When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi The Zigmeister,

I have been off doing other things but just surfed RWG tonight and came across your post. Thankfully, you did two Panerais for me a while back and I loved the work. Hopefully, you still have my email so I am not on your spam list! Anyway, I think there enough good people out there to make it all worth your while. Andrew in LA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.. me too.. i'd like to thank you for all the great work that you've done for me.. so far all the watches that have been sent to you have came back much better.. and i've never had 1 single glitch or miscommunication while working with you.. and until today you're my only preferred modder.. so i hope you as well dont put me in your spam list :).. thanks alot rob.. and i foremost want to thank u for looking after our back (even if these ppl dont appreciate it).. id like to thank you :D

and yeah i wish u have a great summer with J.. :D and i'm looking forward to do more business with u in the future rob :)

Edited by arminvanbuuren

If your going just go, have fun, The Zigmeister has had more come backs than Tyson, on this forum. Every 3 to 4 months he leaves and comes back. He started this thread ( riding off into the sunset, 2 more posts since he said bye ) and still he can't relax just go away and have a rest with your partner come back when your ready. I like learning not modding. HAVE SOME FUN.

His movement reviews and basic watch info are still in the Wiki-section. Only the 'How To' manuals have been removed already months ago.

I was asking that in the sprit of sharing and helping out the forum that he restore them.

Just a request, no need to flame me, I just think it is a huge shame for such information to be lost due to the actions of a few individuals

Edited by roflwaffle

Hey Rob,

Grab the keys and just go, sometimes you need to get away to get perspective on things...I often find I need to take off on a roadtrip or on a flight for a weekend just to sort through things in business and in life...just got back from a San Diego and Baja Mexico trip. It's a shame that new and old members do not realize not only the amazing services that Rob offers, but his experience and true passion for watches which we benefit from.

I appreciate all you have done for us, and continue to selectively do for us. All my projects that you have worked on for me have been top notch, and even though I walked away from reps and concentrated on gens, what has me back to doing projects are the amazing members, the insight and talents that are offered that allows us to pursue our hobby...and I thank you.

Grab your amazing partner in crime(jen) and enjoy some time off, the world will not stop, watches will be waiting, but your enjoyment of participating in whatever capacity you choose will be there when you're ready. I wish you well, and if you hit the road and keep going all the way to San Francisco, I will put my fellow Canadian girlfriend hard at work mixing cocktail after cocktail! :victory:

bestest!!!

dave

p.s. been sipping on a few tequilas tonite, a Centinella 7 year, a Reserva de la Familia and a Cabo Uno tonite...I still have a wonderful bottle of Partida Elegante Extra Anejo to send up to The Zigmeister for his and her "relaxation" time. Is anyone going up to Canada from the states that can accept a package then ship out to Rob? I'm coming up on an extra year it's collecting dust, and aging in the bottle isn't the same as aging in the barrel.:victory:

Good to see you around - even if it is brief. I do hope you will stop by occasionally over the summer. Enjoy those bikes.

And in spite of your ongoing distress of questionable services being offered by questionable people do not lose sight of the fact that raising these issues here has had an important impact on the membership. Those folks no longer offer their "services" here sparing unsuspecting folks the pain of a bad experience. Quite simply, you have done what you can do. You can't fix the whole world - only ours. And yes I certainly understand the referral approach to future work. Then again that is easy for me to say. :lol:

Totally understandable response from the Zigmeister. The vileness and duplicitousness of (some) of human kind never ceases to amaze and disappoint me. He must be well and truly sick of doing an honest job only to be cheated and abused by some of the excrement that finds their way to him and expects him to offer the World for nothing.

From a personal point of view I think I'm stuffed. I've not yet used his services so now I won't be able to. In the past I have only bought some of the more expensive reps on the basis that when they inevitably go wrong I will know where to send them. Over the past few days I've spent many hours trying to narrow down which reps to buy next. Ultimately, the fact that I was contemplating buying high end reps at all was influenced to a considerable extent because I knew that there was no danger of ending up with an expensive paperweight. With The Zigmeister no longer available I am going to have to re-think my prospective purchases. I will probably end up buying something cheap and basic, either with a motor that I can easily swap out myself if it fails or that won't be be a disaster if I get limited use out of it. More likely, I might not even bother now unless I go for a safe quartz.

I think that I would have to be a mug to buy something up to $600 with no QC and which I will have no means of satisfactorily repairing. Without being overly dramatic, Rob's departure could have a serious effect on our hobby for many of us.

p.s. been sipping on a few tequilas tonite, a Centinella 7 year, a Reserva de la Familia and a Cabo Uno tonite...I still have a wonderful bottle of Partida Elegante Extra Anejo to send up to The Zigmeister for his and her "relaxation" time. Is anyone going up to Canada from the states that can accept a package then ship out to Rob? I'm coming up on an extra year it's collecting dust, and aging in the bottle isn't the same as aging in the barrel. :victory:

I'm in SF in June remember? :p

Enjoy your break, working a day job and then on watches can become a chore at times.

