When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If a watch is stolen/removed before it leaves china..

kokedose

So here is the story:

Ordered 3 watches and a strap from my regular dealer(whom i have ALWAYS been VERY impressed with) and the cost was about $600.

I was sooo looking forward to wearing my new heritage and the other two.

When the package arrived it felt suspiciously light and sure enough no watches inside but the strap was there.

The EMS bar code sticker had been cut straight across with a sharp blade and was clearly in two halves...now the interesting bit.

The tape used to reseal the package after the watches where removed had Chinese characters and the words GUANGZHOUBAIFUN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CO.LTD

printed on it.

In my excitement/dread to open the package i used a screwdriver that i had to hand and made a bit of a hash of it but it clearly proves that the tape was added after the package

had been opened and the watches removed at the airport.

I would like to get some opinions on whether myself or the dealer should cough up for the loss as the watches didn't even leave China.

And now the proof:

Pacage2.jpg

Thanks guys :)

This has happened to my shipments before and it has turned out on a number of occasions that someone working for the EMS agent.......*Important to note here that the EMS agent is the person who introduces your goods into the EMS system and not EMS as such*.....has stolen the goods, they usually catch them too once you complain.

Regardless of this all supplier will replace without cost goods that don't make it out of China, a little know fact is that many goods stopped by Chinese customs are actually returned to the supplier.

Contact your dealer.

Ken

Thanks for your input guys. I think the dealer in question will do the right thing as he has always been very helpful and honest when i have dealt with him.

Soooo gutted i haven't got the heritage on my wrist as i type but on the plus side the rep Breitling rubber strap i got for my $600 looks great on my Blackbird...every cloud eh ;)

Will keep you posted.

Be lucky @ll :)

proof....yeah...I think a little trust to both ends

when you send $600 to someone you don't even know, that is trust so it should be the other way around also

Some packages never arrive the buyer...is there any proof it was actually send...? sometimes a trackingnr...sometimes nothing

but I can imagine this package is opened by CNcustoms maybe..?