When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.... for all those who have not yet had the opportunity to own a ziggified piece like i have the opportunity to.... well, i feel badly that you may not have that opportunity...

I think it is important for others to realize that we have very limited but valuable resources in this hobby... we should cherish them and respect the knowledge and abilities they have...

hopefully i stay out of the spam group!

here's one of mine.... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=72621

When a hobby becomes a pain, I agree, it's better to step backward and think. Wise decision, which we are all led to take once.

I too find the overal atmosphere has gotten worse, even if I'm optimistic and feel it can only turn better again.

The main problem is the excess of confidence of both modders and customers. There's no diploma in this field (rep modding)... Reputation is the only thing we can rely on. And what makes a reputation ?

Take care.

I only own one watch that you took care of Ziggy.

And that watch is not only perfect visually but also runs like a charm.

Better than any of my other watches, including gens.

I have owned various watches from the so called "modders".

My experience is that none of the watches that the "modders" sent back to me were decent.

Yes, I agree with you, I have been scammed. Truly scammed.

There are two exceptions though.

But I cannot name the guys as I promised to stay quite about their work.

Actually they do not look for work and dollars.

They love to do what they do to our watches, that's it.

I sincerely think it's a loss for RWG that you do not deal with the "public" anymore, but I really understand your point of view.

People wanting everything right away and possibly without spending time and money to get it are just ruining the hobby.

Not even mentioning those who thread crap or send ridiculously uneducated PM to offer a 100$ for a watch that you paid 350.

As Joe says:

'Experts know more and more about less and less,

Until eventually they know everything about nothing'

One more thing: some of the mods and long term members pointed your sence of jsutice to me a while ago.

And, yes, for everyone reading this: "trust Ziggy when he says Flav or RBJ" are BSh*ters.

He is in no way looking to get all the business for himself as you can notice here.

Kind regards,

Stephane

My Link to a Ziggy watch: Panerai Daylight 196: Ziggyfied, Gen 7753, Chief AR,...

All the best, The Zigmeister.

I know some of the recent AR runs caused a lot of hassle for you and Jennifer, and I, too, contributed a bit to the mayhem. Just know that the two watches you serviced and lumed for me are cherished and admired all the more for the personal care that they received from you.

Do what you need to maintain balance in your life. Like the great majority of members, I look forward to your continued contributions to the board, even if on a less frequent, more regulated basis.

The Zigmeister,

Even though your inbox is perpetually full and contacting you is impossible - let me just say that I've always had great respect for you and your steadfast adherence to honesty and truthfulness. There are a lot of individuals in this world who use less than ethical tactics to gain a quick buck, and it is clear that you are not one of them. Your advice and contributions to this forum have always been one of the main reasons I have chosen to call this my internet replica family, and the mere fact you were able to be a part of this requires me to extend a sincere thank you to yourself for volunteering the time and effort to make this a better place.

Good luck with everything my friend.

Hey Zigs.

Lots of entitlement abounds. I appreciate the great work you have done for me. Unfortunately, your services here ceased to be a privilege for some and became a commodity to be demanded. I'll always appreciate the fantastic work you did on my "wrongway B" Navitimer...I'm not sure how you did it to this day.

I hope you can continue to give back not just your skill, but your integrity to your craft in a way that is satisfying.

CK

Allthough I do not know you personally, I think you took a wise decision. I know a lot of dutch members which are among your longtime customers and they all praise your work.

But when that work/addiction causes stress, you have to step back..

Hope you will get your old feeling back.

Take care

Capice

Completely understand The Zigmeister and all the best to you. I don't have to know you in person to know what type of person you are. I can easily tell that from what others have to say about you and from reading your posts.

I have to say I'm very dissapointed that I'm not on your previledged list as I'd love to have some work done by you. I can hope though...

I didn't know how to or if I should even bring this up, but I too have been done wrong by a well-known modder who comes highly recommended. I didn't want to shake the boat so I've remained slient, but... I sent a modder two watches one new and one in need of some work. I sent a total of $550 USD and this modder had my watches for a month. During this time I was told all the work that was being done to my watches. Well when I got them back, one of them had lume that came out of the numerals and some of the supposed work was never done. :(

Unfortunately, it seems that I can't seem to get any breaks in the rep world as I've yet to have any luck. I'll digress as this probably isn't the place.

The Zigmeister I sincerely hope that one day I'l have the previledge to have you work on any of my watches, gen or rep.

The one thing about my pieces that I can count on for exellence is and has been Ziggy's work on them...

I have long since accepted that no matter what condition they arrive at out of the box they will not be 100 % until i mail them off to Canada.

Having experienced Flavs work or lack thereof at a very high price .. and being dragged through the coals on the board after he accused me of trying to Blackmail him.. when what was read on my PM was after trying to reason with the man about my non functioning watch ... and yes I lost my Temper.... i am sure there are still members who are upset about it... that the truth came out through pics of the work that destroyed my 029 and that Ziggy spent hours on and then ultimately had to start over with a new dial and hands.

I have projects back that I don't post or even put up on the wrist checks.. I don't want to get caught up in the "can you top this?" ... attitudes.. etc.. .. so I enjoy the mods for my own satisfaction... maybe in time I will post more of Ziggy's magnificent work .. he has been the heart and soul of this forum... and his informational threads cannot be found anywhere else..

for me it has been and alway's will be ... quality and not how much time or post anyone has.. I guess the Forum is evolving ..

Thank you Ziggy for your up front honesty.. i alway's say whats on my mind ... better that then BS then take jabs in someones back..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Well The Zigmeister i might have said something in the past which [censored] you off somehow eventhough it wan't my intention.