Enjoy the weather and the bikes and hope to see the odd post :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Rob,

"Time waits for no man." Although you certainly have improved it for many.

kick back, relax, and disconnect from this! If you don't enjoy it, and you don't have to, don't do it anymore!

Thats me shooting myself in the foot with you, because i've not got a single watch of mine to you in the year i've been here. :lol:

So be it. You've taught me much. Thank you. Go's without saying, hope to see you (happily) back here.

ive sent The Zigmeister a couple watches.. he rebuilt the slowbeat ETA on my MBW DRSD and the dial on it was also done by him previously. Watch keeps perfect time and running smooth!

dizz

I was asking that in the sprit of sharing and helping out the forum that he restore them.....I just think it is a huge shame for such information to be lost.

No you weren't. You were trying to point out some sort of hypocrisy, as if removing how-to's violates "the spirit of sharing" 1/10th as much as trying to sell a damaged, asian-movement-descrobed-as-swiss watch for $40 more than the cost of a new one.

The currently operating modders on other boards undoubtedly share your deep concern for the free exchange of knowledge and I bet will happily provide you free of charge with a step by step how-to so you can DIY any service they offer.

Yea, my point was, for someone who advocated 'helping out and sharing info with the forum' it seems rather a strange move to pull all his tutorials, regardless if it was months ago or yesterday. I was asking that in the sprit of sharing and helping out the forum that he restore them.

Just a request, no need to flame me, I just think it is a huge shame for such information to be lost.

It's actually not lost. Those of us who've read it have it upstairs.... And FWIW, as RWG Member 11010 having just joined a few months back, you can not and do not understand why these articles were removed in the first place. So your not so subtle inference is not only spurious but also out of line.

-Chief

It's actually not lost. Those of us who've read it have it upstairs.... And FWIW, as RWG Member 11010 having just joined a few months back, you can not and do not understand why these articles were removed in the first place. So your not so subtle inference is not only spurious but also out of line.

-Chief

I wasn't 'inferring' anything. I was saying it point blank. A great reference and addition to this site is gone. Full stop. He is free to do with his content as he choses (many forums have a 'posts submitted become property of said forum, but not this one), and I am free to respectfully ask that he reconsider (or apparently I am not).

As I've said before, I wish Zigg the best.

Edited by roflwaffle

Rob,

First and foremost have an amazing summer. Second, I want to publicly thank you for the unreal level of kindness, understanding, and humanity that you and Jen exhibited before, during, and after my transaction with you. It was a hard time for me and my family, and the little hick-ups that I caused during my appointment seemed so big to me, but through it all, both you and Jen were so amazing and worked so hard to put everything back in order. Your actions and words really helped me. I cant call you a friend (yet), but I can say that there are a few people in this world that I have dealt with that can approach the level of customer service. Oh, and the work you did on the watch? it has left me speechless...

So to Rob, and Jen, have an amazing summer, and as was said, rubber side down.

Best Regards,

M

oh and a shameless plug of my first ziggified masterpiece...

DSCN8342.jpg

I wasn't inferring anything. I was saying it straight up, but thanks for that. A great reference and addition to this site is gone. Full stop.

So, you are saying that new members to this forum have no say? They have no right to speak what is on their mind? Thank you for that clarification. I will keep that in mind for the future.

No, I'm not saying that new members have no say. I am saying no members except The Zigmeister have a say in what The Zigmeister does with The Zigmeister's articles, and that your assumptions were wrong and out of line. And I'm further saying that many of us have read The Zigmeister's tutorials and are still sharing what we learned from them on this forum. So the information is not lost. It is retained and dispersed to the forum through the membership.

I'm in SF in June remember? :p

Slai, send me a PM! I had spaced it, been so busy with several work and personal projects. I look forward to see in this coming month...and emancipating this bottle of relaxation for Rob and Jen. :victory:

Hope you and J enjoy your well earned break The Zigmeister! I emailed you about something but if I recall I think the email has changed from last year when you did a little bit of (truly outstanding!) work for me. If you ever read this and WHENEVER you have the time, or indeed if someone could mail The Zigmeister for me, it would be great!

Hi Zig,

I understand where you are coming from. I hope throughout the years, of all the pieces that I have sent you, they have not caused too much grief for you. The ones that I can remember is the IWC GST SS, and the JLC RDM. I still cannot believe that you are able to do your normal 8 to 5, and then do some work for the other forum members, to writing tutorials for the forum. All those pictures taken and all the typing, I really don't know how you find the time! And we all owe you some thanks, whether anyone had actual interaction with you. You have contributed a lot to this forum. It's just sad that the unfortunate reality that there are some bad apples can ruin it for us, but I just call it selective customer base, that is all. Less headache for you to deal with. It's just a necessary evil to implement. That is all. Several of my watches will miss you dearly over the summer, but hope to see you in the fall. Have some fun taking time off with J, like others have said.....you certainly deserve it.

The Zigmeister

All teh best ofcourse....

But one question..... We talked about servicing my Chopard earlier. You told me you were busy and that I had to contact you end May/ beginning of June.

I just wanted to send you a PM but that bounced back. Please add me to your whitelist since my chopard really needs the The Zigmeister Treatment!!

hannibal