When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG crown update

t

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok i need help again

what is the finish on the PAM crowns? I have no more here on my stock to check it.

it is complete "brushed"???

what is the exact finish of the crowns... i know "satin - finish" but what does this mean in german??? Is it the same like "brushed" (matt geb

Ok i need help again

what is the finish on the PAM crowns? I have no more here on my stock to check it.

it is complete "brushed"???

what is the exact finish of the crowns... i know "satin - finish" but what does this mean in german??? Is it the same like "brushed" (matt geb

Edited by Fish

Maybe I missed the initial discussions on these.. are these going to be sprung? Also will the o-rings be outside like the genuine crowns, which really requires a new tube, or will they be designed to fit the rep tube with the o-rings inside that?

Maybe I missed the initial discussions on these.. are these going to be sprung? Also will the o-rings be outside like the genuine crowns, which really requires a new tube, or will they be designed to fit the rep tube with the o-rings inside that?

Designed to fit the standard rep tube without any need to work the tube or case. A spring would increase the diameter again so it won

I am assuming they will be a better version of the palp. Well made and designed to slide right into the rep case tube so they are no fuss no muss. Worst case you are adjusting the lever slightly which can be readily done by anyone who has a file. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Great project T.

Better than Palp - the outer dimensions were taken from a gen crown and only slightly changed where function demanded these changes for our reps. But, different from the Palps, for example the recessed area at the outside of the crown is allmost as deep as with the gen. If the CG and lever setup works correctly with a standard rep crown it will do the same with these ones. Promised!

Edited by Fish

ok

i got this info from Flavor Flav today about the finish:

it is all polished top, brushed side and inside where the lever strikes

what does mean in german??? Any german members could help me please?

DIE KRONE IST KOMPLETT GEB

Now this is how a nice biz man thinks!!! DRINKS for everyone, bar is open!!!

Nice to see mr T that you will bring this to the forum, V is bringing the cg and you the crown, PERFECT!!! NICE work mr T and mr V...

//robi

Everything is fine, now we

These should work on any Luminor.

Just checked (with a 10x loupe) a genuine crown from the kruzer's run.

It is all polished.

I also have a feeling that the 400:100 ratio in favor of 1.2 stem is excessively unbalanced. I am afraid that a new run for 0.9 crowns might be needed soon, while a few 1.2 crowns might stay unsold.

Don't you think that 350:150, or even 300:200, would be more realistic?

hmmmmmmmmmm?

genuine crown is complete polished?????

ok i will call my supplier and will let him know he should build it complete "brushed" but the tops polished???

Ok? or should we build it complete polished????

anyone have a genuine 111 crown (new series) as sample for me??? I would send it to the fatcory... and you would get it back.

:clapping:

First of all I want to say sorry for my disappearance from this topic. I was involved in a quite serious accident and not able to write or read in this forum due to my injuries and my time in hospital. But it's getting better now, I am back home and I can walk again :)

Fish sent me some drawings that I'll check and change for european standards this evening. I'll send them back to Fish with my modifications.

I still would be happy seeing two Unitas and one Valjoux crown reserved for me! :)

I translated the drawing to German standards.

Everything has to be standardised in Germany, so are the teeth on things like watch crowns. The dimensions in david's design needed to be altered by just a few hundreth millimeters to meet a standard knurl - I've changed it as it will save quite a lot of money. I am sure that gen panerais use the same standard knurl as swiss standards are not that different from ours.