When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Curious... What Other Pam Models Do You Guys Want???

Hi..

Was pondering what other PANERAI Models interest you guys? Shoot us with pics and the model numbers if possible. =) Your feedback is definitely very important in the development of the next generation of PANERAI Models of replicas.

My pick will be PAM087 Luminor Submersible 1000m

PAM087

74783-31777.jpg

Others will be the PAM194 and PAM187..

PAM194

74783-31778.jpg

ANDREW@Trusty Time

**Pictures courtesy of Monster-Time.com

Edited by trustywatchguy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PAM194 in titanium and the PAM187 for sure.

I'll look up other models after I get back from playing 5-a-side football. :1a:

PAM194 in titanium and the PAM187 for sure.

I'll look up other models after I get back from playing 5-a-side football. :1a:

Playing the World Cup... =P

Or just getting into the fever?

Andrew

No, I play every Saturday and every Monday... maybe an extra Wednesday over the summer after the World Cup too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've suggested this to several other custom watch craftsmen on this board - one of whom is considering the idea. In the meantime, I think the first person to offer a series of the three classic Panerai Vintage dials in a clean 45mm Radiomir format (with moveable lugs, yellow lume, a decent movment and a display back)....is going to sell a lot of them.

By classic vintages I mean the 2533, and the two 3646 dials (California and the simple Base version).

Why in a 45mm case with all of the above features?

Because many of us just don't look good with a 47mm case on our wrists.

Because many of us would like to be able to change straps - and don't care for the riveted straps that come with the fixed-lug models.

Because we like display-back cases.

Because nothing is prettier on a vintage Panerai than yellow lume.

Because it's just a matter of time before someone figures all this out for themselves - Narikaa had a stunning 2533 with yellow lume up for sale the other day, but in the 47mm format with a solid back and fixed lugs. It was nevertheless the first knock-out 2533 that got the visuals right.

Purists notwithstanding, at least from my point of view....

Personally I would prefer to see better and more accurate versions of what we already have. I see Watchhonpo now shows a correct bezel 7750 Submersible but I'm sure the date font and magnification are as poor as ever.

I think an AP Royal Oak Offshore chrono is well overdue and enough Panerai have been copied now. :huh:

I agree with Ryyannon. Those vintage models with a Molnija movement if its display back with the varnished look yellow lume. Even though I know Jon isn't too keen on the distressed dial and hands, if i had my druthers, it would be distressed like the 6152 box set that River had for sale recently.

Of course, I know it will never happen but the 60mm GPF 2/56.

Its the one in the middle BTW.

74880-31753.jpg

I'd buy a rep of this altjough it isn't a Panerai. Its an Enneb,i another Firenze watch maker.

74880-31754.jpg

Eddy

These are all titanium about from the North Pole GMT... Isn't there an Arktos GMT? I prefer the Arktos name.

Of all of these ones, the one I'd want most is PAM194, and as some may know, I would prefer titanium right now, especially during the summer months, due to a bad reaction to the nickel in stainless steel. I'm sure I am not the only one. Couldn't find a lefty titanium, but that would be good too.

Oh and I only scored 3 maybe 4 goals today... didn't play too great :( Game ended up 12-12 with me scoring the equaliser in the dying seconds.

=================================================

PAM194

Special Editions 2004

Luminor Submersible 2500m

Titanium 47mm automatic

http://www.panerai.com/s_special_editions...._categoria=3084

PAM225

Special Editions 2005

Luminor Submersible Chrono 1000m Slytech (white dial)

Titanium 47mm

http://www.panerai.com/s_special_editions...._categoria=4724

PAM221

Luminor Marina Automatic 44mm

titanium

http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id_lingu...id_categoria=35

PAM025

Luminor Submersible 44mm

titanium, hobnail dial

http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id_lingu...id_categoria=36

PAM252

Special Editions 2006

Luminor North Pole GMT

Steel 44mm

http://www.panerai.com/s_special_editions...._categoria=5824

PAM082

Special Editions 2000

Luminor Marina Militare Vespucci

Titanium

http://www.panerai.com/s_special_editions....id_categoria=45

PAM076

Special Editions 2002

Luminor Blackseal

Titanium with cover

http://www.panerai.com/s_special_editions....id_categoria=47

I agree with Ryyannon. Those vintage models with a Molnija movement if its display back with the varnished look yellow lume. Even though I know Jon isn't too keen on the distressed dial and hands, if i had my druthers, it would be distressed like the 6152 box set that River had for sale recently.

74887-31746.jpg

There 2006 Special Editions are doing the 1936 versions, so no need for distressing dials or straps if you don't want to.

2006 Special Editions

The titanium 194 is lovely, I hope the rep is also titanium. I know some current tianium models are brushed steel, but at least I got them when they were made of titanium!

No problem with the 7753 date corrector on this one as with the PAM187 (another one I like).

Perhaps this one could use a genuine Swiss ETA 7750 movement, or the Asian 7750b1 copy like the Arktos rep. :group:

Here are pics of the 194 from monster-time.

74896-31741.jpg

74896-31742.jpg

74896-31743.jpg

74896-31744.jpg

74896-31745.jpg

There 2006 Special Editions are doing the 1936 versions, so no need for distressing dials or straps if you don't want to.

2006 Special Editions

Yes, it looks like even the Officine is getting into the vintage re-edition act. The nerve of some people....

Nevertheless, even those gens don't look as good as some of WM hommages (especially the 2533) and even Narikaa's presumably mass-produced piece with that gorgeous yellow lume and perfect dial (also a 2533).

Since a picture is worth a thousand words (and probably ten thousand of mine) I'm taking the liberty of using Narikaa's own pic of the 2533 in question - and hoping that he will not object. Thank you, Narikka, and if the truth must be known, this is the best version I've ever seen - including WM's lovely hommage - but unlike WM, at an extremely affordable price. In short, this watch has everything going for it, other than the fact that Narikaa only had one of them for sale. Let's hope he'll be offering more the next time. Anyway, the 2533:

74897-31740.jpg

How could anyone in their right mind resist this? The truth is that I did, but only because of those old 47mm fixed-lug no display back bugaboos that I've mentioned above.

As for the distressed look, it just makes me feel a bit distressed myself. I have seen fabulous work done by members to make their vintage look as if it was unearthed from the ruins of Pompei, and while I have unlimited respect for their skill, taste and ingenuity, I just have to say that the 'this watch survived Hiroshima' look doesn't do it for me.

So no, I personally would prefer clean versions at the outset. If I want to permanently distress or otherwise traumatise these puppies, I can always send them to Nanuq's Finishing School For Wayward Watches, or put an icepick and a blowtorch to them myself.

My two cents.