When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Curious... What Other Pam Models Do You Guys Want???

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't thought about the PAM184/5 because I can't think of what movement it would be? If we're lucky, maybe a modified ETA but which one? I think it'll be an Asian automatic, maybe even an Asian 7750 modified to have a GMT arm like the ETA 2836s, and then there are two crowns - I would think one is for the GMT and the other for the usual?

If you look closely, even with epoxy, you can see the glue at the base of the letter, it is an immediate and dead give away that it's a rep. The 2nd gen's can be had for $150. A smart factory/dealer would make the effort to create a good rep which command 2-3x that price. A lot of us had been waiting for the ARKTOS for years... so the recent attempts were a very disappointing failure. TTKs latest looks very good, I am curious about how strong the adherence of the NSEW. Kudos to TTK.

By the way, which one is $150? The Asian automatic? Or the Asian 7750b1 automatic? And where to get them from. Even silix don't have the Asian 7750b1 version at $150 i think.

By the way, which one is $150? The Asian automatic? Or the Asian 7750b1 automatic? And where to get them from. Even silix don't have the Asian 7750b1 version at $150 i think.

asian auto... there have been several sales in the$140-180 range, don't recall which dealer, maybe paul, whatever, that's not the point... the point is i'm looking for a decent version of arktos which i have yet to see, perhaps ttk's is beginning of better things to come.

EL has an Arktos too, looks good. Only difference between TTK's and his seems to be the NSEW on the bezel is bigger. Maybe someone can supply the bezel for those who already bought EL's if it bothers them ?

The 'N' of the NSEW also looks more accurate on TTK's than EL's. That is one more reason to buy TTK's. I hesitated on EL's because of the dead giveaway on the 'N'.

A no brainer:

ANY blue or anthracite dialed model.

ANY titanium cased Automatic.

I'd bet all my appendages that the dealer who supplies a run of of any of the above will make a mint since it would allow even people who have many pams to add variety to their collections, which consist of primarily SS whatches w/ black dials.

A no brainer:

ANY blue or anthracite dialed model.

ANY titanium cased Automatic.

I'd bet all my appendages that the dealer who supplies a run of of any of the above will make a mint since it would allow even people who have many pams to add variety to their collections, which consist of primarily SS whatches w/ black dials.

I want titanium too! Not just brushed/bead-blasted SS to look like titanium/tantalium.

:3a:

Edited by Chronus

Oh my gawd...

That is an absolutely stunning piece...

I'm in :wub:

And has the potential to be the most accurate 1st gen, ever. Granted, if anyone can put a major flaw in a 1st gen rep it's the panerai rep makers, but I don't see where they can find a place to do iton the dial side of this watch. Either its way on or way off.

So Andrew, if we're going to do another SS/black Pam....this is the one.

WOW, our opinion matters? That's great! If you can get these produced, you may have to retire from selling watches with all the money you will make..... I can't believe not one person has posted these....

77855-31111.jpg

77855-31112.jpg

77855-31113.jpg

77855-31114.jpg

77855-31115.jpg

77855-31116.jpg

77855-31117.jpg

77855-31118.jpg

77855-31119.jpg

check out the asking price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panerai-PAM21-Platinum...1QQcmdZViewItem

WOWOWOWOW!

Edited by sammalone

78453-30910.jpg

That vespuci would be a breeze--All they'd have to do would be take the dial and back off of a few 36's, CNC the Vespucci's solid back, slap on a blue dial blue and, viola, a PAM rep everyone would want because they have nothing like it.

The back:

post-53-1151718478_thumb.jpg

I haven't thought about the PAM184/5 because I can't think of what movement it would be? If we're lucky, maybe a modified ETA but which one? I think it'll be an Asian automatic, maybe even an Asian 7750 modified to have a GMT arm like the ETA 2836s, and then there are two crowns - I would think one is for the GMT and the other for the usual?

One turns the inner bezel, I think.

194 with a 6mm cyclops that actually has magnification. I have yet to see a Pam rep that has any mag at all.

I'm informed that Eddies regatta PR has decent lume, but not accomplished in an "accurate" way. Apparently it uses the 2 cuclops trick--one on thr crystal the other on th dial.

In the meantime, I have it on good authority that there are a few 1.7X sapphire cyclopses available whcih may be able to be had by contacting sssurfer.

• 2 months later...