When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What would make a better 'wedding watch'?

TeeJay

This is for my 'official' wedding in February. I'm going to order a specific watch, as well as duplicates for my best men. We're all going to be wearing black suits, white shirts, and red ties (Agent 47-style B) )

The options are:

Panerai 114 on SS Bracelet, or, Patek Philippe Nautilus (blue) on SS Bracelet.

It's going to be either one of those two watches, but nothing else, and I don't want other suggestions.

At the moment, I'm leaning more towards the 114, as PAMs are what I feel more comfortable with, but, I'm wondering if the PP might be that little bit more elegant for the event...

Thanks in advance :)

If you are going for a 'proper' wedding watch, then small, simple & elegant are the guidelines. If the selection is limited to the 2 you listed, only the Patek even comes close. But I think a Patek Calatrava, VC Patrimony, Rolex Datejust or plain 3-hand Jaeger would be much better choices. The center of attention at your wedding should be you & your bride, not the watches on your wrists. Trust me on this. Oh & congrads.

This is for my 'official' wedding in February. I'm going to order a specific watch, as well as duplicates for my best men. We're all going to be wearing black suits, white shirts, and red ties (Agent 47-style B) )

The options are:

Panerai 114 on SS Bracelet, or, Patek Philippe Nautilus (blue) on SS Bracelet.

It's going to be either one of those two watches, but nothing else, and I don't want other suggestions.

At the moment, I'm leaning more towards the 114, as PAMs are what I feel more comfortable with, but, I'm wondering if the PP might be that little bit more elegant for the event...

Thanks in advance :)

TJ! Congrats my friend! If your going for the PP Nautilus in Blue, let me know, I'll loan you mine!

Cheers, Mate

Hike

Go with whatever you are comfortable with. It's your day, you make the rules. A watch should be any expression of you, not a result of the rules that other people seem to think is 'correct'. Where is it set in stone what is or isn't a 'wedding' watch? Go with the PAM if that's what you prefer. Style should be effortless.

...The center of attention at your wedding should be you & your bride, not the watches on your wrists. Trust me on this.

Actually...it is all about the bride.. :D .(the pictures, the gown, the pictures, the gown, the ring, her beauty, the pictures, the nuptial march, the entrance...the pictures... :D ) The groom? nope...there is even a 'best' man...and that is not him...so I say...make it more like your day and buy yourself a gen (Rolex datejust comes to mind...not to break the bank), a couple of nice reps for your buddies, a bottle of Balvenie 21 double wood, some cuban cigars and enjoy your day too...you have to be :1a: as well!

That's what I'd do...!!!

Cheers and congratulations :victory:

Alex

Well, a GENUINE would work better.... true feelings and all :bow_arrow:

There was a guy that needed help picking up a gen on some forum - the bride ended up giving him a 3500 gen in exchange for the ring. I thought that was fair.

Congrats TJ!

I'm with Freddy; simple, elegant for a wedding -less is more. The PP would be my vote with your given choices.

I wore a very old pocket watch going down the isle and come to think of it I don't think I glanced at it once. Time really flies on that day.

Patek, of course.

Simple and elegant.

A Calatrava is what I would choose for myself and my friends.

But I am already happily married for many years so don't listen to me.

Carl

Guest roscoad

Wear a Patek Philippe, you will understand what long-lasting is not

love, not the diamond, but time.

Love is as the same as Patek Philippe,can be long and mellow.Be loved,

cherished, understanded, careed, are those who own the Patek philippe

can feel.

Congrats on the wedding! Nothing says elegance like Patek Philippe, I'd personally go for the Nautilus [burnt Blue] non MBW version.

But if you're looking for something else this Vacheron Constantine wins! :

1.jpg

For $108 it's not bad at all!

The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak in blue is really beautiful and it's small enough to wear with a Tuxedo [also available in white, black, TT, FG] and it's very elegant:

518eec2520c3cfe6c2f51e9d432fa0b4.image.750x497.JPG

If you're going Rolex get a Day-Date, they're very elegant and just perfect for the occasion, I personally think this one will suit you perfectly, clean and elegant stick markers in white MOP:

ba321894dbef8a63b3264d848c75d408.image.733x550.jpg

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1491

And last but not least, the gorgeous Vacheron Constantin Overseas:

99ac63628b66e7b73abc652a0f7a46a4.image.733x550.JPG

Panerai IMHO is too sporty to be a formal/dress watch, with the exception of the Gold Radiomir.

Also sorry, hadn't read about you not wanting any other suggestions, lol. So sticking to your plan, Nautilus all the way!

Later you can say that you wore a Patek on your wedding, now someone tell me that that doesn't sound right! :D

First, big congrats.... have a great time. Now for the watches, I'd say the PP for sure... Panerai do not fit under shirt sleeves well... and attract too much attention... you will pay for it forever... let her have the attention... trust us.