When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbelievably Accurate Solid 18k Muller Casablanca

archibald

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can guarantee that it's solid 14K gold. Sorry, but in the reps business it's always a huge risk.

I mean who would sell that much gold for that little money? Are yo usure it's 14K? Or is it Aspires special 5K solid with 14K wrap?

Just be careful and make SURE it is real full 14K gold - from the inside to the outside.

I'm pretty sure that Arch was talking about 18K. I've been looking at the Casablanca and now I'm getting excited. How much? How long?

Hurry!

My 2852 stainless Crazy Hours rep's back, case, crown and buckle weigh 35g so:

35 g SS =84 g. gold / 31.1 grams per troy oz =2.7 troy oz X 75% gold X 625 USD/troy oz=$1218 worth of gold.

Here's how I sold it to Ms. A: In this uncertain times, everyone should own some gold to hedge against inflation and protect our savings from a catastrophic event---and what better way to store gold than in a gorgeous fake watch? She said, "That's some pretty good BS, honey, but if you have to have another watch it you might as well get this one..."

Seriously, if we can get enough interested buyers this for the price of the gold alone, it's a no brainer.

Let me just say, this a fantastic looking watch and fantastic value as a watch. I wish I had that kind of disposable fun money :wub::(

But can I point out a potential flaw (might be wrong) in your gold value calculation for those interested in the 'investment' aspect. I think you worked out the weight of the gold based on the pure density, and then did the 75% calculation to bring it down to 18cts. But the 25% that isn't gold doesn't have the same density.

Stainless steel has a density of roughly 8g / cm3; pure gold 19.3g / cm3

18ct gold has a density of 15.3g / cm3 for pink (slightly less for red, slightly more for yellow)

So your 35g of stainless steel would not be 84g of 18ct gold, but 66.9 g of 18 ct gold. And, of course, only 75% of this is solid gold.

So your calculation would go 66.9 g / 31.1 grams per troy oz =2.15 troy oz X 75% gold X 625 USD/troy oz=$1008 worth of gold.

I could be way off - so please say if I've got this wrong.

As I said, even so, I think that's still a good deal and a 'lot of watch' for those that can afford it.

Best of luck guys! :)

Let me just say, this a fantastic looking watch and fantastic value as a watch. I wish I had that kind of disposable fun money :wub::(

But can I point out a potential flaw (might be wrong) in your gold value calculation for those interested in the 'investment' aspect. I think you worked out the weight of the gold based on the pure density, and then did the 75% calculation to bring it down to 18cts. But the 25% that isn't gold doesn't have the same density.

18ct gold has a density of 15.3g / cm3 for pink (slightly less for red, slightly more for yellow)

So your 35g of stainless steel would not be 84g of 18ct gold, but 66.9 g of 18 ct gold. And, of course, only 75% of this is solid gold.

So your calculation would go 66.9 g / 31.1 grams per troy oz =2.15 troy oz X 75% gold X 625 USD/troy oz=$1008 worth of gold.

As I said, even so, I think that's still a good deal and a 'lot of watch' for those that can afford it.

If you are right you broke the news ever so gently.

It`s out off my league. If i had that spending money i would buy a used moonwatch

You are correct. Also the thickness of the gold may not be the same as the Stainless.

You cannot look at this as an investment. Though it seems like a good deal for a solid 18kt gold watch.

One other thing, I do a lot of alloying 14kt and 18kt gold for castings and there are a lot of different alloys that will give you different shades of rose gold.

This being said, I am interested if it is one of the dealers that I have dealt with and not one of the more

difficult dealers.

It is actually one of the nicest gold watches I have seen but sadly outside the boundaries of logic for what I'd be willing to fork out for a rep. It is beautiful though, and the more I look..... no..... no..... stop....

I couldn't find the size of this piece, I'm assuming it has 20mm lugs, but aren't there are least two sizes of the Mullers in this style? I like the larger ones but would hate to pay this price and get small watch (small for those of us used to pams).

Who can guarantee that it's solid 14K gold. Sorry, but in the reps business it's always a huge risk.

I mean who would sell that much gold for that little money? Are yo usure it's 14K? Or is it Aspires special 5K solid with 14K wrap?

Just be careful and make SURE it is real full 14K gold - from the inside to the outside.

The price is "too much" good... answered please.

Who guarantees ? With rose gold we are very under of the % of a yellow gold 18k... who is the dealer ?

I couldn't find the size of this piece, I'm assuming it has 20mm lugs, but aren't there are least two sizes of the Mullers in this style? I like the larger ones but would hate to pay this price and get small watch (small for those of us used to pams).

Frank Muller Casablanca For Man

Dimension : width 45mm (32mm), height 39 mm, often 11 mm

http://www.replicawatchreport.com/replica-...casablanca.html

Edited by MAHLER

The Dealer: since the money will be sent directly to the dealer, every serious buyer will know who he is before they send the money. You will be pleased when you read his name. It is not Eric or whoever another poster has speculated.

I have an idea of who it is, but an enquiry elsewhere has yielded a figure in excess of $2k.

This one seems a lot cheaper so I am wondering how this is possible ?

Is the dealer already in possession of these watches?

I have an idea of who it is, but an enquiry elsewhere has yielded a figure in excess of $2k.

This one seems a lot cheaper so I am wondering how this is possible ?

Is the dealer already in possession of these watches?

good questions - can we see some pictures of the reps if they're already produced? The pictures posted in the initial post are gens right?

An Update:

First the gold issue: I think the mistake the previous poster made was an extra calculation dividing the density of 18k gold by .75

The density figure of 18k gold already takes into account that 18K is 75% gold( that's why it's density is less than 18k gold and why the different colors of gold have different densities), so multiplying by .75 is redundant and innacurate

To lay this to rest, I'll have the dealer weigh the piece and then we can determine the value by the spot price of 18k scrap.

Just for the record, the density figure I gave was the density of 18ct gold (taken from gold.org). So I am still correct to multiply it by 0.75 to get to the weight of the actual gold.

Fair enough if you're going to weigh it instead, etc.