When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Chrono (Franken)

Guest porsche356a

Guest porsche356a

Just wanted to share my latest acquisition. Bought it from AZGJAV and was originally in an aftermarket 79280 case, but i didnt like the rehaut on it. So I transferred it into this old swiss daytona case I had laying in my parts bin. What do you guys think?

Specs:

Gen Triplock Crown + Tube

Gen Tudor Chronautic CF Dial

Gen Tudor / 7750 Based Movement

Gen Tudor Hands

Old Factory Swiss 16520 Case

Sapphire Xtal

Gen Rolex 78360 on 501b

Special sauce On a Sesame seed Bun.....

Heres a before shot

IMG_1933-1.jpg

Heres the movement shot

IMG_1937-1.jpg

Heres after

IMG_5096-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :v:

Guest porsche356a
Um, yeah.... About that....

FREAKING NICE! I had not seen a cf dial Tudor before.

Thanks CBR! The CF dials are actually quite rare making this for a seriously awesome and unique sports watch.

I was tempted by that watch too, really fantastic franken :)B)

I have to say I really prefer it in the original case, rather than the Daytona rep case....

The Daytona case has the wrong size/font bezel numbers, plus does not have "500" engraved, the bezel is the wrong shape too. There is no date mag and the rehaut is lipped and too shallow....

Genuine:

c1c03uf0.jpg

c2613iu1.jpg

It is obviously up to you, as it is your watch, but I see no improvement with this case swap, sorry.....

Great purchase though, I would have tried to get this too, but I was lacking the funds at the time, wear it well B)

Guest porsche356a
The Daytona case has the wrong size/font bezel numbers, plus does not have "500" engraved, the bezel is the wrong shape too. There is no date mag and the rehaut is lipped and too shallow....

c2613iu1.jpg

@MP, Its not a Prince Date Chrono, its a Chronautic, Gen looks like this. No Cyclops and completely different Bezel, although no 500 either, different hands and pushers than the "Tiger". But I guess it does look closer to the 79280 the other way round. :D

2-1.jpg

@MP, Its not a Prince Date Chrono, its a Chronautic, Gen looks like this. No Cyclops and completely different Bezel, although no 500 either, different hands and pushers than the "Tiger". But I guess it does look closer to the 79280 the other way round. :D

Ah I see, my bad, I thought it looked like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/TUDOR-PRINCE-DATE-AUTO...tem180262694927

p1100725ag9.jpg

But I see the dials are different, although I still like the original case better ^_^

Maybe you should check how much marsupilami wants for one of his dials, then it would have the right dial for the case, no? ;)B)

Either way it is a beauty, and a watch I tried to find the funds for myself, but failed.... :)

• 1 month later...