When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Zigmeister blasted me and blocked me a year or so ago for referring to a lume job on a cousteau as sloppy because of the limitations of the human hand vs machine. (not a personal comment but a comment toward hand vs machine lume)

I have always went out of my way to say how his work is TOP notch and his contribution to the community is AMAZING.

I apologize for that other comment and have in the past because maybe it sounded harsh.

but...

I agree with the others about the fact that he also runs a business here. Every six months or so he "takes a break" because he does not like the aspects of the community.

Most people are afraid to say anything because he will block you for ANY comment disagreeing with anything he says. I have spoken privately with many members that are afraid to say anything to the contrary to him.

I have already lost any chance of getting work done by him at this point so I will say this freely.

The Zigmeister, the work you do is fantastic but i think this community is also fantastic. You are invaluable to the community with your expertise. There may be some scammers as there are everywhere but all and all it is a great group with a great sense of honesty and character. You are making money and enjoying yourself doing it by working on mostly illegal items. I think under those circumstances you have it pretty good here and have the respect of everyone on the board.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from The Zigmeister today and I now understand the differences we had on the "blocking" was more of a misunderstanding.

I apologize for any negative comments I have made on this issue and hope he continues to serve the board with knowledge and skills in the future.

chad

The Zigmeister blasted me and blocked me a year or so ago for referring to a lume job on a cousteau as sloppy because of the limitations of the human hand vs machine. (not a personal comment but a comment toward hand vs machine lume)

I have always went out of my way to say how his work is TOP notch and his contribution to the community is AMAZING.

I apologize for that other comment and have in the past because maybe it sounded harsh.

but...

I agree with the others about the fact that he also runs a business here. Every six months or so he "takes a break" because he does not like the aspects of the community.

Most people are afraid to say anything because he will block you for ANY comment disagreeing with anything he says. I have spoken privately with many members that are afraid to say anything to the contrary to him.

I have already lost any chance of getting work done by him at this point so I will say this freely.

The Zigmeister, the work you do is fantastic but i think this community is also fantastic. You are invaluable to the community with your expertise. There may be some scammers as there are everywhere but all and all it is a great group with a great sense of honesty and character. You are making money and enjoying yourself doing it by working on mostly illegal items. I think under those circumstances you have it pretty good here and have the respect of everyone on the board.

Rob, thanks again for all the great work you have done for me. I have learnt a great deal about servicing and repairing watches from you and it has only gone to making me enjoy this hobby more.

People need time away from their "addictions" every now and then. Enjoy your time away - don't think about anything horological for as long as you can...and I hope you'll be back refreshed when you are ready.

Enjoy the summer.

Tom.