When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping a gen from UK to another EU country

By-Tor

Hi guys,

what's the best and safest option to ship a watch from UK to another EU country? Talking about genuine worth 3000 EUR. Does some shipping company guarantee the delivery, and can you insure the watch for its full value?

Thanks.

I had a hell of a problem sending my Rolex from Greece to UK for service. None of the courier companies wanted to carry a watch. I had to use a freight agent in the end to get full insurance coverage on the item. Funny thing is Rolex sent it back fully insured by TNT! Certainly it's not easy to get a courier to take it maybe EMS is an option they have secondary insurance available

Found this about UK Royal Mail, maybe an option....

"

The Royal Mail definition of valuables can include bank notes and coins (British or foreign), postal orders, cheques, dividend warrants that are uncrossed and payable to the bearer, coupons, vouchers, tickets or anything that can be exchanged for money, goods or services such as TV licence stamps or gift tokens, bearer securities including share warrants, bonds, relative coupons, scripts or subscription certificates, and jewellery, precious stones, metals or watches, (the cases of which are entirely or mainly composed of gold, silver, platinum or other precious metal).

Always send valuable items using one of our Special Delivery

another alternative is to give a friend in the UK a cheap ryanair-type ticket to bring it over for you, and .. i don't know... let them stay a weekend or something... will be about the same cost, you'll get to see your friend, and get your watch safely.... I think there are cheap flights from the UK to Norway.

barring that, go the fully insured route. Make sure you have receipts etc and you may want to give a copy to the post office so they know exactly what's in there and how much you'll claim back if it goes missing - which should hopefully mean they are very careful as they as a company don't want to lose money over it.

With the cheep flights i think i would go and pick it up in person.

ah and that is the other alternative, if you have the time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi guys,

what's the best and safest option to ship a watch from UK to another EU country? Talking about genuine worth 3000 EUR. Does some shipping company guarantee the delivery, and can you insure the watch for its full value?

Thanks.

Check Toyal Mail web site.

They do have something like "International Air insurance" or similar .....

I use Royal Mail 'international signed for' service. Have sent 3 Rolex and a Seamaster in the last 2 months without issue. I think insurance can be bought upto 2500 pounds. Approx cost is between 8 pounds and 25 depending on compensation level. Takes 3 days max to arrive. :)

There was a similar discussion on TZ-UK recently.

Summary - all couriers exclude high value watches for compensation against loss in their T&C so take out separate insurance and ship via your preferred courier service. Transit2Insure were recommended.

According to their web site, Royal Mail International Signed For service has a limit of

Hi guys,

Thanks.

http://www.interparcel.com/

select "interparcel standard"

which is actually UPS (best courier).