When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quarter Finals Tomorrow

thomasng

Actually Admin I only just noticed the sig change..................did the Poms get done?

Ken

I gave up on them. I now really hope they don't win the World Cup because they have played nothing but ugly football since their first match against Paraguay anyways. Seeing an article where Eriksson said he doesn't care if they win by playing ugly football tore it for me. I just think they don't deserve to win the World Cup playing the way they did this time, and of course, that's a big "if" they win. I now hope Argentina will face off against Brazil and Argentina shall prevail! :D

Argentina - Germany: Two football giants and 1986 and 1990 finalists. Wins: 1-1 but 1990 championship was awarded to Germans by a dubious penalty.

I think it's Argentina's turn now. They're certainly the more talented team if you just look at the roster but never underestimate the Germans. I'm sure if they're tailing 0-2 Karl-Heinz Rummenigge comes out of somewhere and ties the game. ;)

Now what, Admin? Back to England? Italy?? Portugal??? Brasil???? Or how about France?????

I, too, was cheering for England early on, but they have been uninspiring. I have enjoyed Portugal, but they are down two key players. If they can get past England, I would cheer for them against the Brasil-France winner.

Unless I have a natural leaning toward one team or another (in my case Germany), I tend to cheer on the underdogs, so I hope Brasil gets bumped. I'm tired of Brasil this and Brasil that.... The media have been built them up because they are a good story. But there are other compelling teams in the tournament as well.

In order of preference for me as of Friday evening:

1) Germany

2) England

3) Portugal

4) France (tie)

4) Italy (tie)

6) Brasil

England has never won a penalty shootout in World Cup (and European Championship). I actually felt sorry for them...I'm sure the players felt the pressure of history in their shoulders.

How can it always go that way? Portugal goalie did pretty well though. :bangin:

My fiancee is Portuguese and I was afraid this was going to ruin our relationship. She called me just about an hour ago to rub it in my face. I accepted England's defeat, you can't blame Portugal, it was poor management and a fundamental miscalculation on Erkisson's part. He should have benched Lampard, who was more useless than a chocolate teapot during this whole World Cup. You can't blame C.Ronaldo for Rooney's sending off, you could say it may be a case of poor sportsmanship, but Rooney needs to keep his temper at bay, as pushing Ronaldo and probably saying a F word or two was the cause of his send off. He may have been able to get away with the stomping with just a yellow card.

Engerland are going home.......oh dear how sad......lovely boys....! :rolleyes:

A hard game and a tough adversary to Portugal. Penalties end is a king of lotery. But I think Portugal deserved to win