I respect your decision and good luck but i do wish you are still hanging around this fourm so others can benefit from your expertise.

Unless, someone in this forum have dealt with me or know me before and would like to recommend me to you.

Best of Luck.

I hope that I'm not in your spam list.. ;) ...and take care of my baby SFSO.. :D :D

I have just one watch from you for the moment...my Breitling BB : full relumed and serviced..

An excellent job done...it's my daily beater now

Good luck my friend and see you soon I hope

Enjoy your life

Ziggy -- like the song says, Don't worry, be happy.

There will always be charlatans who take advantage of innocent people. Nothing you or anyone else can do about that. Some of these lackluster wannabes can even make the best of honest craftsmen look bad through no fault of their own. But, Ziggy, YOU know you are good, ALL of the people you care about know you are good, so why fret the rest? RWG is still a great place to meet, discuss & advance our hobby. Please do not let the few (bums who take you for granted) keep you from the many (who appreciate you).

Having experienced Flavs work or lack thereof at a very high price ..

...i alway's say whats on my mind ... better that then BS then take jabs in someones back..

Lani, I like what you say here and will try to stick to it in the future.

Why not start with some cute photos of what I got back from Flav and need to send to a true artist?

FlavWork_01.jpg

FlavWork_03.jpg

FlavWork_02.jpg

FlavWork_04.jpg

Oh, of course, it is possible to take a nice photo too...

Panerai1950Project_AfterHandsFuc-1.jpg

Why not start with some cute photos of what I got back from Flav and need to send to a true artist?

Panerai1950Project_AfterHandsFuc-1.jpg

Stephane & All -- It seems to me that if you receive work back like this, you should (as always) 1st take it up with the modder (or seller, in the case of an unsatisfactory new purchase). Then, if the modder is unwilling (or unable) to make the work right, you should post a couple of good, clear pictures (like this 1) along with a clear & succinct description of the exact work requested, exactly what work was done & the problem that resulted from that work. And I hope the mods do not mind my suggesting that these types of complaints (where there is clear & undeniable photographic proof) be posted in the brand forums where large numbers of interested members will actually see them (instead of the comments sections, where complaints may not be read by the next member looking to have some mods done). It only takes a couple of bad comments posted about a modder before that modder's business will grind to an abrupt halt (as it should).

Accidents can & do happen to the best of us. But when they happen repeatedly to the same modders, that is a pattern & not a mistake. And it just seems to me that things are out of hand when Ziggy has to post complaints about ongoing problems like this that are getting to him.

Ah, Freddy, what can I say.

I was a too young member and very fortunate one as some great people here helped me solve my Fiddy problem.

I eventualy would have post it but then Flav proposed to send me a 112 for free allthough he said that the problem(s) was coming form the shipping.

Well the super lume wasn't applied by the post office though.

The way I felt is: "ok, very bad work, lot of money, but my pal fixed it and I have a nice Fiddy now"..."After all Flav is a good guy as he sends me a free watch".

But nobody I went to, to share my point of view agreed. Everyone said "you should let it know".

Still, I was (and some how still am) thinking there is enough drama on our beloved board.

So I suffered in silence.

And indeed, I should have post about that issue as the work is not only bad, it is horrible and not finished (pin not resolved in example).

In those times, I was looking at Ziggy's multiple warnings and posts like being a little to "dramatic"

Now, of course, I fully agree with him.

As I often say: one needs to learn and everyday is bringing a new amount of knowledge.

Let them know: don't try to f*ck me anymore, whoever you are, it will be publicly said, each time, as the community should be protected before spending 5 or 600

It is always tough to cast doubt on any member that has been here for a while and has some level of notoriety. I know exactly of what Zig is talking about. Its amazing how many friends a bad modder, a scamming dealer, or a misbehaving member can have, and how many people will ostracize you for speaking your mind. There are a lot of people in the forums that have not been here for long, or don't spend much time here, that think they know everything that goes on.

Sometimes you just turn a blind eye to it because its not worth the hassle.

Best wishes to you. I believe you have made the right decision. The life on the forums can be wild. I am sometimes almost scared about how involved and angry some people can be... After all, it is just about watches... dead items, no matter how nicely they tick. Every info about the "bad modders" are clearly visible for those who care to search... I was never in doubt about who was going to work on my watches... While it is a long way from aircraft technician to watch repair, it tells about technical know-how and attention to details. Those break-down articles is just amazing!

I am still impressed by the work you did on my watches. The beauty is in the details.. I love the simple facts like that you seems to take care to insert the crown/stem so that the logo on the crown aligns nicely when it is screwed down. :)

Good luck and enjoy the spring.

The Zigmeister,

I totally understand how you must feel. As I posted sometime back, I think anything you work on is exactly this: Pure Art. I also understand totally that an artist puts much more into anything he touches than someone just doing a job.

Hang in there, you have some true friends here.

Pure Art

IMG_1710.jpg

Respect is what i have to offer on the forums here. This hobby and its members are a close niched group. When someone like The Zigmeister offers impeccable modding services and time to this forum, he is a valuable asset to this community. When his time is wasted with incompetent members, why deal with them? So when he offers his time to me, the least i can do is respect him.

c

I was wondering why I hadn't seen The Zigmeister around for a while...Been missing your informative posts but real life always comes first before the internet.

As always I wish you and your partner the best of health and come back to the forum when you're refreshed and fired back up.

p.s Stephane that is the shoddiest work I've ever seen...Really embarrassing.