When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Diver - Would they Rep it?

hiker01

Who wants this REP'ed?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!
    • No!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting??? I've been praying for a rep of this to come out! A few years ago I had an opportunity to pick up the original model from someone who was clearing out their safe. I passed... it was one of the worst mistakes I've ever lived to regret. I hope one of the super rep manufacturers rep this one soon.

Well (and I posted this at larz thread), my source just confirmed that it's highly unlikely that it will be Rep'ed!

Not a very popular GEN watch and the size is too small, he said! But I if a 100 or more of us would sign in, they might

change their mind! Let's keep the POLL going!

Hike

Well (and I posted this at larz thread), my source just confirmed that it's highly unlikely that it will be Rep'ed!

Not a very popular GEN watch and the size is too small, he said!

Stupid thing to say considering they just released the concord C1 and I did a search on the major watch forums and there is little to NO interest in that watch and the FF is one MM bigger than the C1.

Stupid thing to say considering they just released the concord C1 and I did a search on the major watch forums and there is little to NO interest in that watch and the FF is one MM bigger than the C1.

I don't have a friggin idea why they Rep some and not the others! It's a strange world out there! But, lets all try anyway.......it's all about demand in this business anyway!

I just bought a Tissot Seastar 1000.

I figured it was close enough in looks and style to the Blancpain.

http://img.timezone.com/img/articles/news6...Seastar1000.jpg

The Seastar is a pretty good watch. I hope you're not having crown/stem problems like I did with mine. Sorry to say she didn't stay long, but for the price it's a pretty good watch. I'm a lume freak and that thing had NO lume.

yea good old 50 ... if they do this in a "super rep" edition i think they would make goooood money ... cmon it can be done but no they rather rep the g shock looking zenith :huh:

i mean don't get me wrong to all his own but the factories have lousy sense of business ... as this is all what it is for them money ... that said they would sell the 50 in greater quantities then quite some number of reps that surfaced recently ... some dealer needs to recognize this and put the wheels in motion ... Angus was know for things like this before ...

laz

The Seastar is a pretty good watch. I hope you're not having crown/stem problems like I did with mine. Sorry to say she didn't stay long, but for the price it's a pretty good watch. I'm a lume freak and that thing had NO lume.

My Seastar just arrived today. Lume seems OK. Mine has the updated minute hand sans skeletonization. AR is very poor with quite a bit of glare.

I ran into a better diver than the Blancpain.

The Glycine Lagunare 3000 looks better and has a nicer bezel.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/TL...5/baselgly3.jpg

However best watch for the money is the Festina Manhattan. Construction is just fantastic and the watch commands attention.

Edited by georgegrasser