When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage acrylic pearl

DIVANO

Ofrei has them & they just raised the price -- Illumines Dot for Bezel Insert $20.00

Do the ofrei "inserts with illumines dot" for vintage rolex have the same illumis dot as he sells seperatly? How are his inserts for vintage rolexs in general? The inserts that come with MBW look pretty good....very shiney Rolex like look but I do not know how close they are to gen. Anyone know?

Ok thanks and only ofrei has this pearls? Do they look like the gen? Ofrei dont has a picture in his online shop.

no not only ofrei has them.... i've bought some from a watchmaker supply store in my city...at the same cost...

these pearl don't seems to be like the old gen only cause the gen were fitted with tritium... that has different caracteristic

if you want to know how these "new" vintage pearl seem look at the white one on the UBI pic...

the only things you can do is to buy one of these...and mod this with coloured luminova or... if you are luky with a bit of radioactive tritium...

Pug what's WDM?

i'm looking arround... it seems that some gun shop can provide it... but i'm asking if it's a new time superluminova....

Tritium paint. It counts as Weapons of Mass Destruction in the US.

Here in Europe, it's a little easier, but I don't know anywhere that will wholesale Tritium Paint to the public.

Not sure if you can find them in Iraq...

Poland found plenty of them before anyone told them not to let the cat out of the bag on the French...

but, no one wants a cyclosarin pearl...

Wish I could find an old bottle of Radium paint....

Edited by POTR

I know of a recipe to make it from somewhat common items out there (somewhat common meaning somewhat easy to get your hands on).

Not exactly the cleanest process, but it can be done...

"i'm OT... i'm starting a new topic..." 2 ours ago....

"i liked to start a new topic about tritium.... "on editing our

Edited by klingsor

I hang around the nuclear medicine wing of hospitals & lick up the droppings as the patients are wheeled by.

To get back on topic, I think Ziggy's procedure of drilling out a bit of an Ofrei illume dot & filling it with colored lume to match an aged tritium pearl is probably the best (reasonable) option. With a bit of experimentation, you could probably achieve a tritium-looking pearl by heating the standard illume dot in an oven for a bit. But, personally, I think the standard Ofrei dot is accurate since this is essentially what the pearls look like that RSCs fit during a service.

Edited by freddy333

Hi Randy ..

it's a long time...

just a question...

do you find also now tritium?

i'm tired about luminova...and s-luminova...

i was trying to find some tritium in a foreing est country ...

do you have some idea?

M-

Long time since we last spoke. Hope you are doing well :)

Yes- I was able to source a couple of tritium pearls, but for a very high price. I ended up having to throw a few away- One was cracked, one was so dark in tone that it was unacceptable and the rest is what I have pictured, which I will be using in a few of my projects.

I am going to see if I can source a few more, but am somewhat doubtful that it will happen...

Good to hear from you!

R

M-

Long time since we last spoke. Hope you are doing well :)

Yes- I was able to source a couple of tritium pearls, but for a very high price. I ended up having to throw a few away- One was cracked, one was so dark in tone that it was unacceptable and the rest is what I have pictured, which I will be using in a few of my projects.

I am going to see if I can source a few more, but am somewhat doubtful that it will happen...

Good to hear from you!

R

thanks Randi

all is going well... hope the same for you...

thanks for the interest ...let me know for the pearl (looking for the one on the 5517)...

i was tring to build interest about Tritium, cause making franken with Luminova bring to a bad final result...

you know i make only hi profile franken ...but every time i want to refine a dial i must torture myself using superluminova....

the final result is fine ...but not the best i can reach...

i have had and used tritium on vintage dials ... but i've finished it from 5-6 years ago ( it was from my GF workshop...)

i know that tritium is used by gun manufacturer for the "night dot"

Edited by klingsor