When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MBW 1665 project

DIVANO

Looks very nice if you ask me.

Im still a noob in this area so all the experts will give you remarks hints and comments that realy matter.

One thing i should change is the pearl. The insert is nicely aged by the way.

Capre Diem

Cats

Unfortunately, your pictures are not clear enough to see exactly what you have there, but it looks like it may be an MBW case with a relumed dial (the lume has a beautiful texture to it -- nice work, whoever did it). I also like the folded link bracelet, which, at 1st, I thought was a gen. But now that I look closer, the inner folds do not look right, so I am guessing that it is either a rep or consists of folded links made for another brand of watch that has been fitted with a rep or gen Rolex clasp & end links (again, impossible to tell based on the pictures). In addition to the pearl that Cats already pointed out, the other thing that does look like it needs upgrading is the crown, which appears to be a rep (hard to be sure based on the fuzzy pictures). I would replace that with a gen crown & tube. I would also reshape the CGs a bit, but what you have there is acceptable.

The dial is a MBW - i used acrylic matt paint and two brushes (5/0 and 10/0) for a minimum of paint. The important thing is that you only use a very small amount of paint.

The original MBW bracelet was a too bad for me (solid midlinks) so I change the clasp an put it to together with an aftermarket folded bracelet till i will find a gen 9315.

Does anyone knows if there are aftermarket acrylic pearls?

post-11261-1210175566_thumb.jpg

Edited by DIVANO

I have not found the acrylic pearls on the ofrei page.

Can anybody post me the link??

Try an Ofrei.com acrylic pearl for $10- maybe it will fit. A gen Rolex 315-5513-1 bezel insert would be cool, but they are hard to come by for most of us.

And where did that bracelet come from? I need at least two of them!

Yes, I'd like to know where you got the folded aftermarket bracelet too?

Your project is coming together nicely Divano.

Thanks!

This bracelet is from a local seller here in Ludwigsburg/Germany. But a gen would be better :)

The only thing is that I changed the clasp from my MBW bracelet ... the endlinks and 9135 markings.

If anyone is interested, we can change for nice other things (dials, dots:) ... I think I will searching fo an gen 9315.