When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Europe GTG II, 14-15 June Overview

lazarini

Hello all,

im back as i presume all of you are by now from the Euro GTG version II still fresh on the events that took place the weekend of 14-15. June in Koln, Germany.

First and foremost thx to everyone that were involved in setting this up and to all of you that joined. We had some new people that joined us from the last GTG in Brussels and was a pleasure to meet you guys in flesh finally ... we know each other from the here but nice to put some new faces next to the avatars.

Second thing i would like to thank the GTG Raffle Sponsors that provided prizes for the people that attended and should be noted:

K2222 - AR coating

Verbal Kint - Pam Straps

petergunny - GUNNY STRAPS - Custom Pam Straps

THX to the people above, ure support, appreciated and well received between the attendees! Congrats also to the winners!

Thx to all the members bringing there watches and sharing the collections and your experience etc. u guys are awesome in any sense of the word ... the camaraderie and the exchange of knowledge was once again top notch i would not miss it for the world :)

I have came home yesterday rather latte as my flight had a delay and did not have the time to upload my pictures i will do so today and update this opening post, u can expect to see some really nice watches, some extreme modding pictures from the "hotel modding studio" ;) and some pics from the Koln watch fair we visited on Sunday.

Hope all of you made it home fine ... so let the discussion flow ... as said my pics to follow latter in the afternoon :)

LETS ROLL THE PICTURES ...

1 Members watches

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02490.jpg

DSC02491.jpg

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02494.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

2 The night shift at the hotel room while half were partying hard ... some were working hard (11pm to 3 30am)

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

DSC02556.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

DSC02558.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

in the morning one more job by the sub master himself ...

DSC02576.jpg

The night dremel video show at 2 am ... man we were lucky none complained in the rooms next to us ahahah SPEAKERS ON!

3 Steaks for the boys ... sorry for lack of pictures in this part but no faces ... all do i think u get the idea from the 2 snaps below ... great food ... great people ... great conversation !

DSC02518.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

4 Few from the Watch Fair on the Sunday ...

DSC02588.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

5 The ADs were visited all around the weekend we spent together

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02402.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02405.jpg

DSC02406.jpg

DSC02407.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

DSC02412.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

DSC02415.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

OK I think this does it ? Hope u all like the pictures once again thx to all that came this time and i know we meet again soon ...

last one before im of to bed ... happy smudgy group shoot ( pardon to the few missing on the shoot )

guys.jpg

SEEEE UUUUUUUUUUU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOON !!! :D

Regards Laz B)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tu: oh man... we had such an awesome weekend... Patrick, Dirk, Claude, Stephane and me all night clubbing and sleeping just 3 hours... while Taka, FrankW and Saso where modding watches untill 3 in the morning!!! Frank with the dremel in the bathroom working on cases, Taka was reluming etc... It was sooooooo cool.... and sooooo nerdy... and i loved meeting all you guys there :D

PS. Sorry you couldn't join Andy, Eric and T ... we missed you guys!

PPS. i think we invented a new term that is fully applicable...

Hi Laz,

Hi all,

Great idea to start a thread on this second Euro GTG.

There is not much I can add to what Laz says here.

The GTGs are giving another dimension to this community.

Nothing will ever replace the voice, the "live" behaviour, a hand shaking...

Internet is sometimes helpfull, forums fun, but when a bunch of humans meet that is THE real life it is so good. :rolleyes:

I will save a budget on my rep purchases to make sure I can attend the next one, wherever it happens in Europe.

Laz, how about 4-5/07 or 18-19/07 in your wonderfull city :D

Thanks to all who made it to K

it was fantastic :D

i hope to see more pics soon - i didn't take so many this time :mellow:

thanks again to all members who showed their faces in public ;)

my special thank goes to petergunny as im the lucky winner !!! :D

cheers,

Frank

The GTGs are giving another dimension to this community.

Nothing will ever replace the voice, the "live" behaviour, a hand shaking...

Internet is sometimes helpfull, forums fun, but when a bunch of humans meet that is THE real life it is so good. :rolleyes:

I will save a budget on my rep purchases to make sure I can attend the next one, wherever it happens in Europe.

Laz, how about 4-5/07 or 18-19/07 in your wonderfull city :D

Thanks to all who made it to K

:yahoo: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW, what a great gathering :group: !!!!!

I had such a wonderful time with all you fabulous guys. After :gathering: , lots of :drinks: , doing :crazy:, :bounce: & :clown: we got so :drunk: that they almost needed to take me away on a :stretcher: . My head is still :bangin:., lol.

So nice to meet the new guys and experience the immediate companionship again :friends: .

Many thanks to K2222, PeterGunny and VerbalKint :clap2:

I hope to see you guys soon again!!!!

Bratislava 18,29 & 20th of July sounds perfect to me! :1a:

Will be very busy during that time too :( damn exams.

Well, we will see. If you are in the area, just let me know. I can go to Frankfurt Main or here in Stuttgart, we have good biergarten. The weather is gonna get really good later this summer.

Feel free to come. There are a few more members from this area (Mannheim, Heidelberg, Stuttgart, etc.). They may come and join us too.

Posted this on another thread but I think here will be more appropriate:

I would like to really thank you very much on a lot of things. I won't name you in the post but you should know who you are ;) You all have my respect too.

There are much things which I can't describe by words and pictures but it's really meaningful to me (i.e.: friendship).

Thanks for all these plus things which I mentioned above:

P6152953.jpg

P6152982.jpg

P6152988.jpg

P6152995.jpg

P6153007.jpg

P6153039.jpg

P6032113.jpg

P6032120.jpg

Big cheers to you ;)

:lol: I think the dustblower is not that one... Took the picture last night and a bit @@@ :p Sorry.

With all the Rolexfans around at this GTG I was happy to see our hotel was right opposite this...when I woke up and opened the curtains, a big smile was on my face.....

IMG_1002.jpg

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

:rofl:

performing an replica GTG in front of Rolex-Germany is kind of sick 8)