When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN Pam 240 Candid Review

gavidoc

It looks to me that we are getting fooled by pictures, it does not matter what pictures he showed to you if at the end he will send you a different watch. pictures are irrelevant and can be from another watch that he already sold.

Is all about the money

When did anyone with, an eye for detail, last get a good quality product from DSN?

I know that you say that the CG lever is floppy and a bit iffy in its slot but can you show us what the CG lever looks like in the open position? In other words, how well finished is the part of the lever that's hidden when it's shut but you can see when it's open? Any chance of a macro shot?

I guess I has been lucky when I bought my Fiddy ( swiss swanneck movement ! ) from Silix because he send a picture of exactly the watch that he send to me BEFORE he send it to me ( I know because I had looked at lots of differnt things that "matched" the watch I got !

And I also got a picture ( of the superlumed hands/dial for my Fiddy from Angus ( at least as bright as the original ! ) BEFORE he has send it to me.

It looks to me that we are getting fooled by pictures, it does not matter what pictures he showed to you if at the end he will send you a different watch. pictures are irrelevant and can be from another watch that he already sold.

Is all about the money

'I find it hard to believe that anybody here is still drinking this brand of "Kool Aid"...

Why would ANYONE pay double what REPUTABLE dealers ask, to get such shoddy $hit!!!! <_< <_< <_<

Edited by frankt

'I find it hard to believe that anybody here is still drinking this brand of "Kool Aid"...

Why would ANYONE pay double what REPUTABLE dealers ask, to get such shoddy $hit!!!! <_< <_< <_<

I think that I was the first person to really stand up and say that his stuff is utter cr*p. Before I ever said anything on any of the boards I had bought from Davidsen and then offered to assist in improving his product but he wasn't interested. I've said for ages that his stuff is rubbish and it seems to be getting worse.

I have added a closeup of the lever in the first post. Notice how it is pretty rough on the underside which makes me wonder if these are cast and not machined. My 104 from ioffer has a smooth lever on the bottom.

Update to the issues:

David said he is willing to send me a replacement before I send mine back which is great. He wants me to hold off for 10 days as he said he is improving the model. Seeing as his improvements sometimes aren't what I would call "improvements" I've asked for clarification on what his improvements are going to be. If it is to the lever and crown guard then that is great.

I also bought this model....

Most looks ok on mine except the horrible horrible CG and lever. looks like they finish machined the lever with a chainsaw.

Another thing I noticed was the center pin for the hour/minutes hands sticks up too far from the hands where it should bealmost flush with a slight dome on top.

The lever doesn't fit in the CG properly, as it is so roughly finished that it scrapes on the inside of the cg and the action feels awful.

One other thing that bugs me about the CG is the lack of curvature on the top face of the CG to match the curve of the case... They do it on the steel models, why can't they do it on the Ti models?

Davidssen sent out a new CG/Lever to me a few days ago.

Not to discount that his QC is certainly less than the best, but I'd like to chime in here with a very positive report on my experience with DSN. Received my 240 only 5 days after ordering it and it was gorgeous out of the box. Yes there are some minor inaccuracies like the cannon pin not being quite flush and smooth like the gen, but that is a flaw only a dealer MIGHTdetect. Apart from that, the fit and finish are phenomenal. The watch does require a bit of personalized modding attention. i flushed the CG to the case using the excellent tutorial found on Darkside, and this worked like a charm. I also filed the insides of the lever to smooth it out and applied glue to the inside of the pin (which i filed down to look just like the gen as well), filed down the top of the CG to sit flush with the contour of the case and give it that nice downward slope away from the case. The dial is stunning, the date font is perfect, the lume is far better than passable (mere sunlight hitting it makes it glow like a torch when you go inside) and DSN should be commended for his willingness to tackle these watches that no other maker or dealer will approach. To get the strength of lume we get from his sausage dials is unatainable from any other dealer short of modding for much more cash. I say bravo for this offering and i'll be ordering more from him in the future. I've owned TWP, Josh and Angus PAMs and this piece has 5 times more of a gen feel than any of those pieces did. Pics to come in a few days.

Thanks for the indepth review and pictures , Such a shame that DSN's QC is letting him down. Because when they are good they are really good watches , but when he lets it slip they currently seem to be very poor indeed, hopefully your new crown guard will be an improved version.

hope things get corrected

ST

this is wat i've been affraid to send him money for the ultimate 112h ..welll..i think i would rather spend my money somewhere else.. why do you guys still want to "get lucky with him...if you know you dont get what you paid..stop ordering till his issue been really2 fix..for every watches...please ..don be fool..i know its your money..but with our attention ..we will stop all this crap for our community !!