When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Milgauss 6541

Sherrington

usual suspects:

Michael Young- classicwatchparts.com in Hong Kong

ndtradingcorp.com- Natalie, don't know if she'll sell an insert separately

jewelryandwatch.com- don't know if Phong has this part

And you'll have to see if they are the correct insert- we noticed yesterday that NDTrading was selling a 5508 insert which had a little metal ring around the pearl- whereas the correct 5508 insert would be an all acrylic pearl.

Just want to steal some comments from the Rollie experts here on the 6541 - is T16 crystal and crown 24-600 correct for the Milgaus 6541?

Thanks.

Yes

But you could also use a 24-602 crown and tube- don't know how hard the early crown and tube are to find these days. T-16's are scarce and getting expensive- quite often $200-300.

Problem with the MBW 6541 has always been the crown/tube : case alignment - the crown is so far below the mid-axis it looks ridiculous.

I almost bought one myself last year but I couldn't get past that issue, so stuck with my modded thin Sub case 'Gaussy. Curious to know if there is a 'new' version so please post pics.

As for inserts, MY is your man ;)

Nanuq - you really are the resident Crack Pimp of Vintage Crystals aren't you? :lol:

@Doc

They have a name for me here in the Great White North. Loosely translated, it means "far-seeing funny man, keeper of the ever-open eye".

There are Inuit and Yup'iq all over Siberia and Alaska just waiting for me to release some of this vintage horde.

Oh, you didn't know about the Yup'iq and vintage Rolex?

And people think Tenzing Norgay was a coincidence... :whistling:

*snorts coffee out his nose*

Now THAT was good. :tu:

@Bertieng, sometimes it's nearly impossible to find a genuine Tropic crystal. Here's a tale of how I first came across my, um, stash of them. (I can hear Doc laughing right now).

The Elusive Tropic Crystal

Laughing yes.....at the staggeringly exaggerated creative licence used in that epic poem to cover up the REAL truth behind your good fortune.

Hmmm, it's strange but I haven't heard from A since that time. Apparently he was last seen at a bar with a large thickset man with dubious facial hair who called himself CrazeeSaleMan :g:

Stilty, aren't you thinking of the 5.3mm case tube which goes with the latest 6mm crown- the 24-603-0?

Case size for a 6541- maybe 38mm. OD of a T-16 is 30mm or so, and the bezel and insert- forget the OD of the insert but it's basically the same as the 5513- maybe 36.5mm.

No Alli, But I know the 1019 is fitted with a 5.3mm crown and not 6mm crown. I just don't know about the 6541 if it is 5.3 or 6.

only reason I ask about the MBW case, is if it is the same size as gen, otherwise you won't be able to fit any parts to it that are 1:1.

No Alli, But I know the 1019 is fitted with a 5.3mm crown and not 6mm crown. I just don't know about the 6541 if it is 5.3 or 6.

only reason I ask about the MBW case, is if it is the same size as gen, otherwise you won't be able to fit any parts to it that are 1:1.

Stilty the 1019 may be a Milgauss in name but is so far removed from being Rolex Sports, it's a bit of a joke. Shares nothing with it's predecessor the 6541 and that includes case, and yes crown size (6541 takes a 6mm twin). It was just a DJ for nerds who happened to work in magnetised environments :p

I know of one in existence that may surpass that - a certain Italian whose 6541 project started with casually finding (as you do)...a genuine case :drool:

Perhaps he will step up and post some pics? ;)

;)

the worst part i have is the classicwatch bezel insert.... this tells all....

on the left the good one... on the right the modded MBW (sold :( )

242102-9515.jpg

these are old pics... yes i know about the ugly bracelet... now there is another one...

242102-9516.jpg

under is the good one

242102-9517.jpg

under the MBW one (gone)

242102-9518.jpg

inside...

242102-9519.jpg

242102-9520.jpg

242102-9521.jpg

242102-9520.jpg

@Doc. Exactly! The only good solution is a Paul's Red Sub or GMT case with CGs ground off, to get the thin profile. Then you start fitting pieces together. And then it's too big in diameter.