitman kind of movies. And "Do you feel lucky..." would have also been a good one liner to those mofo's.

Nice Job!

Talk about being bold and hard faced, well done.

I take it a Kimber 1991 is a firearm ( we don`t have that privilege in Oz, it sure would make a difference ).

There is allways some moron wanting the easy way.

You have alot of patience my friend. I would have (as done in the past) kicked the living sh*t of someone trying to steal from me.

You need money or want nice toys - go get a job. Can't get a good job - go get a frickin' paper route now.

Heck of a story but I am curious ... would you have shot them if they had turned and run away after you "inform them that it would be in both of their best interest that they kneel immediately and interlock their fingers behind their heads." ?

This is why I love AMERICA.

God bless you sir.

Yes until some gangster draws a glock in your face and he has no regards to pull the trigger.

Its easy to draw a gun but much worse to use it..I never wear a knife or gun its illegal but thats not the reason i just think you have far more chance to get into problems when having such things on you then if you don't have it..I leave such items in my house..

Hella 4000 HIDS is those the big headlights? truck,Kimber gun, big headlights i aiint gone do a psychoanalysis on that. :p

Cheers,

Dani

Yes until some gangster draws a glock in your face and he has no regards to pull the trigger.

Its easy to draw a gun but much worse to use it..I never wear a knife or gun its illegal but thats not the reason i just think you have far more chance to get into problems when having such things on you then if you don't have it..I leave such items in my house..

Hella 4000 HIDS is those the big headlights? truck,Kimber gun, big headlights i aiint gone do a psychoanalysis on that. :p

Cheers,

Dani

Any weapon in the hands of a trained person is only as dangerous as that person wants it to be at any moment in time. A weapon in the hands of an untrained person is inherently dangerous all the time. I agree a person who does not know what they are doing will end up in more trouble than it is worth carrying a weapon. However, a trained person is a weapon and a "knife or gun" is just an extension of them and there is nothing wrong with that. I never leave home without my folding Tanto.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Cheers,

Dani

Dani, you ask if I would have shot them... Had they taken off running, no. Had one of these 24 year old "gangsters" reached for a weapon... YES I would have.

You are correct, it easy to draw a weapon. This is the second time as a civilian that I have had to do it. The first was to subdue someone who had just beat the hell out of his girlfriend in the parking lot of a rather swanky eatery. I dont care to discuss the "other" occasions in which I have had to use a weapon, but suffice it to say there have been many. Ask those members who have met me... they would all say I was a pretty mellow person.

As is in all life situation, you are only as prepared as you training allows. I assure you that my training is such that the US Govt. trusted me with the training of some of their finest military persons at one time. I am not one to wield a weapon wildly in a public place, and I assure you that there was absolutely no risk (from me) to anyone in the area. I purposely placed them between me and the front of my truck so that if anything were to transpire, there was a safety net behind them (my truck). There were two additional witnesses to the event that were not even aware that I had a weapon. Only those who needed to know, knew. And YES, one of them did damn near shat himsef! But Im sure tonight he will have help cleaning himself up!

Dani, Dani, Dani... PLEASE bring back the puppy avatar and leave the adults to talk about weapons!

I could not agree with you more. I have been carrying my .45acp Glock for 10 years and have a similar story except I was robbed at gun point by a punk kid and his .22 . Long story short, I read him well, I knew he wouldnt do anything, I asked him if I could show him my gun so he would understand why I wont give him my money, I explained that he would shoot me.. which would sting and really [censored] me off, and I would shoot him and he would die.

It all worked out in the end. :) I doubt I would ever do something that stupid again.. and I am thankful that I have never had to use it any other time. I do however have balls of steel when I carry it... also a little more road rage, etc... it's all good.. LOL..

Glad you were able to stop them, assholes like that deserve "the business end" of a Texas Lead Enema!

CBR, I am happy to know that all works out in the end in this instance. I was the victim of vandalism done to my car. To this day I think about it, and if I was in your shoes, I might have just fire off a shot, just to scare these punks if I see them in person, or hell, just to shoot one near their ears to deaf them a bit. Perhaps these losers were playing too much Grand Theft Auto 4, that they'd thought they would put it to the test. Dumbasses.......I hope they go into the tank for a long time.

HaHaHa, i would have capped one guy in the leg. Kidding.

I hope it was a slightly windy and your suit jacket and tie were blowing in the wind. Something out of the professional hitman kind of movies. And "Do you feel lucky..." would have also been a good one liner to those mofo's.

Nice Job!

More like ...Hi make my day! :D

I take it a Kimber 1991 is a firearm.

Actually it is a tool for unjamming color copiers, that if you hold it the right way, LOOKS like a firearm.

I have subdued many criminals with miscellaneous office supplies. Even a mousepad, in the hands of a highly trained individual, can be quite an effective weapon.

Cheers,

Dani

I thought that your avatar was from Natural Born Killers, have you even seen that movie?

I thought that your avatar was from Natural Born Killers, have you even seen that movie?

NBK has been one of my favorite movies since i first saw it way way back..

Also the OST from that movie is great..

Also as to Carl's question of brining my puppy back i rather have a puppy then a gun when going out.

And i em very greatful that a live in a place where i don't need to have gun in my office,car or on me when going out..

As to guns i have been using guns since i was a kid 7-8yr old..So i can talk guns,use guns as much as i like.

At least i don't drive a truck, big headlights, and have gun on me.. :whistling:

rumsfeldgunab4b2c3zr8.jpg

:rofl:

Cheers,

Dani