When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Generation of Chronomats Coming Out Soon!

beanyboy

I just got a nice email from our friend King, she of the lovely "showbox", responding to my inquiry about picking up a Chronomat evolution two tone from her, as well as pasting a picture of my wishlist BCE tt with a white face, gold rimmed subdials rather than solid gold ones, and gold roman numerals...a newish model that has yet to be repped. Well, good news RWG--King says that a new generation of Chronomats is expected soon, and that I should be patient and I can get what I want!

So, frankly, my experience with King has always been good. And, secondly, I think King's in the know when it comes to this kind of stuff, especially since new quality reps show up in the showbox more quickly then some of our other fine dealers. And, finally, the timing seems right...in the past it seems like the new Breitys hit around June.

So cross your fingers, folks. I am one who is hoping that I get my wish, and that it doesn't cost me $350. On that score, I am less hopeful.

Beany in Chicago...

I don't know is she meant stainless models too. But she was clear that new models Breitling models were coming out, certainly the BCE. I don't know about the Bentleys....

Good luck.

thats great news! did she say anything about all SS models....or was she just referring to TT models?

what are they going to fix? - i guess just the new models?

Hopefully the frikkin movements!! :lol:

Really, do we need another improved rep... with a ticking timebomb of a movement? I wish they'd just sort out the damn movements.

Reason for my little rant....my Chopard Mille Miglia GMT movement (bought about 8months ago) expired the other day <_<

I think the only thing to fix on the Chronomat would be to make the concentric patterns on the dial a bit sharper, date font (I wish) and sharper numbers/ markers on the bezel.. But, all this is minor stuff.

The pearl has been improved from the first ultimate I bought, so I guess they are concentrating on this model! :)

Really, do we need another improved rep... with a ticking timebomb of a movement?

How many horror stories we actually hear about the new 28.8k Asian 7750's?

Not many, really. Their bad reputation mostly comes from the old low-beat version.

I just got a nice email from our friend King, she of the lovely "showbox", responding to my inquiry about picking up a Chronomat evolution two tone from her, as well as pasting a picture of my wishlist BCE tt with a white face, gold rimmed subdials rather than solid gold ones, and gold roman numerals...a newish model that has yet to be repped. Well, good news RWG--King says that a new generation of Chronomats is expected soon, and that I should be patient and I can get what I want!

So, frankly, my experience with King has always been good. And, secondly, I think King's in the know when it comes to this kind of stuff, especially since new quality reps show up in the showbox more quickly then some of our other fine dealers. And, finally, the timing seems right...in the past it seems like the new Breitys hit around June.

So cross your fingers, folks. I am one who is hoping that I get my wish, and that it doesn't cost me $350. On that score, I am less hopeful.

Beany in Chicago...

the dial you describe is the exact version i am looking for. i am so excited. i hope your june prediction is correct!

I concur. Here's what I am thinking based on what King said--a few minor improvements such as the date wheel, perhaps a better machined bezel, or (minor) "improved" 7750 movement. And a few new versions of BCEs that Breitling has issued in the last eighteen months or so. The good news is that it sounds like the model I want (the tt with white subdials and gold roman numerals, will be appearing).

The downside is that the price rise, if there is one, won't justify the minor improvements. I do know for a fact that BCEs have been great sellers for both Breitling and the rep sellers, so this all makes sense to me. The dealers haven't kept the ultimates in stock, and I already own one and want another. I love the BCE, and I get more compliments on my BCE than any other rep I own, and I own sixteen of them and rotate pretty reliably.

A new generation! Hurray!

In replica language, this means 1-2 problems of the original are fixed, and 2-4 strong points of the original are screwed up anew!

How many horror stories we actually hear about the new 28.8k Asian 7750's?

Not many, really. Their bad reputation mostly comes from the old low-beat version.

You know By-Tor I have about 50 reps in my collection now and about 20 of them are chronos running the A7750. A few of them have some quirks but for the most part they all run well. Not sure if they deserve the bad reputation they have.

I hope we get a good Skyland and Heritage Chrono. The BCE is a beautiful watch but that rounded crown drives me nuts. And yes, I have had nothing but excellent experience with King as well. :)

I'm right there with you kruzer. If they did a nice Skyland and SOH Chrono I would get both. What we need is a good Ocean Racer strap for the SOH's. I know they can pump out a decent rubber rep strap. The new 1:1 UPO one that I have is great and very close to gen.

FYI - the roman numeral new model is the chrono cockpit ,and its 39mm although it looks just like a BCE in photos

The older "crosswind" is the predicessor , along with the chronomat to the BCE - the crosswind had a smaller case and different pushers

You know By-Tor I have about 50 reps in my collection now and about 20 of them are chronos running the A7750. A few of them have some quirks but for the most part they all run well. Not sure if they deserve the bad reputation they have.

It must be a coincidence then, that my TAG Carrera Racing with hi-beat A7750 is also dead!

I'm fed up with having to improve this and fix that, and in the end I still cant rely on it. Thats why I'm p*ssed off with reps at the moment....and buying gens instead.