When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbelievably Accurate Solid 18k Muller Casablanca

archibald

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:black_eye: Probably like most of the ETA mecanisms sold in replicas, no ? <_<

No, my understanding from the more knowlegeable peanut gallery is that our 2824 and 2836 ETA's are "pre Swiss spit polishing" Chinese assembled ETA movements, not amalgams of ETA and renegade parts. The 2892's are a much discussed crap shoot. I don't think anyone can say for sure if an absolutely genuine swiss 2892 resides in any of our replicas.

Not to [censored] on anyones parade, the watch is beautiful, but didn't The Zigmeister ID this blue screw 2892 as an ETA ebauche with asian parts built onto it?????

The ones in the pictures were the stock pictures used. The dealer gave assurances that genuine ETA 2892 movements would be used because of this.

Love to see some pics of the insides of the actual watches.

I posted pics of mine above, although I assume it's movement pics you'd like. As far as the movement goes, when the whole bruhaha about the Chinese 2824 broke out on the "white lies" thread, my Casa went straight to the local smith for a looksee, even though I knew these were likely made before "asian ETAs" became as pervasive as the are now. Mine is 100% ETA. Another buyer has verified his decorated 2892 as ETA (I believe the 2892 copy has a "tell", at least on a straight copy as opposed to some combo ETA/copy) If he reads this I hope he posts the pics he emailed me last summer...I don't have them any more.

As far as this version of the 18k Muller goes, the point is moot anyway: I tried to buy another so my wife can stop wearing mine, but they are gone aside from the far less accurate Platinum Rotor/Sunset/Casablanca sold by Jos and Andrew.

The question was, is the majic still there, and yes it is.

I opted for the 2892, and for fact i know that the fake platium rotor is chinese, not swiss. therefor i would not call it a swiss movement, it does however has the removable studs like seen on the swiss regulation parts.

I am sorry i do not want to open the case again, because of the gold screws, if they are real gold, they wont last long, and if they where plated, same story.

personally i could not care less if 1 or 2 pieces is chinese, at this point in price i will replace the movement if neccisary.

I posted pics of mine above, although I assume it's movement pics you'd like. As far as the movement goes, when the whole bruhaha about the Chinese 2824 broke out on the "white lies" thread, my Casa went straight to the local smith for a looksee, even though I knew these were likely made before "asian ETAs" became as pervasive as the are now. Mine is 100% ETA. Another buyer has verified his decorated 2892 as ETA (I believe the 2892 copy has a "tell", at least on a straight copy as opposed to some combo ETA/copy) If he reads this I hope he posts the pics he emailed me last summer...I don't have them any more.

As far as this version of the 18k Muller goes, the point is moot anyway: I tried to buy another so my wife can stop wearing mine, but they are gone aside from the far less accurate Platinum Rotor/Sunset/Casablanca sold by Jos and Andrew.

OK, here's my question and I hope I make it clear enough. I want to see a picture of an unquestionably Swiss 2892-A2 inside a replica watch. I don't care if you have a 2824 inside your FM. The issue is the 2892-A2.

• 2 weeks later...

mine's genuine movement when i checked when i first got my shipment months ago...don't want to open up the back again, scratched one of screws when i did. it's a great rep, those of us that have them know we got a great deal especially considering that it's real gold. it doesn't get enough wrist time but i wouldn't part with mine. anyone have pics of the rose gold, i got the 18k and missed the rose gold since it was sold out. :victory:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Possibly listing this rare Frank Muller Casablanca up for sale since it doesn't get enough wrist time. I have the 18k Yellow gold with 2892 engraved movement but does anyone have pics of the ROSE GOLD? This is one of the great reps so I'm torn, I just feel someone should be enjoying this piece...one of my last purchases from the MIA Eddie Lee. On the fence, but i would love to see one of the Rose Gold pics. Just in case I forgot, thanks Archibald for making this happen last year. :victory:

Possibly listing this rare Frank Muller Casablanca up for sale since it doesn't get enough wrist time. I have the 18k Yellow gold with 2892 engraved movement but does anyone have pics of the ROSE GOLD? This is one of the great reps so I'm torn, I just feel someone should be enjoying this piece...one of my last purchases from the MIA Eddie Lee. On the fence, but i would love to see one of the Rose Gold pics. Just in case I forgot, thanks Archibald for making this happen last year. :victory:

That's a tough call. Since mullers seem to have cooled off, rep wise, I doubt we'll ever seen anything like it again. On the other hand, if it's not getting any wrist time (to be honest it is a pure dress watch) it could certainly fund just about any rep out there. I'll tell you what, though, since gold has gone up 60% since we bought these and the run-size of 25 makes them about as rare as a rep can get, I certainly wouldn't be offering any fire sale bargains if I did sell.

Re: the movement. Eddie did guarantee swiss. In fact, if you read back on the thread, he told me the delay for the decorated movements was because it took a while to source and decorate Swiss movements. Mine is Swiss 2824 and I know of two buyers who verified their movements were swiss, but I suppose the only way to discern if everyone got swiss is to crack the backs.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a rose gold version either. Can someone please post a pic or two of theirs?

hey archibald, thanks for putting this together last year. i've actually received 5 inquiries on the FM Casablanca and since we're all members here, i'm not here to make a profit although the price of gold has gone up quite a bit since the watch was released. i would gift it to a member for the same price i paid for it, just under $1700 although i would trade it in for a combo of a PAM 027 2893 and cash. i just don't put in enough suit time so the watch doesn't get any love and i figure someone should enjoy this rare and lovely piece.

what i do want to see is one of the Rose Gold pieces! ;) someone share a pic! :victory:

• 2 months later...

I would be very interested in trading with a near mint Gen Baume & Mercier RIVIERA XXL MAGNUM, if any of the original buyers are interested. It was bought at my local AD in sept. 2007 and comes with boxes, papers and ww guarentee.

Cheers,

CL

post-10863-1204685447_thumb.jpg