When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little noobage fun.

robertb

Just another day in paradise noob.

2008MaySwimming001.jpg

Oh nooooooooooooooo noob!

2008MaySwimming017.jpg

Hey I'm still ticking noob!

2008MaySwimming024.jpg

Kid's everywhere noob!

2008MaySwimming037.jpg

Deep sea diving noob.

2008MaySwimming038.jpg

Climbing watermelon falls noob.

2008MaySwimming047.jpg

Almost there noob!

2008MaySwimming058.jpg

Daddy I'll keep the water from going on your watch! Oh no, that won't be necessary son.

2008MaySwimming059.jpg

Search and rescue noob.

2008MaySwimming077.jpg

2008MaySwimming111.jpg

Football jock noob.

2008MaySwimming091.jpg

Bubble noob.

2008MaySwimming095.jpg

Pretending you're dead at the bottom of the pool noob.

2008MaySwimming107.jpg

Hazardous objects falling from the sky noob.

2008MaySwimming118.jpg

Above water shot noob.

2008MaySwimming135.jpg

Underwater I'm too sexy shot noob.

2008MaySwimming136.jpg

Last but not least.... icy cold watermelon eating noob.

2008MaySwimming145.jpg

Hope you enjoyed all of the noobage... as you can see, I have way too much time on my hands. :D

Great shots Robert!!!

The Noobmariner cases seem to be generally very tightly sealed. I recall Neil took a few of his reps to a hot sauna/steamroom once, and the Noob was the only replica that survived without problems. But then again what did you except... it's a Rolex. :D

A quick question!

Did you do some additional waterproofing of the noob or did you go diving with the the price tag on it!

Its very important for me because I am looking for a summer pool watch and I dont want to risk my ORIS CC with it!

R

I never trust anything with the tag on it. I greased the caseback seal, crown tube seal, and the crown seal. Took all of 2 minutes and now the watch is totally waterproof. I bought 3 noobs (1 for me and 2 to give away) and all three had loose casebacks from the factory. I hear the SSD and SSD V2 are waterproof from the factory, might want to look into one of those if you don't want to grease the seals yourself. Better yet, you can get a BK mariner which is a noob with Swiss movement that is modded, greased and tested. Here is a shot of my noob next to my SSD version 2.

052.jpg

A quick question!

Did you do some additional waterproofing of the noob or did you go diving with the the price tag on it!

Its very important for me because I am looking for a summer pool watch and I dont want to risk my ORIS CC with it!

R

EuroTimez say they ensure and test their watches are Waterproof. They make a big deal of their QC process.

EuroTimez QC process

Has anyone put any of their watches to the water test ?

The watches coming from china (in thailand I don't got the proper equipment, but I can assure the noobs are waterproof for swimming after silicon grease job, hadn't had one fail yet)

From china, all non chrono watches....

All undergo a waterpressure test till 50m --from now there is also a sticker on the watch when it passes the 50m test--- (only NON CHRONO WATCHES, chrono watches wouldn't make sense as their usually only 30m water resistant). It goes into a dry watercompression, all rubbers gets silicon grease and if you open the case back you will see it is marked by my watchmaker that it passed QC.

Hope this helps.

When I am on vacation, I see people looking at me as if to say, "What is that geezer doing taking photos of his watch?"

My family laughs at me, but it is all good.

Very nice photos BTW