When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Need Help To Choose My 1st Genuine Pam

V

WHat do you prefer?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. from the following?

• 111H
    • 112H
    • 000 Base logo
    • 005 logo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

112. I got the 111I even tho I love the 112. Simply because I need the second hands. 112 has a cleaner look and having held the base in my hands, I must conclude that 112> 111. 112 is def. high on my list.

Good luck.

I've seen a good deal for a 219 which will be IDEAL... Destro, only 500 produced, BASE etc...

Only problem is that I must buy from AD with a credit card and if i find it it will be overpriced.

I seldom see a BNIB 219 go less than USD$4000 in P forums and I reckon it would def. be much higher in ADs.

Can never go wrong with 112 if you are in for a base model and looking for a reasonably priced pam. Unless you are crazy for a destro, my advice - 112. A good alternative. I never stop thinking about 112 ever since I laid my hands on it. It is simply gorgeous, more so than a 111 IMO.

As for destros, I feel that they tend to sit funny on my wrist due to the CG.

I have decided to go either 112 or 219.

I am just thinking of Destro that being only 500 it will keep its value. I dont have a problem to wear it on my right hand.. its just a matter of availability and cost that will make me decide.

But to tell you the truth I was between 111 and 112.

The big minus of the 111 is that there are many out there, it is less beautiful than the 112, produced in more pieces than the 112 BUT it has COSC.

I seldom see a BNIB 219 go less than USD$4000 in P forums and I reckon it would def. be much higher in ADs.

Can never go wrong with 112 if you are in for a base model and looking for a reasonably priced pam. Unless you are crazy for a destro, my advice - 112. A good alternative. I never stop thinking about 112 ever since I laid my hands on it. It is simply gorgeous, more so than a 111 IMO.

As for destros, I feel that they tend to sit funny on my wrist due to the CG.

If I had to go for a SS case, it would definitively be a Base. But I don't like the sandwich dials. Why don't you look for a LNIB 112G. Wouldn't be too hard to find and would probably be a bit cheaper then a 112H.

I'm still saving for a 177G, my ultimate Pannie.

Good luck and enjoy your future Panerai!

If I had to go for a SS case, it would definitively be a Base. But I don't like the sandwich dials. Why don't you look for a LNIB 112G. Wouldn't be too hard to find and would probably be a bit cheaper then a 112H.

I'm still saving for a 177G, my ultimate Pannie.

Good luck and enjoy your future Panerai!

I prefer sandwich dials.. They look cooler :p

The painted dials are too plain I guess...

Go for the 219. What is the payment method asked? If you wanted to buy something from the US, and were saving a significant amount, use that money to take a trip out there and pick it up and save on customs/import tax and VAT. If you have relatives out there, even better (I know there is a Greek town in Queens, NY and Toronto so ask your family :victory:).

005 if you can get a 005G with long arrow. (first 100 productions of 1000)

000 is amazing, historic and a classic base dial with OP logo.

Note: Both 005 and 000 will increase in production for the next few years.

Note: Both 005 and 000 do not have swan neck movements.

112H is definately my top of the pick unless you need a second hands for your daily routine if this is going to be your beater.

111H - all time classic.

Note: Both 111 and 112 have swan neck movements. Hence the higher price over 000/005.

If I can I will count my coins to see if I can get the 219.

If not I will buy the 112H :D

@Ronnie: I don't have any relatives in the States unfortunately, and the guy who is selling it is in SIngapore :)

• 4 months later...
I would go 111, but G. I'm not a fan of the Sandwich dials on the Luminors. They look great on the Rads, though.

So, out of your picks, do the 111. It's so satisfying to look at the innerworkings through the display back...

This is a bit late, but I just found this post and have been deciding myself between the 111H or G and the G without the sandwich dial is what I chose and just ordered, as it seems to have a cleaner look to my eye. It seems that I am in the minority here but, I think the G is a classic that is underrated.

I have a genuine pam000 and after wearing it, all other pams (my reps) look too busy.............Everyone i know that gets into pams end up wanting and or getting a pam000 eventually no matter what they get first......Its a poor mans 201A.........The lines on a pam000 are the best in my book..........Who really needs a second hand? + that logo is nice........Also, after the recent price jump.....The 000 is the only one thats still somewhat affordable.........If not the 000 then the 112 but the 000 rocks my world.............Whatever you get, none of these reps really compare to the real thing....(that does'nt mean that i dont have 12 rep pams i love and still wear time to time).........I sure hope all the pam000 gushing helps make your mind up..............Good luck, Wan

This is a bit late, but I just found this post and have been deciding myself between the 111H or G and the G without the sandwich dial is what I chose and just ordered, as it seems to have a cleaner look to my eye. It seems that I am in the minority here but, I think the G is a classic that is underrated.

Just to let you know that there is someone in RWG who bought a genuine 111H and then sold it and got the 112H.. and he prefers the BAse much much more than the 111....

Well I have to choose one from the four. I prefer the Base better, they are cheaper but they don't have COSC.

I prefer sandiwch dials better but the logos are cool...

HELP!!!!!! :lol:

Having owned them all (the real ones - not reps) - I can tell you this: buy the one YOU like. There's no point anyone else telling you what to buy.

If you prefer the base - then buy the base. Don't worry about the lack of a COSC - it means nothing anyway. Me - I prefer the 111 or 005 - because I like the second hand. I like seeing that the watch is running, etc.

The 112 or 000 are really nice watches too. just depends if you want a logo on it or not. I personally like the logo on the dial. Do you? No point running a poll if you want a logo, etc.

They are all great watches and no matter what you get you can't go wrong. I found that once I owned one - I wanted more and more - and just kept selling or ttrading, trying different things until I found one I like. I ended up with an 87 - because I liked the size.

Good luck!