When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP 007 (new gen)

b16a2

I thought this may be of interest. A member over at TZ has posted his new 007 Bond SMP.

DSCF1134.jpg

Firstly I don't like the flat black dial.##The black bezel looks very nice on this watch, but why oh why didn't Omega use the patterned wave dial, it would have lifted the watch so much!

I think the raised markers and date window make it look cheap, and combined with that seconds needle, it is in my opinion a rather large disappointment.

What do you think, am I being rather harsh?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like, this must be the real alternative to the 16610 submariner.

This is the future of the seamaster, I'm sure that the 2254.50 "big markers" will be removed for this one, without the 007 logo on the seconds hands for sure...

Wait and see...

Saw this on Baselworld. Didn't really like the glossy dial on this piece. I own the "older" sword hand SMP with blue dial, Ti case, without coaxial movement. If it's my next genuine Omega purchase, it'll be either a Planet Ocean or Deville hour vision.

I actually don't mind it, but it almost seems like another make all together. If they'd try an alternative texture on the dial, rather than the wave or flat, it might look a little more legitimate. I like the box with it.

Not on my wish list just yet...but, we'll see.

Omega is stupid to put out all those "special edition" models. They created a classic with the original Bond Seamaster, so why fix something that ain't broken?

I don't like it, either. It's not a bad looking watch, but just an useless "duplicate" model, which doesn't look as good as the original. So the big question here is "why"?

Omega is stupid to put out all those "special edition" models. They created a classic with the original Bond Seamaster, so why fix something that ain't broken?

I don't like it, either. It's not a bad looking watch, but just an useless "duplicate" model, which doesn't look as good as the original. So the big question here is "why"?

Totally agree. Putting the 007 on the watch makes it look like a toy.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to an AD yesterday to have a look at the Aqua Terra's, I noticed in the window they had the black SMP but it was a quartz version with waves on the dial, and no 007 decor, just a bog standard SMP but in black. I wasn't aware that Omega were going to release such a watch, but of the two I would definitely go for the one I saw yesterday, the waves on the dial and the lack of red decor made it look much smarter.

Black with waves and no 007 might be quite cool. Exactly like the SMP but in black.

Yes exactly like that only a Gen. I would definately be a Gen just like that!!!