When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR on a SSD, a sacrilege?

magagne

I purshase a SSD and the new GMT II, and I think about coating the crystal with chief AR on the SSD.

All of you who own a SD, do you think that will be a sacrelege :icon_sadangel2: ? The new SD Deep Sea that replace the current SD will have AR (correct me if it's false). All Rolex are pretty flashy, and crystal made part of this (reflexion on the crystal)... well, for those who coat there crystal, comments will be appreciate. I'm pretty used to chief AR now (all my watch have AR), do I need to live with some exception because the GEN don't has the AR too?

It depends why you have bought the watch.

If you have bought it to use as a timepiece, and becuase you like teh style of the watch, go for the AR coating, it will improve the look of it.

If you bought it to resemble the genuine, don't get AR coating, as it will be less accurate

I don't think I'd put AR on it. But I did see a pic on RG where someone did and thought it looked great.... So, hey, there's an argument to be made either way.

I think I'll leave it like it is, like gen...

if I coat it, and it need removing AR in case I scratch the AR (du to the lack of crystal protection and tickness of the crystal over the bezel) that can be painful. You remember my 3717 how the AR factory was tough to remove chief? ^_^ The Zigmeister and you worked hard to remove the AR. Your AR are even more tough to remove/buff :rolleyes: that mean it is more difficult to scratch too... ho well...thanks guys, I'll remove this idea of my mind.

do it!!!

i want to get my SSD double AR'd

why not?

I bet if you did your SSD and compared it to a gen... the gen would look fake becasuse of the crappy crystal and reflections lol

I dont understand why rolex doesnt AR their crystals.. just baffles me.

do it!!!

i want to get my SSD double AR'd

why not?

I bet if you did your SSD and compared it to a gen... the gen would look fake becasuse of the crappy crystal and reflections lol

I dont understand why rolex doesnt AR their crystals.. just baffles me.

Agrrrr... I fixed my mind, and now you confuse me.... I hate you :p

I think I'll leave it like it is, like gen...

if I coat it, and it need removing AR in case I scratch the AR (du to the lack of crystal protection and tickness of the crystal over the bezel) that can be painful. You remember my 3717 how the AR factory was tough to remove chief? ^_^ The Zigmeister and you worked hard to remove the AR. Your AR are even more tough to remove/buff :rolleyes: that mean it is more difficult to scratch too... ho well...thanks guys, I'll remove this idea of my mind.

Yea that 3717 was the worst AR stripping experience I've ever had!! But we finally did get it off. Haven't seen one like that since.

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it,

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it,

Andy you are a :girl_devil:

You know that the dial has a shiny finish, I've never seen a RLX rep dial without minimal marks of dust, fingerprints or micro-scraches. If you AR coat the crystal everything will be visible!

It's nearly not possible to clean up a RLX dial to 100%, even not a local watchmaker. AD's maybe have a solution, but our modders here I think not.

BTW: I have done a LV for a friend and I changed all markers on the dial. I cleaned it very good up with 99% alcohol before installing the new markers. And I can tell you, it was after that more resistent to dust, because you can blow it without problems away.

Maybe that helps you if you want to AR your crystal...