When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebay watch: original Rolex 3035 movement

Chronus

If you have a full watchmakers or tool shop, you might be able to unbend/remanufacture all the parts and have a nice little 3035. But I would not spend more than $100-$200, tops, on a damaged movement like that. Most likely, it is a loss unless you have a good amount of free time & alot of tool-making skill & patience.

Too bad......I hate to see an otherwise clean Rolex movement totaled.

It looks like the whole movement is bent...perhaps beyond repair.

I reckon Nanuq went a little overboard in his ageing projects ;)

Either that or it's the movement from Rolex's blender ads :lol:

What idiot paid 255 pounds?? Given the damage I'd be surprised if there was a single part that was usable. Forget straightening the plates.. never going to happen no matter how hard you try.

The prices people pay for any old crap in any condition with a rolex logo are just getting stupid.

Looks like water damage....very HOT water damage....ruined the dial and warped the movement....was probably out of the case when it happened....

Good for parts only I imagine....

EDIT: After looking at it a little longer I can see that it was just prolonged heat exposure....set too close to the radiator for a long period of time....or sat next to something that got it really hot....melted the dial and bent the hands....warped the movement....

I agree. The amount of heat required to bend the pillar plate would have charred the dial/hands to oblivion. This thing suffered some type of blunt force trauma. It may have been worn by someone who was sitting at the point of impact during a high-speed automobile accident or plane crash.

I agree. The amount of heat required to bend the pillar plate would have charred the dial/hands to oblivion. This thing suffered some type of blunt force trauma. It may have been worn by someone who was sitting at the point of impact during a high-speed automobile accident or plane crash.

according to this italian site http://orologi.forumfree.net/?t=27826719&st=0

it seems that rolex in ginevra crushes calibers that are not genuine....because someone has replicated rolex calibers

Edited by pugliesotto

Yes .. very very interesting :g:

If it came from a crash site.. it's a little morbid....

Edited by Chronus