When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Omega! I am not happy!

xslyyx

Hello out there.

After several of replica watches I decided to buy an Gen omega seamaster.

I bought the quartz version.

BUT let me tell how disapointed i was after feeling the watch. I must say that the replica watches I have in my opinion have much more quality and feels really good compare to the genuine.

The only thing I really liked with my omega seamaster quartz was the AR glas. ....Thats it

SO i will sell my watch on ebay or some other site and continiue to buy myself swiss made replica watches....

Just had to tell this.....

First let me say that to even consider comparing a rep to a gen is a little bit silly. The gen will always be of a much higher quality. I do see how you could be disappointed with the weight and feel of the entry level watch that you bought however. When you compare it to the near perfect rep of a $5000 to $10000 watch, it will definitely feel lighter and less substantial. Having a quartz movement will make the gen feel lighter. But, make no mistake about it, the gen watch is made to a much higher standard than our reps will ever achieve. I feel the same way and will likely never be able to afford a gen that has enough substance to make me happy. So I'll stick with reps until I hit the lottery ;)

I have also a gen SMP (auto) and could not be happier. I cannot agree that the reps feel any better in the hand as the Omega Seamaster is well reknowned for being a robust and quality watch. As for the AR crystal.......the internal coating doesn't make all that much difference....are you sure you weren't duped and sold a rep with AR coating?

I am so far a happy owner of Omega SMP Titanium too. I owned a white gold bezel SMP previously, all with automatic movement cal 1120. I would say that the quality is definitely much better than the reps (Omega) and for the price, I can't complain about it. Paid the WG for less than 1000USD(mint) and the Ti for 1200USD (mint).

I have three gen Seamasters and a gen Speedmaster. If I could find a rep that could compare I would sell the gens and pocket the coin. All the reps I have felt had flaws that stood out when wearing, they looked different, they felt different, etc.

• 1 month later...
I've got a Gen Quartz TH Aquaracer and compared to some of my reps in terms of weight, there is no comparison...but my QAR is a much more solid watch in terms of performance, WR, quality of materials, attention to detail, lume etc...etc...etc...No comparison

AMEN to the above!

I will say this: I have a modded UPO that feels every bit as high quality as some of my gen watches, and I'm including the genuine PAMs in this comparison. I think that reps (some of them, anyway) have come quite a long way.

All that said, I'm surprised at your general impressions of the genuine watch that you have. I've never been really disappointed with any of mine, more impressed w/ the reps -- if any of that makes sense.

Some reps are close to gen quality but a gen will always be a gen. My gen speedy doesn't have any of the nagging small issues of my reps (and some are very small but they are still there). I think that is the difference, you don't have to compromise on the gen.

I have a genuine mid size electrice blue Seamaster professional watch, just like the review of the full size watch here: http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/seamaster/bluesmp.html

It is perfect, and by that I mean the dial hands and crystal are totally flawless. Not a mark or spec of anything that should not be there, even under a loupe...

Replicas do not even come close to that level of craftsmanship. You would need to be longsighted, needing reading glasses not to be able to see the quality difference :)

I must add that I would never buy a quartz watch, rep or genuine. It's all about the mechanical automatic movements for me......

Cheers! B)

No offence ,... really this must be the dumbest topic ever and that's saying quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about your experience with gen quartz....ive found that a lot of quartz watches are light and flimsy feeling....thats why I dont like em....

One thing for sure....you bought a looooooong lasting watch....wont have any issues with that one for sure....fine quality....

I only have one quartz that I am satisfied with....Seiko....very solid and accurate....

SNA225P1

DSC00024.JPG

No offence ,... really this must be the dumbest topic ever and that's saying quite a bit.

I dont think its dumb....the guy just shelled out a bundle of dough for a gen Omega and hes dissapointed....wanted to share his experience....

I wouldnt keep it to myself either....