When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sold All my Reps to buy these..........

I have nearly sold all my reps to fund two gens, finally I feel satisfied and no longer need to buy a new rep every month, and may actually SAVE money in the long run! Hope you enjoy the before and after pics.

The 16610 I wear everyday, the Timewalker for evening or special occasions.

Would you ever sell up to fund your dream gen watches?

Before:

SNB10463.jpg

After:

SNB10562.jpg

SNB10561.jpg

SNB10641.jpg

SNB10645.jpg

SNB10646.jpg

SNB10651.jpg

I have nearly sold all my reps to fund two gens, finally I feel satisfied and no longer need to buy a new rep every month, and may actually SAVE money in the long run! Hope you enjoy the before and after pics.

The 16610 I wear everyday, the Timewalker for evening or special occasions.

Not me. Too much into variety...love the gens though...

Is that the infamous "Gaytona" with the brokeback band? I don't know about money, but you certainly saved yourself some manhood by getting rid of that one. :bleh: The MontBlanc is beautiful, though. I handled a gen at the AD in Cabo a few months ago and it made me want one bad. I've always been a die-hard Rolex man, but the TImewalker tempts me.

That much variety down to two... Would I?

Absolutely no way.

Ignoring the fact I wouldn't buy a gen anyway, I wouldn't want to get rid of such a varied collection.

That's just me though...

Enjoy your purchases :good:

Congrats on the gen 16610! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm with you.

I sold a lot of my reps to focus on high end reps of the submariners and a couple of genuine Rolex.

It make sence to keep only the watches that have true wrist time IMHO :brow: (Except for Tanfo, but that is another type of collection :lol: )

If I wasn't so lazy I would post another 5 or 6 more for sale in the RWG auctions and get my self a 16610 ;)

I've been considering it for a while. I reckon I could get a Spring Drive fairly easily if I managed to get a decent enough price for most of my reps. If I were to do so, I'd start buying reps again for the variety. Consider it a big reset button. :)

No i woud not.

I enjoy the reps all mine are swiss movment so they can last forever as almost all watchmakers can fix them and their is maybe 10 people in my country that can spot their flaws when handling them in their hands :yu:

Also i already own one of my grail watches JLC EWA Rossi and my beater the Emergency is great for everyday use..

But i can easy understand why some woud sell their reps to get their all time fav gens..

Cheers

To buy one of my dream gen watches I would have to rob several banks or invent a machine that turns poo into gold.

finally I feel satisfied and no longer need to buy a new rep every month

Ha ha! Sure! I give you three months (four max) before you crawl back here ready to spring for the latest and greatest rep!! mmmhmm.gif

To buy one of my dream gen watches I would have to rob several banks or invent a machine that turns poo into gold.

Ha ha! Sure! I give you three months (four max) before you crawl back here ready to spring for the latest and greatest rep!! mmmhmm.gif

Well for now im just looking.......but your probaly right! Being addicted to RWG doesnt help!

I've abandoned gens altogether and won't be going back for awhile. I want variety and striking designs all at a low cost. Reps fit the bill perfectly. Also the community for reps is a lot more fun and interesting than for gens. TZ and WUS put me to sleep with all their petty arguments and pomposity.

I stopped my rep habit, sold most of them and got into gens.

I now own a whole bunch of gens just like I did reps, I merely replaced one habit for another more expensive one. Think of it like 'graduating' from marijuana to crack cocaine.

On the flipside I'm now back here again to smoke some reefer. :D

I stopped my rep habit, sold most of them and got into gens.

I now own a whole bunch of gens just like I did reps, I merely replaced one habit for another more expensive one. Think of it like 'graduating' from marijuana to crack cocaine.

On the flipside I'm now back here again to smoke some reefer. :D

Haha that was my concern, collecting gens with the passion and drive of their comperatively cheaper reps. sSo what did you end up owning?

I would only sell the reps that don't get much wrist time. I have narrowed my collection down to 58 reps from about a 100. I have 6 gens and am always on the hunt for new ones. I will be probably be on the hunt for a PAM113 when I go to St. Thomas this fall. As stated above, I love the selection way too much to narrow it down to a handul of gens. Trust me skool, the addiction will never stop. Once a rep lover, you will always be a rep lover. Before you know it, you will be back to another dozen reps in no time :p

Haha that was my concern, collecting gens with the passion and drive of their comperatively cheaper reps. sSo what did you end up owning?

So far I've had Sinn U1, Flieger 356 and 556 (amg version)- sold the 356 and bought.....

Omega Seamaster 2531.80 (which I'm going to sell) and a 'Moon watch' which I'm keeping.

Lastly I developed a real expensive habit and went by way of a non-date sub to the now discontinued Seadweller 16600.

Although I'm back in the rep game now I've still got my name down for a green glass Milgauss.

Oh and a not-to-be-underestimated radio controlled G Shock Mudman picked up at the bargain price of US$90.

In the end as long as you are satisfied it does not matter what we think. I started with Rolex gens and sold off most and then moved into reps ... just the reverse of you and I am happy with my collection and the money I have saved which is many thousands of dollars... enjoy your collection

No one ever talks about service. My dad's Rolex Date Just service last year cost a cool grand, and he still had to go back earlier this year for them to get it right.

If I had known what the Rolex service was going to cost him I would have set him up with a nice rep version, so if it broke down he could simply get a different one.... or have it serviced for a lot less than $1,000.

I think you made the right choice. I have been doing the same. I only have 1 EXP II rep left that I will sell soon.

I have picking up some incredible deals off TZ, Bond Pro Auto for 750, Steelfish SO New model blk face SS for 1150, with the prices of the reps going up and up It is just not worth it to me anymore......Unless I am looking for a Presidental 18K Ha.....