When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Breitling Cosmonaute D12020

M5Man

Should I sell my Gen Brietling?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should I sell it?

• Yes, get rid of it and buy reps!
    • No way, are you crazy?

I have a gen Breitling Cosmonaute SS with 18k bezel and a 7 link pilot 18k/SS bracelet. It is a gorgeous piece, very minty, amazing movement (Lemania 1877) but pricey. With all of the new amazing reps coming out (187, etc) I am tempted to sell it to fund other purchases. It's worth about $3000-$3500 on the market. Should I sell it and grab 10 or so nice reps or just hang on to it?

if you're tired of this breitling sell it, but buy an other gen! a gen omega speedmaster for example.

i think that selling a gen to buy ten reps is not a good idea.

Thats exactly my fear, that I will regret selling my gen for reps.

77412-31195.jpg

here's one i owned a long time ago, before they screwed them up. (made them autos) I paid around $2200 for it from my ad. Came on a beautiful shark strap with deployant. Juan has this pic archived over on TZ. I really regret selling it, you probably will also. I just don't see the logic in selling a nice gen to buy more reps. I love my reps and see them as a perfect hold over while i save for another gen.

in time,

thom

ps. for all you mommas babies who cried about my avatar to admin, i am sorry... :p

77416-31193.jpg

here's one i owned a long time ago, before they screwed them up. (made them autos) I paid around $2200 for it from my ad. Came on a beautiful shark strap with deployant. Juan has this pic archived over on TZ. I really regret selling it, you probably will also. I just don't see the logic in selling a nice gen to buy more reps. I love my reps and see them as a perfect hold over while i save for another gen.

in time,

thom

ps. for all you mommas babies who cried about my avatar to admin, i am sorry... :p

Thanks Thom, looks very similar to mine. Same movement and mine is also a manual. I love the fact that it is the last of what I consider the true cosmonautes. I think you are right about hanging on to it though - and in time it should appreciate in value. I think the bracelet on mine is about $2200 new. THanks for your help, I think my decision is made. I'll just buy the reps that I want little by little.