When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would PAMs fit me? Pics inside!

outlandos

I am new to RWG, just as I am new to replica watches in general!

Let me start by saying I totally love Panerai watches (at least from the pictures, I haven't seen any in real life before)!

I would totally like to buy one, but the problem is that it may not look good on me!

Why is this you ask? Because my wrist is relatively "small/thin" and most (if not all) Panerai's are 40mm+ size!

So I have made two quick shots of my wrist and I hope you can tell me if such a big watch would fit me!

Here we go:

100_7730.jpg

100_7728.jpg

100_7724.jpg

I am 21 years old so unfortunately it's not gonne grow anymore! ;)

Looking forward to read your replys!

- outlandos

Edited by outlandos

Hi And welcome to the forum, i have seen pams on some skinny wrists so dont worry, buy one, it is not if the watch fits your wrist it is if you fit the watch.

Have a look

39mm watch

SD530010.jpg

44mm pam

DSCN3073.jpg

47mm pam

DSC00027.jpg

so you see most of it is not the size it is the feeling

Got any pics of your wrist with a watch on? Would also help to know the circumference of your wrist. Plenty of members here with 6-7" wrists that pull off PAM's so if you're somewhere between that you'd be fine.

A 44mm PAM does not wear that extremely big. I love wearing them but I can

Yes

Don't try a 127 first off work your way up to it. There are 40mm pams but I've not had the pleaseure yet. Though I think there is a 051 for sale in the trade area.

Agree with Fish; leather wears very differently to steel.

I've got really small wrists and quite a few Pams.

If in doubt you could get a cheaper version to test the water.

Just. Take the plunge.

You might like it

ST

16cm might be too little, but if you wont try you wont know. Get one, you can always trade it back, or you might talk to the dealer to change it for a 40mm one it you wont like the size ;)

Ive 17,5cm and 44mm is just fine, but I wouldnt mind having it grown a inch or two :p

Welcome to rwg outlandos ;)

well its all about how u wear it in my book ... and if u feel comfortable with what u wear and the size ...

case and point i have just below 18 cm wrist and i feel oka with 44 mm pams i had also a destro 217 that i liked to take pictures of but did not wear that much couse of size ... still it did not look completely ridiculous here is a wrist shoot ... of the 217 ... 47 mm on my below 18 cm wrist.

DSC09016.JPG

as u can see looks kinda oka but still i found it just tad to big ...

the 44 is much more my size and comfort level here is a wristie of a 44 mm

DSC00776.jpg

NOW ... my gf asked me to get her a watch an i asked what she liked ... i was expecting answers like cartier ... datejust ... maybe some gucci etc ...

but she wants a pam ... yea u hear me and at that a 44 mm pam she tried on one of mine and she has no problem wearing one even if imho a 44 mm looks way to big on her petite wrist ... all do she is tall and this might compensate a bit ... we will see i have an 112 from a fellow member on the way ...

Regards Laz

My wrist is 16 CM (6.2"), would this be too small for a 44mm (steel) watch?

Sorry I ment leather there! :D

My wristsize is also 17cm and 44mm PAMs on leather look great. I tried a 47mm once, but unfortunately that looked too silly on my wrist. Bear in mind that 44mm chronos look bigger than the plain models.

Good luck!

Well your wrist is something bigger than mine, if you go 1 size smaller than 44, will it be 40 automatically? (ie there are no 42 PAMs?)

On a just under 6.25" or so wrist.

44mm65.jpg

And :p to POTR.

We got the same size wrist, altough not the same size arms haha, it does look good on you!

Welcome to rwg outlandos ;)

well its all about how u wear it in my book ... and if u feel comfortable with what u wear and the size ...

case and point i have just below 18 cm wrist and i feel oka with 44 mm pams i had also a destro 217 that i liked to take pictures of but did not wear that much couse of size ... still it did not look completely ridiculous here is a wrist shoot ... of the 217 ... 47 mm on my below 18 cm wrist.

DSC09016.JPG

as u can see looks kinda oka but still i found it just tad to big ...

the 44 is much more my size and comfort level here is a wristie of a 44 mm

NOW ... my gf asked me to get her a watch an i asked what she liked ... i was expecting answers like cartier ... datejust ... maybe some gucci etc ...

but she wants a pam ... yea u hear me and at that a 44 mm pam she tried on one of mine and she has no problem wearing one even if imho a 44 mm looks way to big on her petite wrist ... all do she is tall and this might compensate a bit ... we will see i have an 112 from a fellow member on the way ...

Regards Laz

I wish I had a 18cm wrist haha! :o Then 44mm seems to be the perfect size!

So I guess a 40mm would fit me better, any populair models in that size class?

Edited by outlandos

but she wants a pam ... yea u hear me and at that a 44 mm pam she tried on one of mine and she has no problem wearing one even if imho a 44 mm looks way to big on her petite wrist ... all do she is tall and this might compensate a bit ... we will see i have an 112 from a fellow member on the way

Here's a friend of mine wearing my pam. I think it looks great on her. She's completely hooked and she's trying to decide between a gen 112 or 98!!! :o:o:o

tinywristpam.jpg

My personal experience on my 17cm wrist:

40mm and 44mm fit nicely (40mm also in SS bracelet).

47mm fit when I am especially self-confident. :D

Whoa, self confidence makes your wrist bigger...is there anything it can't do?

Well, that's not my only body part that self confidence makes bigger... B)

(I know you were hearing it coming, doc! :lol: )

How strange...I find the opposite...it's the fiddy that gives me the false-confidence of 10 men. Much like vodka.

Uhm, it looks as we have to either define fit, or admit that fit is a subjective matter... :g:

(re: Hegel, Philip K. Dick, Watchowsky Bros) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest carlsbadrolex
Here's a friend of mine wearing my pam. I think it looks great on her. She's completely hooked and she's trying to decide between a gen 112 or 98!!! :o:o:o

tinywristpam.jpg

WHAT PAM???