When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Online PC gamers

Admin

So it seems we have some online gamers here at RWG. I haven't played in a looong time, so today I actually installed both CS and Team Fortress2 after reading some posts here. Haven't played CS for a loong time and I used to be good. Even was a member of a pretty good clan 5-6 years ago. Well, let me just tell you right now; I am NO good any more. To funny, as I thought I still "had it in me". Once you have learned it it sticks. Well, obviously not. Anyway, I've just spent a couple of hours playing both CS and TF2 (that I had to try after reading about it) and TF2 was a lot of fun, with it's different classes. So I'm wondering if we have a lot of players here and what you play? (and I am referring to PC games here)

I am an Online Racer, the game is rFactor. INFO --> http://www.rfactor.net/

One of the best racing games ever, with hundreds of Mods INFO --> http://www.rfactorcentral.com/index.cfm

W.I.P My rFactor Mod --> http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=WTCC%20BMW%20E90

My rFactor Screenshots --> http://rfactor-screens.blogspot.com/

Cheers

I used to play alot CS a lot when CS:Source came out. People were always talking about hitboxes being more accurate in 1.5 but Steam really worked their butts off making the game accurate and fair (maps too). As of today, I think the only reason to play 1.5 is either A. b/c you are set in your ways or B. your dinosaur PC can't run the graphics (which anyone nowadays can run at 100+ FPS).

I guess I just like the eye candy on Source a lot better. Plus there is the light saturation effect now.

Played a little BF2142 and TF2 also but got bored after a few months

Just to see what was up, I downloaded Crysis and COD4 about three weeks ago. Man graphics blow away HL2!!! I have a fairly old PC (Q6600, 4GB PC-800, 8800 GTS 640 MB graphics card) but I still got playable frame rates.

I think I am over paying $500.00 for graphics cards and $800.00 for CPUs just so that I can play a $60 video game. I guess I just liked the modding aspect.

Now I have reps to play with and I go out and get laid a whole lot more...LOL

I don't play so often anymore. Had a kid 6 weeks ago :2:

But when I do play, it's mostly Counter Strike 1.5 :irvine:

What is your infamous nick when you were a 1337 mofo in the CS world Admin? :ph34r:

Well, kids will do that to you. That and the reason below was/is the reason I don't have to much spare time to play. Funny thing is that even if I don't have the time to play, I looove gadgets and new technical stuff, so I own a Wii and of course an Xbox360. Really dunno why, but it's a lot of fun when I finally find the time to use them.

Oh and my nick back then, as it is now; Lt. BadAss

I haven't had time to play anything since I came here. I am ill.

Hehe...the forums are actually the reason I haven't played for a long time also.

Been on hiatus from PC games too. I got a 360, turned it into a "moderator's edition". Out of 18+ games, I play.. Forza 2. :lol:

Recently uninstalled my dusty PC games like battlefield2, UT2003, Source games, WoW(ugh pretend I didnt say it) and not looking back. You gotta get away from the computer once in a while man. Between the forum participation, maintenance... Get a console? Orange box is great (TF2)

I played a lot of online Grand Prix Legends back in the day, and the usuals, UT, Q3, Half Life ...

I've recently got hold of rFactor and will be dual-booting the MacBook in to Vista with the old Force Feedback wheel to see if I can still drive.

• 1 month later...

USed to play a little UT mainly with people I knew... but the only one I *really* got into was Jedi Outcast. I was unemployed so had a lot of time and got very good. I got kicked off a German server once for getting 60 kills in the space of a few minutes... they were just too easy!

back in the days ... i was in a Medal of Honor - AA clan ... we use to have weekly plays and clan ladder wars on our own dedicated server we have rented from blueyonder ...

At one time we were nr6 team on the objective ladder on clanbase ... must admit was fun but took alooot of my time ...

team was called 9Para (9th Parachute Battalion) and my nick was hehehe Lazarini ...

Great fun at that time ...

LAz

I am a longtime gamer myself. I started with the Atari 2600 when I was like in 6th grade and progressed up the ladder with all the systems both pc and console. This days however I seen to have lost my desire to play :( I am not sure why.

I have BF2 and COD4 installed. I also like to play RTS games like Supreme Commander and Company of Heros. I played a little this weekend and had fun but it is hard getting back in the saddle after taking a layoff. As I am older I am not quite the player I used to be! All gamers should know this guy:

http://www.purepwnage.com/index.php

Peace and may my next headshot not be you! :p