When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Ultimate Slevin

vikkyrob

I have seen many beautifully modded pieces on this forum but very few fully modded slevins. Certainly very few with the lume done and perfect AR. Has anyone got some shots to share? I am building myself up to buy this watch with the SS bracelet and then starting the long modding process. Any useful tips?

Hmm has any one built a slevin with new AR, real ETA date wheels, and lume, who has the best slevin? after all the hype and wait for this one i would assume there are a few out there??

Mine's getting AR and the wheels, but no relume.

I will take some pictures of mine tonight.

Swiss ETA 7750

ETA date/day wheels

The Zigmeister Relume (hands and bezel)

Gen Dial

BUT... i need to have the AR done, and i can't find anyone in Toronto who can pop the crystal for me :(. It has far too much money invested into the piece to send the watch head to Jakub, so i'm stuck at the moment deciding if i should risk send it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to burst the bubble here guys but just FYI, I own the gen of the Ti version and after seeing the rep lume I'm not sure it is even worth doing as it is fine when compared to the gen. What I really mean is that the gen lume is not so great. I owned the Slevin rep for a short time and I also feel that the AR is fine out of the box. Touch to mathc the color and both the stock rep AR and anything Chief or K2222 does will be at least better and in the latter case way better. The gen AR isn't all that great when compared to say the gen PO or the gen Steelfish for example. The gen AR also has almost a royal / powder blue hue to it that isn't really all that appealing and it isn't particularly strong either when compared to the gen Ingy or BP especially. Incidentally, the best AR in my box is still the UN MMD. Just invisible and strong and nearly completely colorless. Of my sports watches the Aquatimer is the worst hands down. After seeing the rep I'm not sure AR or the lume are as important as one may think if you want to make your watch gen like. I would just mod the hands and put an ETA in it if it were me...

Here are a couple crummy shots that I don't usually post that show both the color and the lack of lume strength pretty well. I also never even took a lume shot when I shot it because after trying some set ups I concluded that it wasn't all that impressive. Surprising huh? Some of your aftermarket lume looks great though. I'm just saying doing the mod probably won't make your watch more gen-like...

Aquatimer11r.jpg

Aquatimer1r.jpg

...and here is the true color of the dial that I wish would show at any angle if the stock AR was better

Aquatimer6r.jpg

Edited by RobbieG

After seeing the rep I'm not sure AR or the lume are as important as one may think if you want to make your watch gen like. I would just mod the hands and put an ETA in it if it were me...

Great info, thank you. A lume shot would be good though, just in order to see the differences as there is a Slevin lume pic in an other thread. I was always wondering if there is a modded Slevin, how can you see that it

Great info, thank you. A lume shot would be good though, just in order to see the differences as there is a Slevin lume pic in an other thread. I was always wondering if there is a modded Slevin, how can you see that it
Edited by RobbieG

The Asian 7750 chrono hands don't fit the ETA 7750 movement hand posts as they are different diameters. I forget if the hands are too big or too small, but I thing they are too big for the ETA post in this case. So in order to swap the movement out for an ETA a watchmaker will have to do something called broaching, which basically means slightly modifying the chrono hands and affixing them to the posts using adhesive. The Zigmeister is known to be quite good at it I hear and if done correctly will be nearly invisible, or close enough - even under magnification.

I see. I thought there is something regarding the look of the hands but the problem above only arises if there is a movement swap. Thanks for the info. An other good mod for the Slevin is to replace the day/datewheel.